First Reaction

Little Tinkerbell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first time I realized I saw him differently, I freaked out. I avoid him as best as I can. I walk to school earlier than before or almost at time –just to walk alone. When the school is almost over, I quickly put my belonging inside my bag and when the bell rings, I will rush out to the door, just so I can go home by myself.

Even at school, I try to avoid him. I try to get myself even busier than ever. I went to library at first break. I even come to my brother, spending lunch with him and his friends. I don’t care although I’m just 8th grader and currently eating lunch with high school students.

Our school is from one foundation. Middle school and high school only divide by only the buildings. High school is just a bit bigger than middle school. And it separates only by this yard, usually baseball team used it for practice.

Our cafeteria is just so huge because high school students and middle school students are eating in this place. While middle school’s cafeteria is on the south side because our building on the south side, the high school is on the north side. It divides by a space that connect the corridor leading hallways, where it leads to the direction each building.

It means, students have to walk far enough just to eat. I don’t mind walking longer beside it just not only me a middle school student who eat with high school students. Some of middle school students are there as well, so do with high school students who will eat on our cafeteria.

I don’t feel awkward, not at all. Besides the constant annoying tease my brother throw for me, I’m fine. I know his friends since forever so I’m comfortable. I have Suho oppa and Lay oppa as my backup. They will scold Chanyeol oppa for teasing me. And I get Xiumin oppa also Chen oppa for revenge. Also Baekhyun oppa as my partner in crime. Overall, I have the whole gang on my back. They are my parents’ friends’ children. And they live near us. So, basically, I grow up with them too.

What can I do? They adore me more. Simply because for them, I’m always be the innocent one. And I’m the youngest. Suho oppa or sometimes I called him Joonma –because he is always act like mother— is an only child.

Xiumin oppa, his real name is Minseok but he prefers Xiumin, saying that it sound cool –whatever— has 2 older brothers. His toward his second brother is huge enough, I met his brothers before but not that close. His first older brother married with 3 kids already, currently at Japan now and the second older brother also married man with 2 kids. It’s inside joke that Xiumin oppa is unplanned because his father was just careless that time and when finally accident happened —his mother got pregnant, actually they want it to be a girl instead. We have his childhood photo with girl’s dress once because his mother just want a girl. Even so, his family loves him so much.

Yixing oppa or Lay oppa is the cutest and the gentlest among them. If I have this chance to exchange brothers, I will get Yixing oppa or Suho oppa, absolutely. Because one, they are always buy me something, especially on my birthday. Oh! They also buy me ice cream and sweets. Different with my stingy brother, they will pay for whatever I want. Yixing oppa is a Chinese, but his family is in Korea since he is five. He has an older brother who is currently in China now, studying in university now.

Chen oppa or Jongdae oppa is half Korean, half Chinese. He is good at singing, and history. He has 2 older sisters who are married already. His first sister is staying in Brazil with her Brazilian husband. She rarely came back to Korea but I met her once. She has cutest twin ever. And the second sister is living in Australia. She has 2 boys and a girl. I met her every Christmas eve because usually our family will have this gathering.

Lastly, Baekhyun oppa. I’m the closest with him compare to the other oppadeul. He is cool but soooo mischievous. Sometime if not with Sehun, I spend my time with him too. He basically my second brother. He will always on my side when my brother bully me and we will brainstorming for a revenge for my brother. But when my brother and I fight, he always be the neutral one, he will be the peacemaker. He has older brother who lived in Jeju, already married and has 2 cuties, a boy and a girl.

“Eat more, piglet.” My brother says. He just not dump the whole carrots in my plate, right?! Ugh. I hate him. I hate him more when he taps on my head as if I’m a little kid. I hate carrot and he knows it. He just make fun of me, I know.

He is eyeing me innocently. His big innocent eyes, I want to choke him. Thankfully I love him enough not to kill him.

“Oppa! Why did you dump your carrots on me?!” I whine. The whole table “aww-ing” in chorus. “And if I’m piglet, it makes you pig! You old stingy pig. Take it back.” I push the carrots back to his plate but the little devil decide to put it back to my plate. We are in this situation for a minute before someone takes the carrot from my plate.

It’s Baekhyun oppa. Suddenly I see him glowing in the purest light. I see him spreading wings with glowing ring on top of his head.

“You are my angel, oppa. Really. Can you be my brother instead? Adopt me to Byun family if you won’t be a Park.”

“Ya!” My brother push my head.

“Ya!” I glare on him.

“Ya.” My brother’s head move forward, Xiumin oppa just smacks my older brother’s head. I grin, satisfy for my revenge. See? One of them always ready to have revenge for me. “Let her eat peacefully, you punk.”

“Hurry up, baby girl. Eat a lot.” Yixing oppa says while putting sausages on my plate. Ah~ another angel!

“It’s been three days already you eat with us. Not that we are complaining or anything but why? We didn’t even see Sehun as much. You two are fighting?” Chen oppa decides to ruin the peace. At the mention of his name, suddenly a rice stuck on my throat. I fall in fit cough. I didn’t expect them to ask at this moment. I know they will ask but not when I eat. It takes me surprise.

My brother keeps on tapping my back.

“Aigoo. You piglet. Can’t you eat like a lady? You totally ruining my dream of a girl.”

I elbow him in full power. He scoots away from me, hissing in pain while laughing. Oh! He is so annoying. I swear to God. He is really truly annoying little –big— pig.  

When I start to calm down, they decide to continue this topic.

“So? What happen with you two? You two always look like glue and envelope. Glue to hip.” Baekhyun oppa asks once again.

“Well, nothing happen. Just…” –Just I suddenly realize I start to see him in different light. And it freaks me out. But I can’t say it loudly and casually, okay? “Just… I miss spending time with you guys. I’ve been spending a lot of my time with my friends lately until I forget my brothers. Although I clearly happy to forget one specific person in this circle.”

Everyone chuckles. While my brother rolls his eyes. “I will disown you for real, piglet.”

“Don’t worry, I will adopt you if you are being disowned by him.” Baekhyun oppa winks on me. But Chanyeol oppa pushes his face, almost making the poor boy stumbles backward. Baekhyun oppa shrieks, his eyes widen. It’s so funny. I laugh with everyone while the later pouting. Awww, isn’t he so adorable?

“You are so adorable, oppa!”

“Am I?” He manages to wink once again and then my brother stands up from his seat, giving head lock on the poor boy.

“Ergh. Stop winking on my little sister, you moron!” He looks at me. “Go back to your building, piglet. The bell is almost ringing. Come on!” And he looks back to the poor Baekhyun oppa in his arm. “And you, clean my tray and my sister’s tray. I will walk her back.”

Baekhyun oppa starts to protest. “You lazy ! You do it on purpose.”

My brother smiles wickedly. “I do. C’mon piglet.”

He slings his arm around my neck. Sometime he places it on my head. The nerve of this giant. I jab on his tummy every time he puts his arm on my head. Doesn’t he know that his arm weight tons?! He just laugh it out and bring his arm back around my neck.

“You need to tell me something, piglet? About you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter