Epilogue : In the other life

Afterlife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"AIM, CHARGE!"


The vast movements of arrows shot through the air, landing into the targets with one final swish. Some of them shot fine but Yujin landed a shot just meters away from the bullseye.


Minjoo smiled proudly, beside her was her father and standing behind her is a servant, fanning both her and the king.


They were currently watching the annual knight competition of the kingdom, wherein knights of various specialties would be fighting for a prize.


Yujin wasn't necessarily invited to join but she knew everyone's expecting her to be there, and so she did. She wore a black leather archer's larp this time, short hair half tied and long bow in hand.


She looked so hot and Minjoo can feel herself getting warmer at the sight of Yujin's glorious arms in full display.


Or maybe just because the servant stopped fanning altogether. Minjoo looked behind her and raised a brow at the servant. The girl's mouth is wide open, staring at Yujin with wide eyes.


Minjoo looked at Yujin again before clearing , successfully grabbing the servant's attention away from the knight.


"Yuanying, i'm feeling warm. Please try your best in cooling the air even just for a tiny bit." Minjoo ordered. The said servant nodded before doing her job again.


Yuanying's her father's favorite servant. She's from Taiwan and was traded by her own father for the King to spare his life during one of the kingdom's quests.


She's tall and charming, also have a very neat potential in being a princess. But Minjoo never really liked her. Not at all.


Minjoo sighed before focusing on Yujin instead of those unnecessary thoughts. The next tournament would be about the fighting skills of the knight.


Which meant cuts, blood and a lot of sweat. Minjoo doesn't like worrying over her lover but at these times, she can't help but do so.


"Father, is it fine for Yujin to not join this tournament?" Minjoo asked, trying to sound neutral to avoid suspicions. Her father looked at her before shaking his head with a small smile.


"My dear, Yujin's the best in our army. You should've seen how she used those fists in bringing the enemies down." King Junhui muttered, anticipating for Yujin's turn.


Minjoo sighed. She can't say no to the king, that would be disrespectful of her.


"Besides, I invited King Mingyu and his family to watch. A knight like our Yujin should be proudly paraded into thousands of kingdoms."


Minjoo furrowed her brows at the familiar name. If her memory's working correctly, King Mingyu is the lord of the north. He have a daughter and a son, both with cold and mean demeanor.


Another set of people Minjoo does not really like.


"With all due respect, I believe that isn't a great idea, father. King Mingyu is known to be keen and observant. If he ever took a liking into Yujin's skills, he might battle for her."


"Then we'll let it be." King Junhui answered. The response surprised Minjoo. Her father never quit on a battle. How can he give Yujin just like that.


Upon seeing the confusion on his daughter's face, the King chuckled lightly, earning another question from her daughter.


"Calm down, my child. I was thinking about letting you meet King Mingyu's son, Prince Hyunjin. With that, a truce could be made upon marriageㅡ"


Minjoo widened her eyes and stood up even before the king could finish his sentence, surprising him and the servants.


"B-But, I should marry to someone I love. I can't marry a man I just met." Minjoo argued. Her father's being irrational. There's no way she would marry a guy. Yujin wouldn't be pleased about it, neither is she.


King Junhui sighed before calmly asking the princess to sit down again, which Minjoo did politely.


"This is our best chance to reunite the north and the south again. Together, the two kingdoms could reign which will be passed on to you and Prince Hyunjin." King Junhui continued.


Minjoo shook her head again, silently pleading to her father with puppy eyes.


"But father, please, I don't want to marry someone like that Prince. He's arrogant." Minjoo argued. King Junhui just sighed before holding Minjoo's hand gently, smiling at her warmly.


"You have to marry, Minjoo. You're the only heir of the throne. I would rather let you go with an arrogant but smart prince rather than a humble but imbecile one."


'But I do need no prince. I have a knight.' Minjoo wanted to tell him that but she merely looked at the said knight instead.


She knew there's no way her father would allow it if he ever learned that she and Yujin were having an affair. He would never let Minjoo date a woman, no matter how happy she was.


In her and Yujin's relationship, freedom is impossible.


That's just how it is.




"Eyy, you always run into unfortunate times, Kim Minjoo."


"You should be on the ER right now, Chaeyeon-unnie, but you're disturbing miss beautiful's precious time in here instead."


Yujin blinked at the sudden compliment. That was unexpected. This new girl looked really timid at first glance, but the way she speak and act says otherwise.


Minjoo extended a hand on Yujin with a big smile. Yujin looked at the offered hand before slowly grasping it on her own, feeling how soft the doctor's hand is.


"I'm Minjoo."


"Oh h-hi, Minjoo-ssi." The younger girl replied.


Yujin saw the doctor tilting her head slightly, brows furrowed in deep thought.


"Have we met before?" Minjoo asked, hand still coiled with Yujin. The younger girl blinked for the nth time. She never met the doctor. Although she and Chaeyeon were quite familiar.


"I don't think so." Yujin replied.


Minjoo just nodded, not even minding her and Yujin's hand, but Chaeyeon does. She elbowed Minjoo, opting the girl to look at her.


"Your hand." Chaeyeon whispered harshly.


"What?"


"I said your hand. You had been shaking hands with her for minutes now." Minjoo just noticed it and slowly pulled her hand away, grinning cheekily at Yujin.


The younger girl just replied with a small smile on her own, finding Minjoo quite adorable.


"Oh, I still don't know your name. What is it?" Minjoo excitedly asked. Yujin looked at her before replying what she was asked with a small smile on her own.


"Yujin."


"Well, we have to go now. We'll see you some other time, Yujinnie!"


And Minjoo, along with Chaeyeon, zoomed out into the hallways, leaving a quite surprised Yujin behind.


'How did she know that?'


As far as she remember, it's Chaewon and Wonyoung who gave her that nickname, something Yena adapted later on. She never really told anyone about it before.


But Minjoo knows. And it's either she thought of it that instant or she knew it. The latter is creeping Yujin out but it was also impossible for Minjoo to know that, so she pushed it aside.


She turned around and looked up at the painting again, smiling softly as she focused her eyes on the subject of the portrait ; the ethereal Princess of the Gaya Kingdom.


"You're always beautiful to look at." Yujin muttered to herself.


The painting never changes, even if it's not the original one. She could differentiate the lines and the figures filled with colors so well. She just know.


"You're back here again." Another voice emerged beside Yujin and she jumped back in surprise before looking around.


How did this woman got in here without making a sound?


"H-huh?" Yujin asked as soon as she regained her composure. The lady, looking like she's in her mid-30's, smiled at the painting before looking at Yujin.


"You're always standing here ever since you came last week and I always see you staring at that beautiful painting."


Yujin looked back at the said painting before nodding.


"Are you ill?" The girl asked again, to which Yujin shook her head into.


"I'm here for a check-up. I've been feeling sore in my arm and leg but there's no sign of anything that might've caused it yet. Except for the scars."


The woman looked at Yujin with a blank face before nodding.


"Knife scars?"


Yujin looked at the woman and raised a brow. It's weird that someone's so interested on her health all of a sudden and for all Yujin knows, she could be one of Junhui's spies.


Being raised on the wrong side of the tracks made her paranoid with new people, and although she knew she don't live the same life as before, some things never change.


"Why are you so interested?"


Noticing the venom on Yujin's voice, the woman chuckled lightly, shaking her head.


"I'm just curious. You know, there's a myth about your scars. They say that if it was there when it wasn't supposed to be, they're probably the scars of your past life."


Yujin scoffed in disbelief before shaking her head.


"I don't believe in reincarnations. They were never proven."


"It's disappointing how you couldn't remember anything, even when it's already infront of you."


Yujin halted and looked at the woman with furrowed brows, unable to process everything that she's saying all at once. From the reincarnation to this sudden 'disappointment'. It doesn't make any sense at all.


And Yujin being so interested in it doesn't either.


"The gods tried their best to punish your doings. You did something they weren't so pleased about, both in your past and in your present. But you held your place and they realized it would be unfair for someone to be living in darkness all of their lives."


"What are you talking about?" Yujin asked.


The woman turned to her before smiling softly, motherly even. Like how a grandmother smiles to her granchildren. Warm and full of love.


"You lived well. And so did she."


Yujin kept her brows furrowed, unable to understand anything the woman says, but before she could ask her, the woman already left, walking into the hallways where Minjoo and Chaeyeon had gone to.


And for the second time, Yujin was left wondering in the middle of the hospital.


Not noticing the white rose planted on her feet.


--


"So what did the doctor say?" Yuri asked as she looked at Yujin.


"Did they find anything else that might connect you with the scars?" Yena added.


Yujin shook her head.


The three of them were on a fastfood chain, grabbing their lunches. Yujin have nothing else to do until 5 pm (which is still 3 hours from now) while the CIA couple were on a week leave after the success of their recent case.


"They still can't explain why these scars suddenly appeared. But a woman told me that it's probably scars from my past life." Yujin scoffed. Of course that's not true.


Past lives aren't true. If it is then she should've been probably in hell right now, considering how she's so sure that she was lucifer's descendant even back then.


"The one on my spine is from my past life as well then. The doctors couldn't explain it either." Yuri stated as she took a bite of her hamburger.


Yujin widened her eyes. She never heard Yuri mentioning it.


"You do?"


"The scar appeared five years ago." Yena answered in behalf of Yujin, opting the younger girl to raise her brow.


"And how did you know that?"


"When we're having sㅡ"


"Yena-ah!" Yuri stopped Yena from continuing any further whilst Yujin groaned in disgust upon realizing what Yena meant.


"But she's asking, Yul!"


"You don't have to tell her that."


And just like that, the couple's back to bickering again. They're always like this. Most of the time it's cute, but sometimes, it could get scary.


Like that one time Yuri suddenly grew mad at Yena for shooting her with a small plastic arrow. They almost broke up because of how "scared" Yuri was.


It was solved, fortunately, after Yena apologized for 2 days straight. If you'd ask Yujin, it's obviously whipped culture at it's finest.


Yujin can't help but look at the two, who's still arguing by the way.


Yuri's parents helped Yena with her studies. When they died, she carried Yuri by herself. Some thinks they're sisters, therefore getting uncomfortable when they knew that they're actually girlfriends.


But Yuri had been inlove with Yena for years.


And she once said that "If it appeared right in front of your eyes, it's hard to stop. You'll crave for it, trust me."


Yujin smiled softly. Her friends deserved what they have now. A healthy and very loving relationship.


Except with the bickerings. They're like tom and jerry sometimes. Chaewon would like to call it "past life syndrome" wherein she believes that Yuri and Yena had been enemies on their past lives.


You see, Chaewon's weird so Yujin doesn't really mind her.


Yujin looked outside through the window, letting the couple fight by themselves. She saw the rush of people on the streets, the cars zooming past each other, the green leaves of the trees lined up on the sidewalk, and a familiar doctor on her phoneㅡ


Yujin furrowed her brows, trying so hard to remember the girl. She widened her eyes in recognition as she now remembered the doctor.


"Doctor Minjoo." She muttered under her breath, eyes kept on the doctor, when suddenly, Minjoo dropped her phone. Yujin squinted her eyes before jerking in surprise when Minjoo looked at her direction.


It looked like the doctor recognized her as she offered Yujin a small smile. She stood up and waved to the younger girl, opting Yujin to smile wider.


Minjoo's adorable.


Minjoo walked again and while she did so, Yujin kept her eyes to the doctor's form, only looking away when Minjoo got lost in the crowd.


Yena and Yuri looked at the younger girl simultaenously with confused faces. Yujin's smiling to herself while looking down on her food. Which is creepy.


"Hey dude, you fine? You look like you're murdering someone inside your head." Yuri smacked Yena after the duck said that.


Yujin looked at the two before shaking her head stiffly.


"I just remembered the kids on the school and got excited."


The couple weren't buying it but refused to pry any further. They then looked behind Yujin and waved, opting Yujin to do the same.


She turned around and looked into the direction of the counter, only to be surprised at the sight of Doctor Minjoo, waving at both Yuri and Yena.


Yujin immediately looked at the couple with furrowed brows. They haven't mention anything about Minjoo. Wait, Yujin didn't either.


"Minjoo-ah, here!" Yena called as she pointed their table.


Yujin gulped. The only available seat was the one beside her and if the couple knew that Minjoo's the reason why she was smiling earlier, they'll probably say something embarrassing.


Yujin looked down, trying to cover her face with her hair. She doesn't want to be seen, surprisingly. Coming from someone who always loved attention, it's a plot twist.


"Am I late?" Minjoo asked as soon as she arrived at the table.


Yuri shook her head before looking at Yujin weirdly.


"Yah An Yujin, don't be rude." Yuri stated. The said girl closed her eyes before biting her lip, slowly looking up.


She looked at Minjoo and smiled awkwardly. The doctor grinned at her before taking the seat beside her, taking off her lab gown and revealing a white shirt tucked in washed jeans.


She looked good, Yujin have to give her that.


"Hello there, Yujin-ssi." Minjoo greeted, earning confused eyes from the couple.


"You knew each other?" Yena asked as she looked at Yujin with wriggling brows. This is exactly what Yujin was talking about. Yena's the human definition of hell and Yujin's torment was just starting now.


Minjoo nodded before replying.


"We met at the hospital this morning. Pretty faces are hard to ignore." Yujin choked on her cola as she heard Minjoo say that.


Was she really flirting? If she is then she's hella smooth.


"Pretty faces huh?" Yena muttered as she looked at Yujin, now smiling widely. The younger girl wasn't meeting her eyes, afraid that she might have the will to strangle Yena right then and there.


"Yujinnie is attractive." Minjoo continued.


Yujin choked even more, now really choking on her cola. She was coughing a lot. Minjoo offered her some drink, running a hand on her back softly.


Yujin suddenly halted.


'This feeling....... it's too familiar.'


This is weird. Yujin could feel the familiarity in that simple action. It's like she was touched by the same hand on the same way before. Soft and gentle.


Yujin looked at Minjoo with furrowed brows.


"Have we met before?"


Minjoo blinked. Did Yujin suddenly have an amnesia as she choked? But that's medically impossible.


"At the hospitalㅡ"


"No. Before that."


Minjoo paused, thinking about it. She asked that to Yujin at the hospital too. As they shook her hands, she felt like it was familiar. She can feel the familiarity, like the same hand touched her there the same way before.


But she can't remember meeting Yujin at all.


And she's not one to forget a pretty face that easily.


"I don't think so."


Minjoo looked at Yujin, the younger girl doing so as well. They were just staring, reading each other through the eyes, trying to find the answers to questions they don't even know themselves.


"The is too much, don't you think? I bet you 25 dollars that they'll be together next week." Yena whispered to her girlfriend. Yuri looked at her before shaking her head.


"I bet 25 dollars that they wouldn't be together until next month."


Yena raised a brow at Yuri before offering her hand, shaking the girl's hand to seal the deal.


Meanwhile, Yujin and Minjoo finally realized that they had probably been staring for a long time already and looked away at the same time. Minjoo pulled her hand away from Yujin's back whilst the younger girl continued drinking her cola awkwardly.


That was so sudden. They were basically strangers, and no matter how shameless both of their personalities are, that's still awkward and completely unnecessary.


"If you're too curious about each other you can just ask you know and talk it out. Walk on the park, maybe." Yena suggested as she wriggled her brows up and down to Minjoo.


The doctor shook her head at the duck with a small smile.


"I'm busy. The school would have its program starting tomorrow." Yujin refused. Minjoo looked at her before looking down. Yena on the other hand pouted whilst Yuri did her own celebratory party on her head.


"Wait, art school? You're a teacher?" Minjoo asked, looking up at Yujin, who shook her head.


"Yujin owns it." Yuri answered on behalf of the said woman.


Minjoo widened her eyes before suddenly smacking Yujin's arm, surprising the girl.


"You're so rich!"


"You are too though." Yena responded instead.


"Shut up, Yena-unnie. I'm talking to Yujin." Minjoo warned. Yena raised her hands in surrender with Yuri laughing at her girlfriend.


"You can say that." Yujin stated boastfully. She literally have her own school, how cool is that? Also, she now have 4 ferraris and a tesla (she suddenly loved horses).


Minjoo gaped before extending a hand, pouting at Yujin.


"What?" Yujin asked as she looked at the girl. Minjoo's eyes are blinking rapidly, lips still on pout and her hands placed tightly just below her chin.


"Money please." Minjoo stated in english and Yujin laughed, unable to hold it anymore.


"No money. I'm just a child." Yujin replied on the same language and laughed. Minjoo puckered her lips even more, now getting closer to Yujin, elbowing the girl.


"Money, juseyo~"


Yujin can't help but cooed at the cuteness. She's feeling so soft with how Minjoo pouts like that, eyes pleading.


"Okay okay, i'll treat you but just for today. Don't doctors get paid?"


"You know she's Kim Minjoo, right, Yujin?" Yuri suddenly asked seriously, completely silencing the laughs and making her own girlfriend confused.


"Uh yes, she mentioned itㅡ"


"I mean, you know where she came from right? Who her family is?"


Minjoo tilted her head into Yuri, not knowing what's with the sudden doubt. Yujin on the other hand just raised a brow at the CIA officer, unable to answer the questions.


"I don't. But they're not necessarry, aren't they?" Yujin responded with a question on her own. Cause seriously, what's the big deal.


"She's Kim Junhui's daughter. That's who she is." Yuri stated seriously, earning a silent gasp from Yujin.


Kim Junhui's daughter. Kim Junhui, that one guy who made sure they'll live in hell, groomed them only for his own benefit, made them who they are today.


And now his daughter's here. Living her best life.


"So you're the daughter." Yujin muttered silently. Minjoo looked at Yuri and the saw the girl nodding, opting her to widen her eyes.


"We asked Minjoo to meet up since she wanted to apologize in behalf of her father. She already did with Wonyoung and Chaewon at the agency and it's your turn, Yujin." Yuri stated as she grabbed Yujin's hand.


The younger girl looked at the CIA officer with swirling emotions all over the place. She looked mad, confused, hesitating and the most dominant one, she's scared.


"You'll be fine. Just talk things out and remember that Minjoo's not her father. She's trying her best to live all by herself." Yuri whispered at her.


Yujin looked down before nodding softly. She isn't sure she'll be able to calm herself later though but Yuri's right. Minjoo's not her father.


Yuri smiled before pulling her hand, standing up with Yena.


"We'll be taking our leave now. You two talk it out. We'll meet you tomorrow, Yujinnie." Yena muttered before leaving with Yuri, waving at the two women that were left inside.


"Do you think they'll be fine?" Yena asked to her girlfriend as soon as they reached the door.


"I know they'll be fine. Yujin changed for the better five years ago."


Yena nodded. That's right. Yujin changed five years ago, after their last assignment that involved the painting.


She learned how to let herself stay focused in one task and calm herself down. She also knew how to tend her own cuts, she learned how to paint and well, her archery skill was definitely on maximum level that she won a competition after 2 days of training.


Just 2 freaking days.


Yuri and Yena could only just hope that they would indeed be able to talk things out. So that no more past would be holding them from moving forward with their current lives anymore.


Meanwhile, Minjoo and Yujin just awkwardly sat with each other. No one knows what to say. Minutes later, Yujin felt shifting beside her and saw Minjoo changing her seat in front if her, where Yuri used to sit in.


"Yujin-ssi, i'm really sorry for what my father did to you." Minjoo sighed. Yujin looked at the girl and noticed how she looked down.


"I started living by myself 10 years ago. I moved out right after I knew that he's using kids to steal things. I called a friend at the CIA and got lucky that Yuri-unnie was there to help."


Yujin widened her eyes at that. So Minjoo's the one who called Yuri. That's why the CIA knew about Junhui's tactics and planted Yena in their team. She basically own Minjoo their lives now then.


"You saved us Minjoo-ssi, so I think it would be unfair if we don't forgive you after that." Yujin responded.


Minjoo took a glance at the girl and smiled softly.


"You changed."


"Pardon?"


"They said you changed, after that assignment that have to do with the painting. That's why I brought it as well, placed it on the hospital." Minjoo continued.


Yujin halted before furrowing her brows at Minjoo, surprised as the realization seeped right in.


"Wait, you own the hospital?" She asked. Minjoo blinked before awkwardly sipping her cola, making Yujin conclude that she's right.


"It was my mother's. But she died with a heart attack after learning about Junhui's dark business."


The way she spat Junhui's name with venom reassured Yujin that they were on the same boat and that she shouldn't worry about Minjoo.


Like Yuri said, she's just the daughter, she doesn't have any direct connection with Junhui's doing. Besides, Minjoo looked like she hated him with all of her organs which makes her and Yujin all the same.


"Then I take back my offer. You can pay for your own."


"Butㅡ"


"No buts, Minjoo-ssi." Yujin stopped herself from laughing as Minjoo comically looked at her wide mouth and wide eyes.


"I wouldn't let you enter at my hospital again." Minjoo stated as she 'angrily' ate her burger.


"Sure sure."


They ate in silence, taking a glance on each other once in a while, careful to not be caught by the other. Yujin don't understand the reason behind how comfortable she and Minjoo were.


And unknown things scares her. It makes her feel like she's missing something very important that could either ruin her life or be of advantage to it.


"Look at you two, now happily moving with your past." An old woman, probably in her mid-70's spoke as she stood beside Minjoo and Yujin's table.


Minjoo smiled at the old woman before offering her a seat. Yujin just looked at the grandmother without much of an interest.


"Grandmother, are you lost?" Minjoo asked. The old woman shook her head before patting Minjoo's head warmly, widening the doctor's smile.


"You're living your life well, my child. That's why the gods gave you your wish."


Minjoo paused before smiling again, knowing for a fact that old people tend to talk like that because of their memory gaps.


And the best way to deal with them is to play along.


"Oh really? What did I wish for then?" Minjoo asked. Yujin kept her eyes at the doctor before looking at the old woman, anticipating what the answer could be.


If Minjoo wished Kim Junhui's death then she and Yujin wishes the same thing.


"You wished for the gods to bring back your lover. To bring back your life."


Minjoo's smile fell out of her face as she heard that. She doesn't know when but she remember. She remember herself saying that. Her own voice echoes on her head. It's like a distant memory that her brain pushed behind her headscape.


She could hear how sad, how desperate she sounded. And it pains her. She doesn't know to whom but she remember it.


"H-How?"


"My dearest child, you'll know it soon, both of you. The gods had planned this all along. And when you finally did remember, don't look back at it and try your best to live the life you have now." The old woman stood up before leaving the two of the kids alone, letting them think by themselves.


Yujin looked at Minjoo worriedly as she saw the girl wiping her tears.


"Are you good? What happened?" Yujin asked. Minjoo looked at Yujin with teary eyes, furrowing her brows as distinct voices made it's way on her head.


It sounded like a goodbye.


Someone's leaving a farewell.


"In another life my love."


Minjoo looked at Yujin and forced a smile, trying to push her hallucinations at the back of her mind.


"Uh I think i'll go home now, Yujinnie. Sorry for leaving so soon but I don't feel w-well." Minjoo hastily stood up and rushed into the door, not giving Yujin any chance to ask her.


Yujin sighed, getting confused over what happened.


She clicked her tongue before looking at her phone placed on the table. She grabbed it and noticed the white rose infront of her.


"Is this Minjoo's?" She asked to herself. She grabbed the rose and eyed it. It's too white. Too healthy, unlike those roses she sees on stores.


She kept it and left not long after, making one last call before going inside her car.


"Yul-unnie? Can I have Minjoo's number please?"


 

It's already a part of the Gayan tradition to have a ball after the tournaments. Everyone were invited. From the poorest of the servants to the richest of the kings, everyone's here.


The servants, of course, have to work but atleast they have access into the foods and drinks. That's what King Junhui wants. Also, Princess Minjoo likes to keep it that way.


Speaking of the princess, she's tucked in her pink rose ball gown, hair braided into a french braid, all thanks to Yuanying. Guess the young servant's of good use.


She looked ethereal. Aphrodite's child, she's called.


As she walked down the stairs, everyone's eyes were kept on her, watching as the princess' beauty unveiled infront of their eyes.


"Bow down to your higness, Princess Kim Minjoo of the Gaya Kingdom." The general announced, to which the people did.


Minjoo smiled at them before bowing as well, politely greeting each and every one of the guests.


"Your majesty, may I offer you a drink?" Minjoo turned around and saw a man tucked in his maroon velvet tuxedo, smiling at her.


She must be a prince. From the way he slipped his hand on his pocket to the way he stands up, it screams royalty and superiority all over the place.


Minjoo bowed her head slightly, smiling politely to the prince before shaking her head.


"I don't drink, your highness."


"Oh, you know me?" The guy asked, to which Minjoo shook her head into.


"That's a shame. Well, i'm Prince Hyunjin of the Northern Kingdom, heir of King Mingyu's place. I can't seem to pinpoint where I saw you before but I am certain I did." Prince Taeyong smiled charmingly.


Minjoo knows he doesn't mean the last part. They haven't met before. He failed to come along with his father and sister on the tournaments (to King Junhui's dismay).


She merely nodded, keeping her smile as polite as possible. She don't want him misunderstanding her actions. That's the last thing she wanted to happen.


"I was wondering if you wanna dance? I was told I am very good at it." Hyunjin offered.


Minjoo was on her way to refuse, when suddenly, gasps emerged from the crowd as a familiar face entered the hall. Minjoo felt her breath stopping at the sight.


Yujin was fully dressed on a black long sleeves topped with a white suit and her signature tight black jeans. There's a harness placed inside her suit, making her look more superior. And the way her hair messily sprawled itself on her shoulders made her features more prominent.


She look like a prince. Minjoo's ideal prince.


"An Yujin, Highest Knight of the Kingdom on the seas, Seoul." The general announced.


Everyone gasped at Yujin and Minjoo can't still stop herself from gaping at the sight of the girl prompting Hyunjin to roll his eyes.


Yujin doesn't have any will to participate. She's extremely tired but the thought of the princess in a ball gown made her crazy, and so she arrived, only to see Minjoo smiling with a prince.


Yujin didn't appreciate it. Minjoo told her that once you attach yourself to the princess, you cannot attach yourself to someone else.


But in Yujin's words, it's all about claiming what's yours.


And that's what she'll do.



Yujin walked at the hallways. The staffs bowed at her, aware of the fact that she's the owner. It's not everyday that she goes there, she have people that handles the art school for her.


But there'll be a program coming, wherein the students' artworks would be displayed. She have guests and possible buyers, and of course, the profit would be given to the owner of the art.


She likes to showcase her students' talents, not just enhance them. That's why she hired trust-worthy experts to teach their field in her school. The travel all round the world was worth it.


Her school's open to all levels. From grade school to high school. The campuses were different of course but the Gayan trademark's there.


"Yujin-nim?" A staff approached the girl and Yujin raised a brow.


"The staffs and organizers were asking for your participation in the meeting. We're planning on adding up a feature for the program." Yujin furrowed her brows.


"The plans were concrete, what's with the sudden change?"


"It's a good idea, Yujin-nim. You'll like it." The girl smiled and Yujin looked down, thinking for a while before looking back at the staff, nodding once in agreement.


When they arrived at the meeting room, the organizers were already there, bowing at her. She sat on a chair and raised a brow.


"So, what's new?"


"We're planning to add a ball for the high school department, maam."


Yujin furrowed her brows. Isn't that too impulsive? They wouldn't be able to get things done with this amount of given time.


"But we don't have much time left. The preparations for the ball would be stressful. You're aware of that, right?" Yujin looked at the assigned principal, Kwon Eunbi.


"That's why we had decided to do help as well, Yujin-nim. We could do it with 350 extra hands. I'm sure we'll be able to push it up and get it done by tomorrow." Eunbi smiled and Yujin sighed, frown building up on her face.


"But that's not part of your job. You teach and facilitate, not doing those hassle stuffs."


The staffs smiled at the sentiment. Yujin is younger to the most of them in here, but out of everyone, she holds the biggest heart. She treats them as a part of a big family, not just employees.


That's why they're trying to repay her kindness by doing their works on top gear, makin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter