Final.

Afterlife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What's the new assignment?" Yujin asked as she plopped herself beside their intel, Chaewon, on the couch. They were summoned by their evil foster father for another 'assignment'.


"This is hard. We need to go past the national security and break a lot of laws that even him can't dodge." Chaewon muttered as she sighed, still typing furiously in her laptop.


She meant about the senator that grabbed them from the streets and gave them everything they need, only to make them his own personal slaves by asking them to steal into whatever he might find interest in. Tremendous training led them with this very nice record ; "korea's most wanted robbery group".


"What's so important with this assignment though?" Yujin asked. She watched as series of incoherent numbers and digits were being typed on screen by Chaewon. That looked serious but she can't even understand a thing or what it does.


"It's a painting. A really important one. It was an artwork from the 1500's which made it cost even more." Chaewon answered.


Yujin looked at the girl with a raised brow before nodding. She stood up from the couch and grabbed an apple from the table infront. She really doesn't understand why a piece of an old painting suddenly became so important to the whole country for it to be inside a museum with full-on security from the government.


"I mean, it could just be plagiarized today." Yujin shrugged before leaving the house, but before she could pass through the door, Chaewon called her back in.


Yujin clicked her tongue in annoyance before turning back.


"What is it?" Yujin asked as she jumped back to where she sat before.


"This is the painting i'm talking about." Chaewon showed her laptop to Yujin and smiled.


"I think I know why it's so important." Chaewon added.


Yujin was too focused to mind. This painting looked good. It isn't as good as the other portraits she had seen (and stole) but there's something about this painting that made it looked sad.


"This is depressing." Yujin pushed the laptop away from her face. That looked oddly sad for her. Maybe it's the lady on the painting? Or whatever, Yujin isn't the art type to know.


"Oddly enough this was made by the woman's lover, a week before they were executed." Chaewon added and Yujin scoffed.


"You can just say boyfriend like normal people do." Yujin went outside again, not stopping even with Chaewon's loud yell of "BUT!"


"Yeah yeah, you can handle those stuffs just right. Let me just enjoy this freedom for once." Yujin smirked to herself before riding her big bike.


"That painting still looks depressing to me though." She muttered for the last time as she zoomed in the roadway.


--


"You're here early." Wonyoung stated as she invited Yujin inside her apartment.


"Don't you want to see me?" Yujin pouted playfully.


Wonyong replied with an eye roll before smiling, approaching Yujin on the coach before stradling the girl. She looped her arms into Yujin's broad shoulders before kissing the girl softly.


"Of course I do." Wonyoung muttered silently as they pulled away, only to find their lips locked again.


"Wait." Wonyoung pulled away again. Yujin furrowed her brows as Wonyoung got up from her lap, walking back into god knows where.


When she got back to Yujin, she was already carrying her signature bag. The one that have each and every piece of supply that Yujin needed for every assignment.


"Here you go. I might forget it later." Wonyoung smiled as she gave it to Yujin.


The girl beamed and excitedly opened the black bag. There she saw her toys. Her guns.


"The Taurus TX22 was still being reloaded. That gun is a brat." Wonyoung added. Yujin looked up at the girl before pulling her close, back to where she was seated before.


Yujin smiled at her cheekily before pecking the girl's lips softly.


"It only works for me." Yujin teased and Wonyoung nodded her head slowly.


"Oh really." Wonyoung slurred as her sly hands worked on Yujin's leather jacket, carefully running her hand on it before completely grabbing it away from the girl.


"How about you work me?" Yujin smirked before kissing Wonyoung passionately.


Yup, let's skip the part after that.


Yujin, along with the team, arrived in the location at 11 in the evening. The guards weren't all alerted during those hours especially after the announced increase of threats on the president. Most of them were assisting him and were sent to be personal guards.


"2 guards were on the entrance, armed with big guns. Also, 8 more were on the hallways, 10 more inside and the painting's in the middle of a room full of lasers." Chaewon stated as she looked on her laptop screen, viewing the whole vicinity of the museum after jamming their security cameras.


"Are we safe to enter?" Yujin asked on her earpiece. She's on position, ducking outside the main gate.


With her in all black, the guards would find it hard to see her at night. Wonyoung's infront of her on the other side of the gate with Yena (their 'action man' with Yujin), to kick asses while Wonyoung hacks their system.


"Are you in position?" Chaewon asked and the three replied with affirmatives.


"Okay. Get close in 3, 2, 1! Go!" Chaewon signed and on cue, Yujin entered first, silently snapping necks and kicking heads.


"We're in." Yujin stated to Chaewon as soon as they set foot in the museum, unharmed with no sweat.


"That's fast." Chaewon complimented and Yujin just cockily smirked.


"Okay, Wonyoung-ah, the code is 011520. I repeat, 011520. Also, Yujin-ah, your shoes are too loud, stop making an entrance."


"These are new kicks." Yujin exclaimed. She sighed as Chaewon became silent.


"Time to grab some painting. Let's go!"


They made it to the room, putting the toys in use as the security finally used their guns on them. It wasn't a bloodshed, Yujin knew she can't fathom killing all of them.


She still have sympathy flowing in her veins. She made sure she hit them on either their bulletproof vests or at their radios, if they're not wearing any.


The iron doors were locked anyways so the soldiers couldn't enter while they work their way into the painting. Now, the lasers are really scary but thanks to Chaewon's geek gadgets, it was turned off before it could touch their hairs.


Yujin approached the painting closely, taking her time. It still looked sad. It turns even more depressing the more she looks at it.


"Yujin, the guards are trying to open the gates. Grab that and go away safe." Chaewon stated on the radio and Yujin blinked her eyes, regaining her composure.


It was like she was on daze seeing the painting in person. The wave of familiarity is too hard to ignore but she have no time to spare.


"Copy." She replied before grabbing the painting away from where it was, passing it to Wonyoung.


"You're more careful than me." Yujin insisted and Wonyoung just nodded. They were almost outside of the museum with Yujin on lead. Unfortunately, Yujin didn't notice the small hole into the ground and before anyone could grab her, she was already falling into the ground.


"YUJIN-AH!"


"OUCH!"


Yujin landed with a loud thud, her head is aching and her body felt like it just skydived. She held her head with both of her hands, closing her eyes in pain.


"Ugh ! Why does this always happen to me?" She hissed as she rubbed her head, opening her eyes to look for the way out of this hell hole.


Only to see a marble ceiling, covering the hole that was supposed to be there.


"What theㅡ"


"On the name of the king, we are demanding you to raise your hands and rest it on your head or we wouldn't have any choice but to pin you down with arrows."


A yell boomed in the hallways and Yujin stood up, looking at the approaching strangers with their horses.


"Horses? Swords? Arrows? Don't you have any gunsㅡ" Before Yujin could finish her sentence, an arrow was sent flying into her chest, hitting it straight.


She stumbled into the floor before looking at the arrow pinned on her body.


"Y-You killed me!" She exclaimed as she looked at her chest. Only to realize that she isn't dead, all thanks to the radio control placed in it.


What a lucky human being Yujin is.


"OH MY GOD! I'M ALIVE!" She stood up excitedly before immediately pointing her gun into each and one of the swordsmen.


"Now, that arrow wouldn't kill me but my gun would certainly kill you." Yujin spoke slowly and pointed the gun to each and one of their heads.


"On the name of the king, we command you to surrender for blood to be saved." Yujin raised a brow at the one who kept on yelling the same intro before pointing the gun on him.


"Then let there be bloodshed." Yujin stated as she grabbed another gun, now holding one on each hand.


"What armory is that?" Yujin heard the same guy riding a black horse ask to his comrade.


"It's nothing compared to what we have sir."


Yujin scoffed at the obvious lie.


"I don't know what's with all of this medieval cosplay but these guns would be splitting your brains in half. Wanna see?" Yujin taunted before shooting one of the men in the leg, sending him groaning on the floor.


And Yujin took this as a cue to run furiously in the middle of the panic.


"CATCH HER! DON'T LET THAT RAIDER GET INTO THE CASTLE!"


And that's how the chasing party happened. Yujin doesn't know where she is and why there seems like walls everywhere but she have to get back to the team or else she'll surely wouldn't survive.


Approximately 20 men were going after her, 2 were with horses and she's here with 2 guns. She can kill each and every one of them if she have all the bullets she needed, but sadly, there are only 4 bullets left on each gun.


"THERE SHE IS!"


Yujin looked back and ran even faster as she saw the men following her. She took a turn into an alley and climbed a shorter wall, not forgetting to stuck her tongue out to the guards who can't seem to do what she just did.


That's an exclusive skill.


When Yujin finally set foot into the other side of the wall, she took her time looking around and oh boy.


"Since when did Korea have castles and renaissance corsets?" Yujin asked as she looked around.


It was too different. There were no tall buildings, no lights, no cars. Instead, there were wooden houses, horses everywhere, a well in the middle of the circular neighborhood and a castle on the edge of the mountains.


"Just where the heck am I?" Yujin muttered to herself silently. She's internally panicking. Being lost is not something she had dealt with for so many times before. She can't stay in here, she have to get back to the team, to Wonyoung.


She ran a hand to her chest in search for the only thing that would let the team know where she was, only to realize that her radio was broken by that godforsaken arrow.


Yujin groaned as she looked around, trying to act subtle. But how can't she be noticed when she's using a black leather jacket and ripped jeans paired with her new black boots? And don't get her started with the guns on her hands.


Everyone was looking at her and she had always liked the attention but now's not the right time.


Yujin ran into what seems like the market. They sell fruits and raw meat in here instead of crepés and yogurts.


Yujin was never this disappointed her whole life.


"SHE'S THERE!" Yujin looked back and saw the same men going after her.


"FCK IT!" Guess the chasing's still not done.


But also, there would be no chasing. When Yujin turned to look infront, she felt the sharp metal of a sword on her neck.


"On the name of the king, you'll be punished under the law." The guy stated and Yujin gulped. If these medieval cosplayers acts like medieval people, then she'll surely be killed as a punishment.


"What's happening here, General?" A soft voice called out and Yujin looked at the approaching lady in white renaissance dress with a flower crown on her head. To all the women here, she looks the best on that cosplay.


And Yujin was thankful enough she could spare some time seeing an angel before she dies.


To her surprise, the men and almost everyone on the place bowed down to the woman and by now, it's only her that's left standing.


"Bow down, peasant." The same sword man who mercilessly attacked Yujin commanded. But the girl scoffed.


"I never bow to anyone." Yujin stubbornly held her place. She watched as the girl got down from her horse and walked at her closely.


Yujin gulped but kept her place. She was a one stubborn woman, that would never change.


"And who is this raider?" The woman asked, holding Yujin's face with a hand. The young girl stepped back, pulling her face away from the soft touch.


"She's a foreigner, your highness. Probably a spy sent here by the Chinese." Yujin scoffed in disbelief at that.


"Do I look like Chinese to you?" Yujin asked as she looked back to the said 'your highness'.


"Look, I don't know where am I or what's happening but I am An Yujin, I am 18 years old, I live in Seoul, South Korea and I really need to get home so can you please tell your..... guards to stop chasing me?" Yujin paused at the guards, not knowing if that's the right thing to say.


At this point, she doesn't care if she's going to jail after carelessly throwing off her identity like that but jail sounds better than here! People are stuck in this medieval and renaissance cosplay and alternate reality and it's making her uncomfortable (and creeped out).


"You heard it yourself, your highness. She's from somewhere that is not even included in our map. She must be a raider from the other small kingdoms in the south."


Yujin gaped. What kingdoms are these high people talking about? There's no more kingdom in Korea anymore. It was all gone. It was replaced with tall buildings with cool lights and performing robots.


"Are you Europeans? But you speak totally understandable Korean though. And you look Asians." Yujin muttered and just surrendered. This doesn't make any sense.


"I'm Kim Minjoo. I'm King Junhui's daughter and you're in our kingdom at Gaya." The girl, Minjoo, explained to Yujin.


The girl blinked and laughed, earning glares from the soldiers and a confused face from Minjoo.


"Are you for real? Gaya? You mean that iron kingdom of the 15th century? You all are high." Yujin laughed loudly before stopping when she noticed everyone's looks at her.


She cleared and regained her composure. If these people are this high then she'll play along. Just to be out of this hellhole.


"I'm not a raider nor a foreigner. I'm An Yujin from the Kingdom of Seoul. That's located on the bottom of the seas, that's why your map doesn't know where it's found."


It looked like it worked since the guards were now murmuring to each other about it and Minjoo's looking at her with unreadable eyes and a blank face.


"How can you prove your identity?" The said General asked and Yujin stopped herself from laughing at the thought in her head.


"I have a weapon that came from megaloddon's teeth. That's why when I pulled the trigger, it ripped through one of your guy's leg. Seriously man, this could kill you." Yujin insisted as she raised both of her guns, earning gasps from the people around them.


'Yeah, that's right. Get scared of my TAURUS.' Yujin thought.


The girl was just looking back with the same plain face and Yujin thought about how familiar this girl looked like. She just can't pinpoint where she saw her yet.


"State your position." Minjoo demanded and Yujin tilted her head in confusion.


'State my position? Isn't that what the student council presidents says when she wins? Oh right!' Yujin finally knew what to say and proudly stated her imaginary position.


"I'm An Yujin, Kingdom of Seoul's highest knight. And I command you to respect me." That sounded really cool. And the people thought so too that they all bowed down at her, even the general. Minjoo didn't, probably because she's in a higher position than the said 'highest knight' but who cares? Yujin's having fun.


"Sorry for the inconvenience, your highness. We deeply apologize for the behaviour of my army." The general apologized and Yujin just nodded, never thinking in a million years that her absurd lies would save her from getting killed.


If she's back on Seoul, she'll be gunned down the moment she opened .


"So? Can I go and stay to that castle for a while?" Yujin suggested, pointing the castle at the edge of the mountains. She needed to sleep and eat and rest. She would start looking after her team tomorrow morning. Or who knows, maybe she's just dreaming all of this.


"But the castle's not open for visitors yet, your highness." The general stated and Yujin clicked her tongue in disappointment.


"The highest knights were appointed because of their great skills in battle. I'm sure i'll be able to handle the royal family just fine." She pat the general's back before stealing his horse.


This isn't like her big bike but this would do for now.


"Would you lead me, your highness?" She looked at Minjoo and offered a hand.


The said woman looked at it before riding her own horse, leaving Yujin nodding to herself.


"Of course she'll ride her own horse."


And off they went into the castle.


Which made Yujin's mind blow into pieces. The castle of this medieval cosplayers looked exactly the same as that Gaya Kingdom painting they stole a year ago. Its walls are stone bricks but everything inside were all made up of polished marbles. It's surrounded by water with towers and turrents. The walls are high and there were murder holes everywhere.


It have different servants, all in corsets and don't get Yujin started with all of the knights in armors. If Yujin didn't came from the 21st century where everything's possible, she'll probably believe that this is actually happening.


They all stepped aside as Minjoo and Yujin trudged inside, sparing them looks and glances of confusion.


"Darling, who's this foreigner beside you?" A man, probably in her 30's (that's the maximum age Yujin can think off with how nice this man's skin is) asked and Minjoo stood beside him, eyes kept locked on Yujin.


"She's from the kingdom of Seoul, father. A kingdom underneath the seas that trains skilled knights like her. She wishes to come by and rest in the castle."


Yujin merely nodded as she realized that this man was probably the 'king' of the kingdom. Probably Minjoo's father.


When she looked up, the King's already on his seat, with Minjoo on the velvet chair beside him.


"What's the purpose of your visit." The King commanded and Yujin cleared , sparing some time for herself to be able to think of a proper lie.


"I am from the kingdom underneath the seas, your highness. I'm here in a quest. I need to record everything I see and deliver it to our king. As a knight, I have to make sure every kingdom on top of ours stays intact and our kingdom would try its best to help you."


That was probably the best lie she'd ever told anyone today. She almost sounded like them. It almost sounded real even to herself. It's like have a brain on its own and is suddenly adapting its surrounding.


Yujin can only love herself even more.


"Why do you need to write everything? That's considered as a crime. Spying on our native land is prohibited." The King raised a perfectly defined brow and Yujin sighed.


"I think you're missing the point here, king-sama. If the kingdoms on top of the seas were all gone, the chances of invasion on our own land would be higher too." Yujin was too caught up to this argument.


It just felt nice to argue with a king. It satisfies her superiority complex.


The King and Minjoo discussed about the foreigner silently. Looking into the standing girl in black, they knew something's not ticking right. But there could also be a chance that what she's saying is right. They just have to test her words.


"I heard the invasion on the east. The Chinese were making their moves. I think she's telling the truth." The King stated.


"She said she's the highest knight of their kingdom. I will try my best to set up a battle between her and our guards. We have to make sure that we can count on her words, your highness." Minjoo suggested.


She looked at Yujin and the girl just replied with a cheeky grin.


"For the mean time, i'll be taking my leave with this raider. She looked like she could take a bath." Minjoo stood up from her chair. She have to assist this woman into one of the rooms.


Without a concrete jurisdiction, she'll be treated as a guest. That's a tradition.


Yujin looked at the approaching woman with a big grin.


"Am I finally be able to take my rest now?" she asked to the princess.


"I'll be assisting you to your room. Please stop making unnecessary movements." Minjoo walked on the long halls with Yujin trailing behind her.


"Please stop unnecessary movements nyenyenye~" Yujin mocked silently as she followed the princess with a pout.


When they turned into a corner, Yujin couldn't stop herself from moving. Looking up and down to appreciate the intricate designs on the castle. Minjoo noticed the movements and stopped, looking back at Yujin.


"I thought I made myself clear?" Minjoo spoke. Yujin halted in her steps and looked at the smaller girl, completely towering her.


"But I never agreed on anything." Yujin answered back before walking again, doing exactly what she had been doing a minute ago.


"Besides, i'm just looking at these walls." Yujin paused before touching the said wall, feeling the polished marbles with her bare hands.


"It's beautiful."


Minjoo looked at Yujin and approached her closer, standing beside her and doing the same thing.


"It was decided by the queen."


"Your mother?"


"No." Yujin furrowed her brows on the princess. If she's the princess then the queen must be her mother. That's how it works right? Unless......


"You aren't part of the royal family by blood, are you?" Yujin asked.


Minjoo looked at her and watched her eyes closely. Her mother once said that the eyes are windows to the soul and words are merely the doors of it. You get more thoughts in a single look than a thousand words combined.


And Yujin's eyes are full of curiousity and confusion. No hint of judgement. It's like she doesn't care.


Not like most of the others.


"I was born from King Junhui's mistress. The queen fell ill the moment she knew about the affair." Minjoo stated, walking and waiting for Yujin to trail beside her.


The woman jogged into Minjoo's side, listening to the princess' story.


"My mother is a servant from another kingdom. The King met her in one of his quest and fell right through her beauty."


Yujin nodded. That explains the same beauty Minjoo have. She's really ethereal. She could even surpass the idols Yujin have seen before, back when she's in Seoul.


"Is that really that big of a deal here? I mean, back in Seoul, everyone do that. Divorce is frequent." Yujin shared.


Minjoo was listening and Yujin looked at her before scoffing.


'Yeah. Divorce is probably non-existent here.' Yujin thought before continuing.


"They sign some papers and then they're legally not married anymore."


"As simple as that?" Minjoo asked and Yujin nodded.


"Marriage is a sacred thing. Why do they treat it like that?" Yujin can see Minjoo furrowing her brows and she can't help but chuckle.


"In my country, feelings weren't as sacred as it sounds. You could have a girlfriend just by going on tinder." Yujin continued.


Minjoo just tilted her head.


"Girlfriend? Is that how you call a female lover?" Minjoo looked at Yujin and the girl shrugged.


"Kinda. I mean, girlfriend is fine but most of us have lovers and yet still weren't girlfriends. You know what, let's skip that part, that's highly unhelpful." Yujin threw the topic away on the window the moment Minjoo became so invested in it.


It would only let her reflect into her and Wonyoung's relationship which is really unhealthy for her mental health.


Minjoo only nodded and stopped infront of a room. She opened it slowly and revealed it to Yujin.


"You'll be resting here. Do you have clothes with you?" Minjoo asked to which Yujin shook her head into.


"I'll ask the servants to bring you some but please be present at the dining room after taking a bath. The King would be discussing something with you." Minjoo closed the door and left Yujin all by herself, blinking in confusion.


She doesn't have any idea of what she's gonna do here and what the King might want her to do but she'll be promising herself that she'll be going out of this hellhole soon.


"Now, how will I go back?" Yujin muttered to herself before walking towards the window, looking at the grass-filled places. And look at those walls. It would be impossible for her to climb on that.


"Are those archers?" Yujin squinted her eyes as she looked at a distance, seeing numerous men with their arrows and crossbows. They seems like they're target-practicing.


Which is unlikely. Don't they have guns?


"Just what is this place?" Yujin muttered for the nth time. She just can't get over how detailed this alternate reality was. These people created a masterpiece.


"They're probably part of the game of thrones fandom, eyy, people are crazy." She clicked her tongue before looking back at the door.


As Minjoo promised, a servant brought her some clothes but totally not the one she expected it to be.


"Wait, those are larps, i've seen that at a middle school halloween party." Yujin pointed at the garment with the servant just blinking at her in confusion, looking completely lost.


"Are you seriously gonna let me use a tunic and an archer's larp? Isn't that the one archers use for battles? Don't you have oversized shirts or shirts or whatever that's not leather?"


The servant slowly shook her head and just carefully placed the garments into the couch on the side of the room before leaving, bowing slightly to Yujin.


The girl sighed and approached the clothing. She raised it up and frowned. It's consist of a leather tunic and an archer's vest, also the larp. It looked expensive, the leathers are thick.


"Maybe I can bring this home and sell this in amazon." Yujin shrugged before grabbing the garments and entering the bathroom.


It's spacious and it smells so nice. Like pure lavender flowers were placed in it.


"Holy hell where do they get lavender flowers this many?! Aren't they hard to find?" Yujin exclaimed as she looked at the bath tub that's full of lavender flowers and roses.


These people are taking cosplaying in a very different level.


Yujin's amazed. Now she's wondering what this King would be discussing with her. The extent of what they could do is horrifying so it would be best for her to play along until she already have a plan.


For now, she'll just take a very relaxing bath first.


Approximately 30 minutes after the said bath, Yujin was already fully dressed with the leather vest and the larp. The tunic was too tacky and she wouldn't dare use something that heavy.


She tied her short hair into a ponytail, placing her fringe on the sides of her face. She sighed at the sight.


"Why am I so wonderful?" Yujin shook her head in disbelief when a knock stopped her from checking herself out.


It was the same servant who gave her the clothes. Yujin raised a brow at her and she bowed.


"Princess Minjoo and King Junhui's now waiting for your arrival at the dining area, your highness."


"I'll be going down. Please tell them i'll be there soon." The servant bowed and closed the door, leaving Yujin all by herself.


She grabbed her guns and tucked it on the vest. She took one last look into the mirror before going outside the room.


On the way to the dining room, Yujin enjoyed seeing the servants bow down at her. Her superiority complex is working on full-gear and by the time she arrived on the dining room, her smile's already reaching her ears.


"Hi guys. What's up? I just wanna say how nice your maids are. Super kind, I must say." Yujin rambled as she took the seat beside Minjoo, not minding the gasps from the servants and the look of disapproval from Minjoo.


"That's the queen's seatㅡ" Minjoo muttered, only to be cut of by the king himself.


"It's all good, my daughter. Our guest could sit wherever she wishes."


Yujin smiled at the king widely before looking at Minjoo, wriggling her brows at her teasingly.


Minjoo just nodded softly before eating her food. Yujin looked at the servants and asked for her food, to which they immediately gave to her.


Yujin devoured the food. She didn't even know she was this hungry until she saw the steak served right infront of her.


"You look good in your garment. I reckoned, you had wore it a thousand times before." King Junhui complimented.


Yujin would disagree with all of her heart. She never wore any of this before but the compliment is totally agreeable. She knew she looked good on anything.


"As the highest knight, I conquered so many quests before. Battles with armies and their guns. A really hard life." Yujin lied.


"Guns?" The King asked and Yujin looked away before clearing at the little mistake.


"I mean arrows and spheres. We call them guns back in our kingdom." Yujin corrected. The King nodded before focusing back on his food.


"So, Minjoo-ssi, what's with this archer costume?" Yujin asked. The girl looked at her with a confused face.


"Minjoo-ssi? What's that?" Yujin raised a brow.


"It's a honorific. Don't you use those here?"


"I'd always been called 'your higness' or 'your majesty' before, not with 'ssi' connected after my name." Minjoo explained.



Yujin nodded in understanding. Minjoo's a princess so that is totally valid.


"Are you called like that in your kingdom?" Minjoo asked this time. Yujin shook her head.


"I'm just called by my name. Just Yujin or sometimes, they call me Yujinnie."


Minjoo nodded. She thought that it's probably Yujin's code name. Yujinnie. It's an adorable name for a highest knight that fought battles with armies but maybe there's a reason why she was called like that in the first place.


Minjoo didn't pry any further and just continued with her meal, completely forgetting Yujin's question about the choice of clothing.


"Your majesty, sorry for the interruption but there are invaders on sight 50 meters away from the big gates."


Upon the mention of invaders, Minjoo looked at the king worriedly while he stood up and grabbed his sword.


"Get my horse and make sure there's no invader that would be stepping foot in my land." The King commanded.


The knight nodded before going outside.


"Dear, assist the servants into the dungeon. Make sure everyone's safe." The King stated to Minjoo who did what he asked them to do instantly.


"You're a knight, right?" Yujin blinked her eyes at the question.


"We'll need your help this time." The King looked at Yujin with pleading eyes.


"We only have a numerous count of archers and someone with countless experiences on battles like you would be a big help."


Yujin gulped. Oh god no. Was she supposed to say to the king that she only knows how to shoot with guns and not crossbows?


She isn't even a knight.


"I-I insist on staying here, to protect the princess. Y-Yes, that." Yujin lied. She's just scared. And she was planning on hiding in the dungeon with Minjoo and the servants rather than fighting with other cosplayers (she's not even sure if they're still cosplayers at this point).


The King nodded before going outside the castle, leaving her and Minjoo to assist the servants.


"Let's go. Don't be scared, you're safe." Minjoo grabbed all of the servants and led them to what looked like a basement.


It's a small room and Yujin had always been afraid of one but she have no choice but to go inside with them.


When they were finally cramped inside the small space, they could hear a battle cry outside and a there's a lot of shouting. Yujin widened her eyes in surprise. She thought these people were kidding with the battle stuffs.


'Are they seriously killing each other outside right now?'


She heard one of the female servants cry and Yujin looked at her. Minjoo was shushing her down, holding the servant into her arms tightly.


"Don't be afraid. The kingdom would be safe." Minjoo reassured, looking at Yujin with anxious eyes.


Yujin can't help but furrow her brows. Is she seriously in Gaya? In the time it existed? There's no way a battle could be happening in any part of Korea without choppers and guns.


And she can't hear any.


The servants, which are mostly consists of females, were all looking scared. Minjoo was there to calm them down but when another scream emerged from outside, they started breaking down again.


Yujin cursed. She's actually here.


She actually time-travelled at their time.


"Yujinnie." A soft voice called and Yujin looked at Minjoo. The girl looked like she's gonna cry soon. Her eyes are shaking and she's silently pleading for Yujin to prove the lie she told them about herself.


Yujin gulped before taking a deep breath, calming herself down. She thought about what if it's their team on this situation, what would they do?


They will help.


They would.


And Yujin had decided. She'll worry about the time-travelling fiasco later. For now, she have to make sure these people are safe so that she could ask them about where she is.


She opened the door and went out of the small space, looking at Minjoo with determined eyes.


"Where's the arsenal?"


Minjoo stated the directions as clear as she could and approached Yujin, surprising the girl as she hugged her tightly.


"Please be careful, Yujinnie."


Yujin sighed before nodding. She then closed the door of the dungeon and looked around. Indeed, there's a battle happening approximately 20 meters away from the castle. The invaders were almost inside the big gates.


Yujin knew she have no time to spare and moved into the said arsenal fast. She saw the swords, armors, some crossbrows and fortunately, a load of bow and arrows.


She grabbed a bow and arrow for herself before leaving the castle, sticking in the walls.


She had been in fights before but never with flying arrows and swords. This is really new for her but her body's trained for battle. She was born to be on one. Besides, arrows are easy, she just have to use them like how she uses her guns.


Yujin encountered an enemy faster than she expected. He's wearing an armor and the fastest way to kill an opponent is aiming to their head.


Which is what she did. Yujin grabbed an arrow and aimed it into the enemy's head. When she released it, the arrow moved swiftly with a swish, hitting the enemy on the side of the head instead.


It made him look at the direction of the shot and immediately surged forward the moment he saw Yujin.


"Crap!" Yujin cursed. She threw the useless weapon and stood in a fighting stance.


"Guess we'll do this the hard way." Yujin muttered before throwing a kick into the knight's head.


She jump-kicked him right after, sending him groaning on the ground. Yujin then grabbed his sword and stepped on the man's chest to stop him from moving. With one final punch, the man was lying on the ground, unconscious.


Yujin looked around. The King's right, they're outnumbered and there's only one way to stop all of these people on one shot.


"A grenade."


Yujin looked around and saw a stall on the market with the material she needed : gasoline. She was running into where it lies when 2 arrows were shot on her, both from different directions.


The one behind her hit her at the side of her left cheek while the one upfront managed to leave a cut on her right arm. Now she wished she used the tunic. When she saw another wave of the shots, she immediately ducked down, succesfully killing the two shooters indirectly.


They literally killed each other and she's more than satisfied. Yujin ran into the stall and grabbed the bottle of gasoline before ripping a part of her vest and placing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter