Reunion

Happy Birthday, Dara!

"Excuse me..."

 

A petite voice was heard as the glass door of the dance studio opened. She entered a room with a full-size mirror. She sighed as she remembers this dance studio. It's been 2 years since she last stood up here, it was the practice of 2015 MAMA, their last stage together. Oh, how she misses that.

 

Kwon Jiyong or also known as G-dragon texted her saying that they will meet up on 2ne1's old dance studio where he explained that BigBang is temporarily using it for practice. But when she had arrived, it was complete darkness she met, there is no one inside the room. She was about to retreat when she saw a little light, more seem a candle through the darkness.

 

Then Sandara Park's memories flash through her mind, it was the same scenario she experienced with her members. She shakily lifts her hands to turn on the switch. And when the lights lit up, there, in the middle of the room, the same bench was used, and the same place the cake was placed. Her memories came flooding.

 

She nervously approached the cake and saw what is written on it.

 

Happy Birthday, Dara! ♧

Love, BigBang

 

She started to get teary-eyed because she was thankful, she was very thankful to experience such a surprise but she gets more emotional as she looked at the clover candy right after her name. She turned her wrist and saw the same clover tattoo. The individual tattoo that 2ne1 members decided to have. Slowly tears started falling right after another as she remembered all the times they spent.

 

"I wish we will stay forever!"

 

"Happy Birthday, 2ne1!"

 

She smiled bitterly as she put her hands above the center of the cake.

 

"2ne1... Nolza..." she cried in a whisper and cover to prevent her from bawling out.

 

《••••••••》

 

"What the--- Hyung...?! Dara-noona is crying!" Seungri whispered as he slapped Jiyong's head to gain his attention.

 

"Shut up...! She might hear us!" Taeyang covered his mouth then looked on Jiyong who is sneaking a look on Dara.

 

He then turned around and pulled his hair with his hand due to frustration. "Ahh! So much for a surprise."

 

They are in the room beside the dance studio, hiding and glimpsing from the woman they've supposed to surprise. This is all the idea of G-dragon who wanted to surprise Dara with all of the members of BigBang and also a reunion of 2ne1. He managed to convince their CEO, namely Yang Hyun-suk, of borrowing the dance studio room to celebrate his actress artist on her birthday. Thankfully, he agreed.

 

"It's not Noona's fault. You were the one who texted her saying, 'Come by the old dance studio!'" Taeyang put his hand across his chest. "With no particular time!"

 

"How should I know that she ain't busy?!" he retorts back and glared at Seungri. "Where the heck is Chaerin?!"

 

"I've contacted her and she said she's on her way."

 

"What about Bom-noona?!"

 

"Jiyong! Chill, alright? Hyung picks her up," Taeyang put his arms in defense as he mentions their Hyung, Choi Seunghyun.

 

"And Minji-ah?"

 

But then Jiyong stops when someone opens the second door of the room, revealing Daesung with Minzy, both have their gummy and same smile.

 

"Oppa..."

 

"Minzy-ah!" Taeyang smiled widely as he hugged the girl that now turns into a lady.

 

They were devastated when they heard that Minzy is leaving her group, but after a year of her departure, she came back to her oppas and unnies, explaining what happens and for that, they understand her pain and depression throughout her years on YG Entertainment. They can never blame her as after she explains, she disappeared once again to finish her studies.

 

After Taeyang hug her, she also received a hug from Seungri then next from Jiyong. She got teary-eyes as Jiyong keep patting her head.

 

"Our maknae is now a lady," Jiyong smiled.

 

"I'm sorry, oppas... For taking so long..."

 

"It's okay, we're just glad you finally caught upon us," Daesung smiled at her so she smiled back.

 

"Where is Dara-unnie---"

 

"Minji?!"

 

They all turned from the source of the voice and found CL at the door alone. Seungri smiled as he opens his arms for her, expecting to feel the newly arrived lady's hug.

 

"Chaerin-ah..."

 

But she passed him off and run towards the girl behind him.

 

"I miss you!" CL hugged Minzy tightly as she became emotional. "Are you now okay?"

 

"Chaerin-unnie, I also miss you," Minzy smiled as she wiped her tears away.

 

CL smiled at her and pat her head. "You've grown now, Minji-ah. Everything is now okay, right?"

 

Minzy's eyes get teary again as she nods her head along. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry, unnie..."

 

"Aish! What did I tell you, it was no one's fault," CL hugged her again that made the rest of the BigBang members smiled.

 

《••••••••》

 

"Where are you taking me, Seunghyun?" a lady glared at the guy on the driver's seat but he paid no attention to her tantrum.

 

"Somewhere."

 

"Take me back!"

 

"Nah..."

 

"What is it?! You do know I don't want to get noticed by the netizens---"

 

TOP sighed as he continues to look on the road. "How long do you think of hiding? The haters all ate what they say to you as the truth comes out, so what is the reason why you keep locking yourself out?"

 

"It's my fault that 2ne1---"

 

"It was no one's fault--- No wait, there is someone at fault."

 

Bom looked at TOP then realized what he just said, she started glaring at him.

 

"It's YG's fault," he said as he glances at her then back to the road. "It was his fault because he never pays attention to Minji leading on her departure. It's his fault because he keeps throwing all of you behind, and it is his ing fault on why you experienced such a huge scandal, he never throws a look on you when that happened, right?"

 

As he said those, Bom looked down and nod her head, she started to get teary. It's all true and she remembered how things went when her drug scandal came out. She trusted that YG will handle it somehow because it was all just a misunderstanding, but she let her hopes up too much and in the end, it destroyed her whole career.

 

"Stop crying and seriously, how long will I wait to announce that we are together?" TOP sighed once again but Bom just laughed it off as she wiped her tears away.

 

"Sorry, just wait till I have my comeback and you can announce it in every part of the world," she smiled at looked at him. "Thank you, Tabi."

 

"That's cool."

 

"So, where are we heading to?" Bom said as she tries to recover from remembering her past.

 

It's all in the past now, she can stop worrying about it already since she has people who still support her in the end.

 

"Hmm, did you forgot that it's Dara-noona's birthday?"

 

"Do I look like a person who forgot her best friend's birthday?" she asked stubbornly as she turns her head away. "I greet her earlier and apologize that I can't be with her because you know..."

 

"Yah! Go to you her birthday, idiot!"

 

"Eh...? Sorry..." Bom pouted but lit her face up. "So, we're going to Dara's?"

 

Before TOP even replied to her, his phone vibrates, notifying him that he has a message. Bom who was waiting for her answer, watched as TOP's face changed when he read the message. TOP smirked and laughed which made Bom looked at him curiously.

 

"What is it?"

 

"Seems like everyone has gathered and Dara-noona is crying alone in the old dance studio," TOP said as he showed her the screen of his phone.

 

She quickly took it and scan the picture. It was a picture sent by Taeyang, where he was taking a selfie and behind him are CL hugging Minzy, who is crying. Seungri with a sad expression and is behind CL poking her just to gain her attention. Daesung is Seungri, with an expression of crying and his thumb is thrown at the door, signing that someone is crying behind those doors. And lastly, Jiyong whose back is facing the camera but his face is peeking inside of the door. And what made Bom laugh even further is the caption below saying, 'Hurry up!'

 

"Chaerin and Minji-ah are in there?!" Bom was surprised then smiled happily. "Omo~ Why didn't you say so?!" Bom's eyes shine then looked at TOP who smiled in reply. "Why are you so slow?! Hurry up!"

 

That made TOP laughed. "Okay, you're the boss!"

 

So he sped up his pace.

 

《••••••••》

 

"Where are Bom-noona and Hyung?!" Jiyong sighed angrily.

 

CL looked at him. "Bom-unnie is coming?!"

 

"Yeah, Chaerin and for you Jiyong, you shouldn't complain, you were the one who didn't explain anything on them at all," Taeyang leaned at a wall for support since he's almost drained from scolding GD. "Mostly, you didn't clear the text to Dara-noona."

 

"Aish!"

 

Everyone was startled when the other door opens widely, seeing an excited Bom and TOP behind her.

 

"Minji-ah! Chaerin-ah! BigBang-ah!" Bom skipped towards the two girls and hug them tightly.

 

"Shhh!" the boys shushed them while Daesung covered Bom's mouth.

 

"Bom-noona, it seems like you gain weight."

 

With Seungri's comment, she removed Daesung's hand from and lean into him with anger. "HA?!"

 

"Ya! Seungri, you just met this day, and that what you are going to say to a girl?!" CL point his face while Bom was about to approach him to knock living daylights off him, but Taeyang pulled her back for doing so.

 

Seungri back away with arms up while Minzy stays behind CL who with Bom angrily pointing and glaring him. Taeyang was holding Bom's arms while Daesung is beside him making CL and Bom calm down. Jiyong sighed as he holds the handle of the door while TOP sat at a chair far away from them. They sure are noisy when together.

 

"Will you be quiet?! She will hear us---"

 

《••••••••》

 

Dara is trying to calm down to finally blow the cake on her own and feeling lonely since no one is there to celebrate such a wonderful cake together. But she needs to be strong, for herself and her friends. She looked around before leaning down but halted when she heard something from the other door of the dance studio, the door that leads to another room. Dara grew nervous, observing the noise she keep hearing from that room. It's almost night and no one seemed to be around this time.

 

She stepped away from the cake and approached the door while swallowing a lump in due to nervousness. As she gets near it, she can hear voices shouting and fighting but can't seem to understand what they were saying. Her hands are shaking in fear as she grabbed the door handle. She pushed the door a little and it reveals a lit room. Due to her curiosity, she pushed it more but came faced Jiyong who is also looking at her.

 

She noticed that his eyes widened but she shrugged that off and turned her head forward to see who are the people causing the noise when the light turns off before she does so. Noticing that Jiyong tap the switch off that is beside the door, she pulls her hands up to reach the switch also. When she found it, she quickly turns it on and saw familiar faces with the same expression as her.

 

Everyone's eyes were on her. She saw CL, grabbing Seungri's collar, Bom who is pointing at him accusingly, Minzy who are behind them, Taeyang pulling Bom away from Seungri, Daesung who's hand in between Seungri's face and CL, TOP sitting far away from them, Seungri who's face are almost dying, and Jiyong who face is sweaty. Her eyes widened but before she can react, Jiyong turns off the lights again so she turns it on again, feeling slightly annoyed with Jiyong's actions. Their positions are all same and she was about to smile from happiness.

 

"Guys---"

 

"Surprise!" Jiyong said as he turns the lights off again.

 

Because of GD's childish actions, she shook her head in frustration. "Aish!" Dara sat on the floor, covering her eyes.

 

TOP sighed then stood up to approach Jiyong and Dara, he was going to turn the lights on but before that, he slapped Jiyong's head, hard.

 

"Stop playing with her!"

 

"Am not!" Jiyong's attention went quickly back to Dara who is now shaking.

 

Everyone stood properly and looked at her worriedly, they all know about now that she is crying because of the quiet whimper coming from her.

 

Jiyong was about to sit in front of her. "Dara---"

 

"Minji-ah! Chaerin-ah! Bommie-ah!" Dara bawled out then jump to them that made Jiyong scared and crawled back.

 

"Unnie!" CL opens her arms to her, the same for Minzy.

 

They all went for a group hug, 2ne1 style.

 

"I miss all of you!"

 

"Dara-ah!" Bom started tearing up.

 

"I miss you too, unnie!" Minzy bawled out.

 

"Wahhhh!!! I love you guys!!!" Dara shouted as she cried.

 

"I love you too!!!" CL cried also.

 

The boys looked at each other before laughing and smiling at their little reunion.

 

"Okay, okay, enough! Dara-noona, you still haven't blow your candles," Daesung stated that made her nod but she didn't budge from the hug.

 

"Aish! If it wasn't for me, this wouldn't be a success," right after Seungri said those words, he received a glare from CL and Bom. "As I said, I'm at fault."

 

"Dara, blow your candle first," Jiyong put his hands on her shoulders.

 

CL and Dara pull away from each other so she can see Jiyong behind her. She nods her head as she wipes her tears away while her other arm is still attached to Minzy's back. She's overwhelmed with pressure, excitement, and happiness. She just received the best birthday surprise than she can remember. They went back to the room where the cake was. The boys let the girls first to enter as they will just follow them.

 

Dara leans down once again and blows it off. "Happy Birthday to you, Dara," she smiled to herself.

 

Because of that, Taeyang clap his hands while TOP smile, Dara hug Minzy once again, Seungri is going for a hug to CL but she shrugged him off, Bom jumps a little freely while Daesung sighed with a smile, and Jiyong stretches his arms up with a yawn.

 

"Okay! Let's eat!" he said as he put his arms down.

 

"Yeah, that's a good idea! Where?! I'm hungry!" Bom commented happily.

 

"Unnie, you're always hungry," Minzy smiled at her and it takes time for her to react.

 

"Yah! Minji-ah!" instead of punching her, she hugged her instead.

 

"Let's eat and drink!" CL yelled as she put her arms to Dara's shoulder. "The boys' treat!" she yelled again as she walked over the door to exit from the dance studio.

 

"Yay!" Minji claps her hands and follows her unnies with Bom tailing their backs.

 

The boys processed first what CL had just said. Who's treating who?

 

"YAH!!!"

 

《••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••END••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••》