Part III

I want to tell you everything (The words I never got to say the first time around)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


She had promised her parents she wouldn’t do anything work-related during her stay in her hometown and she was going to stay true to her word until, after being in Jeonju for two weeks, she received a call from Ryujin. 


Apparently, Brian had talked to the girl about Jisu’s idea of making a show with a performance factor included, of course, the idea was just a project she had planned to do after she sorted out her emotional life but when the girl offered her the opportunity of arranging everything without having to leave Jeonju she couldn’t say no. 


“Jisu, I thought we talked about this,” said her mom in a disappointed tone. The woman looked tired, she was known for her beautiful eye-smile (Jisu got it from her) and never-ending enthusiasm but the situation had taken a toll on her. 


“I know, mom. But I really want to do this, you know this is what makes me happy,” said the girl, honesty flowing out of her voice. They stared at each other for a few more seconds when a voice interrupted their silence.


“Just let her do it, Miyoung-ah. I don’t want to be the reason why you stop doing what you like.” 


The mother and daughter looked at the woman, she was old now but she still had that spark within her. 


“Mom, I told you to call me whenever you wanted to walk,” said Miyoung in a worried tone.


“I know I’m old but I can do this by myself, Jisu you can do whatever it is you’re doing, I can’t wait to see it!” said the grandma with the most genuine smile, she of all people knew how much Lia loved designing. 


“Thank you, halmeoni,” said the girl taking the older woman in for a bone-crushing hug. Miyoung couldn’t help but smile at the sight, her mother was right, life shouldn’t stop and even less when the people she loved the most could smile like that every day. 


Lia missed this and while she made unforgettable memories and met people that she will forever love and be thankful for, nothing could beat the feeling she had when she was at home. She made a mental note to call Ryujin and ask her about that choreographer she knew because the sooner she started, the better. 

 

...

 

The lights were low and only her heavy breathing was heard in the room. She'd been practicing for more than 4 hours now but it still wasn't enough, guess that was what set her apart from other choreographers and dancers, she gave it more than enough and then some. The people in her life always told her to take it easy but Hwang Yeji will always do whatever she can. 


"Yeji-ah, it's midnight already. What are you still doing here?" a tired voice said. Yeji looked at herself in the mirror, redoing the last move of the choreo before looking at the guy that just came into the room. 


"What do you think I can add to it? I feel like something's missing," said Yeji, not even bothering to answer the question she was asked.  


Hyunjin could only sigh as he approached the girl, this was how working with Yeji was like.


"I guess you could maybe..." He grabbed her wrist and moved it upwards, forming a crown with her other hand. Then, he jokingly pushed her shoulder making the girl lose her balance and the sound of shoes chirring with the floor filled the room.


"Yah, I'm serious!" said Yeji, trying to hide the smile forming on her face. 


"I am too! The choreo is perfect," said the guy, sitting down next to the girl who was now holding her knees with her arms, looking at her reflection in the mirror. 


"Really?" asked the girl in an unsure tone. Yeji was a great overthinker, almost as great as she was a dancer, and Hyunjin knew about that perfectly well.


"Of course! Now, c'mon you haven't had dinner and the food I brought's gonna get cold," the guy said and Yeji stood up almost immediately, knowing that Hyunjin bought her her favorite snacks. She was thankful for him every day, he was her support system at times like this, times when all she could do was feel small and insecure.


They ate and then made their way to the apartment building they lived in, she and Hyunjin were roommates for the first few years of college but on senior year Hyunjin moved in with his boyfriend. She was really happy for them and Seungmin was an amazing guy who also, with time, became a dear friend to her. 


"You know you're always welcome to come by," said Hyunjin getting off the elevator. Yeji had told him about what happened when she went to Seoul a few weeks ago, hearing about Jisu brought him back to the times when they were younger and foolish, the time when he also liked Yeji.


"It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter