#3. Heart Stop

Beautiful Life

*Taemin PoV*

I close my apartement door behind me and sigh. I took off my jacket and threw it onto my couch. I walk slowly to my room when suddenly my phone rings. I read the caller's ID but I don't recognize it.

"Oppa, are you home?" A familiar voice entered my ears as soon as I picked up.

"Yes. Why?"

"Good! It's Song Eun by the way, but seems you already knew." she said.

Of course I know. Who won't with that ear throbbing voice she had and high pitch that can compete with a bat. Don't get me wrong, tho. I don't hate her. It's just how I can describe her voice.

"Oppa, are you still there???" she repeated. I snapped myself back.

"Ah, yes. Why are you calling me this late at night?"

" I just missed you." She said. I rolled my eyes. I don't want to say anything, slowly just exhale my deep breath.

"Don't you miss me too?"

"Let me think first." I answered with a light laughter so I don't sounds rude.

"Oppa! you always make it hard on me. Why can't we date? Our agency would love it as well as the media too. Lot's of people love seing our interaction in the new year eve music stage." she insist.

"I just not sure it's a good idea..." I don't continue. Suddenly the memories of me meeting a woman at the hospital this morning come to my mind and only thinking about her somehow makes me smile. She was really different from any woman i've ever met. She just don't see me as artist Lee Taemin.

"No, sorry. I mean, it's a very bad idea." I said.

"Why?" she asked.

"We are too busy to date, Song Eun."

I can hear her nagging and disagree with me, but I don't care, I just let her and got busy with my own thoughts.

"Oppa! You don't hear me again, don't you?" She asked me while nagging. I didn't answer.

"Fine, Just go and do whatever your doing now. It's a pointless phone call anyway." Then she angryly hang up the phone.

I put down my phone then go wash up and get ready for sleep. I can't handle my thoughts. It's been a crazy day. First in the morning, I woke up to the police's phone call informing me that my manager hyung is at the hospital. Second, the doctor who took care of him was... the only one I can think of today. Why? Well, not so many people know this, but I can see or let's say predict the future. I also can see people I haven't met before as long as they intrigued with my future. I also can predict other's future. But this woman was different. I didn't see her coming, and the most fun part was, I can't predict anything about her. I can't see her future, even if it intrigued with me, I wouldn't know. This new to me. I don't know if knowing the future is a blessing or a curse, because nothing in the future excites me anymore now. Not until today. The future finally had something to surprise me.

I got out from my bathroom, then enter my room, play music from my phone, lite up aromatic candle besides my bed, then lying while staring at my ceilling. I check the time on my phone screen. It's almost midnight. I was thinking about texting Minna, like I promised her this morning, but not sure if I should do it at this late hour. After thinking for a few moment I decided to just text her. If she's already asleep, she can just replied to me tomorrow. It's not like I will wake her up.

Hello Minna ssi.

I sent it right away and didn't expecting any replies so I put it down while I continue to staring at my ceiling. But then my phone's beeps. It give another surprise that I see Minna's name showed up on my screen. I quickly open her message.

Sorry, but who's this?

 

Right! I didn't introduce myself. Smart Taemin.

Ah! It's Taemin.

You remember?

Breakfast at hospital.

 

O! Yes...

What happened?

 

Nothing..

I fulfilled my promise to text you, didn't I?

Can I talk informally to you?

 

Kkkk... yeah.

We're at the same age, so yes.

 

Anyway

Did I awaken you?

 

No, I'm not sleep yet.

 

Why not?

I just finished my work.

 

O! Are you at the hospital now?

 

No, I'm home.

 

A. that's good

An idea pops into my head. After put it into my second thought, I decided to do it, yet giving me a heart stop for a moment.

I want to ask you something.

May I?

 

Sure, as long as I can answer it.

 

Can we be friend?

I waited for the reply with an uneasy heart. The reply finally arrived after about ten minutes.

Sure, why not?

I'd be happy too.

 

And so that was it. my first time texting Minna and not to mention, the first time for me to wondering about what the future hold for us.