#1. Your Number

Beautiful Life

*Your POV*

" Ya! Are you day dreaming again?" ask Jae In, my co- worker at the Seoul Hospital. I looked at him with a little pout on my face. He's my senior at the emergency departement in Seoul Hospital, where I work at now. We get along really well and he treats me better than in our past life. But he didn't know that. 

I don't tell lots of people that I can see past lifes. In this world, only my family knows it. My parents were also my parents in my past life. But, funny thing is, my older brother now, was my younger brother in my past life. ( Who I love so dearly and protected the most.  Maybe in this life, it's his time to protect me in return. but I didn't tell him this.)

"O, I'm hungry to the point I can't even concentrate on anything." you said. Jae In laugh. 

"Minna ya, come on... cheer up! This is almost seven in the morning, we can have breakfast together after we finished this shift." He said as he smile and poke on my chin. I then just look at him swinging his long leg away. 'Why do I keep falling for this person even in the past?' I thought myself.

I'm about to look at my phone screen to see if what Jae In said was true when the ER door opens and a patient being brought in by some police. I walk quickly towards the patient whose now lying on one of the bed in the ER, looking barely concious. I can smell the strong scent of alcohol from quite afar before I begin to examine him. Two nurses accompany me to put vital monitor on the patient. He is a tall man, with light coloured hair, he died it i supposed, and barely answer any of my question. 

"Please look for his identity first and then contact his family." I told the policeman that brought this patient. He nod and start looking for any ID this man got. I make my way to nurse station and begin to write the resume. 

First, I don't know this person in my past life. Means, we're not closed, or maybe I have never even met him before.

Second, after two hours of waiting, his "guardian" finaly showed up. All covered up with hoodie, hat, glasses and mask. First time I see this "guardian", I can not even tell if this person is a woman or a man, or how old is he / she, because he's too all covered. 'Is this guy some kind of a gangster?' I thought.

"Annyeonghasseyo, my name is Lee Taemin. I got a phone call from the police station, they said my hyung is here." 

" Ah! I'm doctor Kim Min Na. You must be come here to pick up patient Jung... wait..." I stopped, feel confused at that time. The man in front of me look back at me and wait patiently.

"What was your name again?" I ask. 

"Lee... Tae... Min." He answer more slowly. 

"Are you really patient Jung Ji Yeong's brother?"

Taemin laughed at first. I can tell now because he let his guard down as soon as he introduce him self, by take of his mask.

" Well, actually he's my manager." he said. I looking at him more confuse and try to recognize him as someone i might have seen before. He smiled at me, as if he know I will finally recognize him soon. My eyes goes wider as i came to recognize him more. 

"Oh... okay, i will take you to the patient." i said then walk ahead. How can I be so slow? It is Lee Taemin, the Lee Taemin... as one of the most wanted male artist of the year Lee Taemin... wait, okay, I said his name to much by now. 

"I already gave him fluids and some shot for his nauscious, because he was throw up about three times before you arrived. Once he gain his conciousness, you can take him home." I told Taemin. 

" Right, okay." Taemin answer as he nod. I come nearer the patient, wanting to see if he already gain his conciousness. 

" Hwanjabun (patient)... can you open your eyes?'" I asked. The patient doesn't move even a bit.  I turn to Taemin. 

" He's still not awake, you can sit here and wait. But it'll take quite a long time. Or, you can sit at the cafetaria, and we will call you if the patient needs you." 

" Well, I'm not new to that... I can wait for him to wake up." He said. I laugh a little out of his honesty. 

" I will be at the station, just in case..." 

" Okay, thank you doc." He said to me with a smile. One charming, bright, smile, which made me hard to get mad at him, for making my shift got prolonged. Jae In has already got back home and now I'm hungry, sleepy, and alone, because I cannot go home before my patient discharged. I make my way almost out from the bed.

"Ssaem?" Taemin called me once. I turn to see if he needs something. 

" Yes?" 

" Have you eat?" Taemin asked. I got speechless for a moment. He smiles, waiting for an answer. 

"Um....?" 

" Just... would you like to have breakfast with me?" He said it clearly and I almost droped my jaw on the floor.  

" Well... you seems tired,  you just had night shift I supposed? and I'm alone in this hospital, so..." He try to asure me. 

"Ahh... alright then." I answered after a few moment of thinking and regain my alertness.