First Decision

Little Tinkerbell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since that blatant rejection, I try to move on. I did everything to forget about my crush on him. I swear I did. And this competition is one of my escape route. My gateway to escape from reality.

I pour my best into this competition. Lucky for me, I manage to enter the second round. I forget about my feeling for a while. I’m sure. But when they ask about my sketch, I can’t ignore the feeling I try to forget comes like hurricane inside my heart. Once again possessing my head and my heart.

My friends sent us to the airport today. They decide to sleep over last night so they can send us today. And now, we currently inside the plane, trying to get some sleep.

Did I mention that it’s going to be the two of us only for the entire week?

Because one, my brother exactly can’t join me freely with his university life. Second, my parents still have things to finish before taking long holiday to accompany me. So it leaves Sehun as best answer for the third reason, he claims he has free time and because school is not going to start before next week.

It’s okay. I can spend a week with Sehun alone. I can do it smoothly.

I just need to pretend that nothing happen, nothing change between us, especially my feeling toward him. For two years, I can cover it perfectly. So, why can’t I do the similar thing for a week?

After he goes back home, I have three weeks to mend my broken heart. I’m so optimist, I will forget this feeling in three weeks anyway. Actually, moving on from something is my specialty. I can hold grudge, but I can be professional, acting like nothing happen in the next second. I told you I tend to forgetful, right? So, forgetting someone –furthermore for a mere feeling— is easy peasy.

“You haven’t slept yet?”

Sehun asks with his hoarse voice, successfully pulling me out from my thought. His voice thick with sleepiness.

“You can’t sleep?”

I nod.

How can I sleep when my heart is beating crazily? With you next to me, sleeping soundlessly and suddenly acting like this is not helping me at all. I’m not sure if I can get sleep anytime soon.

He pulls me closer to him. Placing his arm under my head, he brings my face to face his chest. He is fixing my blanket, adjusting my pillow just right.

“Are you nervous?”

Part of it, is right. I’m nervous. For the competition –and you.

He pulls me closer to his body. He cuddles me into his arms with his hand constantly my hair. This is so calming. I always like how he can calm me so easily. His touch gives me security that no one ever gave me before –beside my parents and my brother, of course.

I like his soothing smell. His cologne and his natural smell. It’s calming. How can I forget this feeling if you always being so good to me, Sehun? Such a mission impossible to forget about you. Can I just like you and you like me too?

This is so .

When I hear people said girl and boy can never be just friend, I scoff at them. Telling them that we are good example because we are perfectly fine as best friend. But as the time passed, I think I got what they mean by that.

Because love comes the least you ever expect it. With you, it’s impossible not to fall in love. I guess this is karma. A karma because I never heard their words. Because I mock on their words.

“What are you thinking about so deeply?”

You. I’m thinking about you. But instead of answering that, I say, “Nothing.” Although I know he is not going to believe me. He will not push me to answer. This is just so him.

He continues to rub my hair gently.

“I always love your hair. You have the most beautiful hair in the world, I can say. And it’s somehow calming me whenever I touch your hair.” I can feel him smiling. “I’m so proud of you, Sae. Whatever you are thinking now, you can always tell me. It’s okay if you are not going to tell me now but whatever it is, don’t let it get you. You need full focus on your competition. This is one of your dream and you are on the way to reach it. Don’t let anything affecting you.”

After hearing those encouraging words from him, I almost let everything out. I want to let him know about my feeling, almost. But no. I’m such a coward. Instead of telling him the truth, I hid my face even deeper in his chest. I hug him tightly as sleep starts to slip in my system.

When I open my eyes, I see two beautiful eyes staring back at me. He beams in happiness. His smile is brightening up my day instantly.

“Hello sleepyhead. Finally. Just about the time you wake up.”

He greets me. His voice is sweet like honey. Oh, combination between drowsiness and Sehun never good for my weak heart.

“We are going to land in forty minutes. Come and stuff your stomach with this first before we land. I know you must be hungry. Even though you didn’t like foods here, I think bread and hot chocolate is safe enough, right?”

With half lid eyes, I see him preparing light me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter