Episode 2

Love Notes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Hannah savoured her first day of school, she got to know her classmates, though it is out of commission for her to recognize and remember all of them at once but she is confident of having the ability to eventually distinguish their faces. She learned to harmonize with the school cultures as she attained the diversities from Hailey’s old private school back in England.

As the evening wore, Hannah who was unaware of what is happening, jolted as the school bell rang. Yeri playfully smacks her shoulder, hustling her to meet the boys at the school gate together. As the two come into view with the boys outside the school, Yeri gleefully wave her hand on their way approaching them. Five of them walk together, Sehun and Jaehyun at the back, while the other three walking side by side with Yeri holding hands with Hannah.

Kim Hannah is living her dream; having friends, walking home as an official student, wearing a school uniform and having casual conversations with friends at her age. Hannah holds onto Yeri’s hand slightly tighter, refusing to let the moment pass, smiling graciously while listening to her friends’ chatting. She never had any friendship with anyone other than her twin sister. She can finally cherish her short life.

"You don't talk a lot, do you, Hannah?" Jaehyun buzzed, snapping Hannah out of her thoughts.

The said girl has been reserving her words since their first encounter. All of the hours she spent on her first day of school, the thought of ignoring or being rude to her friends, never crossed her mind, as Hannah is still adjusting to the surrounding; a situation where she meets new people, trying to fit in among them.

Sehun, on the other hand, the only person to be so quiet, not even his breath could be heard. Hannah learned another thing about that boy; other than being rude, he is also a quiet person, his demeanor alone could scare a cat away. Hannah rolls her eyes, aggravated with his stoic face expression. Not to mention how he looks at her, his character somehow quite intriguing, makes her want to know what else is there, beneath his rude personality. His friends seem to be fond of him, triggers her curiosity of the impeccable basis of him having so many friends.

Lucas, who was chatting with her sister, plonks his arm onto Hannah’s shoulder, grinning, “Hannah is a very shy girl, well, that’s what I heard from her twin sister of course.”

“Where is she now? Your twin sister, why isn’t she with you?” Sehun interrupt.

Hannah lowers her head, weakly smiles, “she’s uh.. she’s in heaven.”

The breeze blow their faces, a moment of silence, Sehun immediately feels remorseful for inquiring such insensitive question. Lucas slowly withdrawing his arm.

“I-I’m sorry for your loss. I didn’t mean to-uh..” Sehun offered his compensation, his hands already fidgeting, uneasy with the awkwardness.

The boy was very rude to the new girl from the first their eyes met, and yet, he carelessly asked the girl of her twin sister’s whereabout. It would be great if he becomes invisible, he observes the girl from the back, wonders what was her sentiment towards him for being offensively impolite.

Hannah turns her head to the back, surprisingly grinning, “I’m fine, oppa. Don’t worry about it!”

Their steps leading them to Hannah’s house, catching her off guard. She wonders if sending her home was part of their plan or coincidentally they are taking the same path. Obviously from what Hannah sees, they were not planning to send her home but they are all heading to their homes using the same path. Hannah silently sighs thanking herself for not asking them or she will be embarrassed by herself. Her friends are in awe, seeing her fancy looking house, asking her how many are her household members. Despite coming from a wealthy family, Hannah is a very humble person, taking after her parents’ respectful personality.

"You're home!" Hee Ae greeted as she hugged her daughter's petite figure.

The teenagers bow, each gives the best smile, exchange greetings with the older woman, immediately recognize her as Hannah’s mother.

Hannah smiles, pointing her finger towards her friends one by one, "mom, these are my friends. Sehun oppa, Jaehyun oppa, Lucas oppa and you remember Yeri, right? She was a friend of Hailey’s."

"Goodness, what a small world. Long time no see, Yeri and Lucas. How are you doing?"

"We're doing good, Mrs. Kim. How are you and Mr. Kim?" Yeri replied while shaking hands with the older woman.

"We're doing great so far, we are still adjusting around here and it’s very awkward but we’ll manage. However, nice to meet all of you. No wonder Hannah texted me not to pick her up. She planned on going home with you guys, I see."

Hannah did text her mother not to pick her up from school as she was planning to walk home by herself, refusing to trouble her mother and to be more self reliant. Far from her expectations to be standing in front of her house with a bunch of friends. Hee Ae invited Hannah’s friends for a tea. Unfortunately they all have to go home. They promised the woman to come and have a meal with an early invitation precisely. Hee Ae thank the kids for taking care of her daughter before they left home. Hannah waves her hand enthusiastically until they disappear from her sight.

She has a beautiful smile,' Hee Ae thought to herself while watching her daughter smiling and waving so eagerly.

"I bet you had a wonderful day today," Hee Ae teased as they step into the house.

Hannah chuckles, nodding vigorously agreeing with her mother's assumption. She did have a great day despite the argument between her and Sehun which she meant to keep it to herself. She already dislikes Sehun but she knew he is a nice person and an irritating person will not give her a wreckage as a student. Hee Ae could not wait for her husband to be home. It has been a while since she saw her beloved daughter looked so happy. It was like seeing Hailey laughing along with Hannah.

The same night, they had dinner together serving rice with meat, prawns and vegetable soup. Hee Ae began the conversation telling her husband how much Hannah smiled and laughed a lot throughout the day. Ricky who was tired from working, enjoyed listening to their daughter's big day, felt proud hearing every word from his wife. He did not regret his decision of registering Hannah to school, instead, he is satisfied with everything that happened, silently praying for his daughter to shine and bloom more in the future. As soon as the dinner ended, Hannah excused herself to leave the dining hall.

 

 

Hannah lays flat on her bed, staring on the bedroom ceiling against her comfy mattress. A smile slowly emerges on her beautiful face, reminiscing her day at school. Although the day was not really much of a big deal, she cherish the moments, craving for more.

She spreads her arms apart, shutting her eyes, tries to visualize her future inside her mind. Her chest rises up and down, breathing casually and relaxed. While listening to her own heart beats, a sudden vibrate alarmed her, the sound coming from her phone, shot her eyes open. She reaches her arms out, grabbing her phone under the pillow, unlocking it. A new notification from a chatting app; 'Kim Yeri added you into group Bestfriends Forever'. She opens the group chat, there are five members in the group including herself, Yeri, Jaehyun, Lucas and Sehun.

 

 

 

Yeri : Welcome Hannah!

Lucas : Hi Hannah! Welcome to the club!

Jaehyun : Hi Hannah

 

Hi guys

Thank you for inviting me

 

 

Yeri : Your welcome bestfriend!

Lucas : Hannah, let's walk together to school tomorrow

Yeri : Yeah, walk with us!

We'll pick you up

Sehun : Be late, we'll leave you

Yeri : Eyy, you haven't welcomed her yet, oppa

Jaehyun : Yup, be nice Sehun

Sehun : Whatever

 

It's okay guys. I don't mind.

Okay I'll wait for you guys in front of my house.

 

 

 

Yeri : Okay! See you tomorrow!

Lucas : Don't mind Sehun

He's always mean but he is very kind

See you tomorrow Hannah!

Okay oppa. I wont

 

 

Sehun : Don't forget to bring your own sweater

I want mine back

Hahaha. I will oppa

Don't worry

 

 

Sehun : I'm not

I just want my sweater back

Jaehyun : I thought you have a spare

Yeri : What a stingy

Lucas : LOL SEHUN.

Sehun : It's still my sweater

Lend her yours next time, Yeri

Shut up @Lucas. We have practice tomorrow. Don't forget @Jaehyun

 

Hahaha see you guys tomorrow

 

Jaehyun : Okay captain!

Lucas : Yeah yeah, okay captain

 

 

 

Subsequently after two weeks since Hannah goes to the school, fourteen days of joy, she walks with her friends to school and back home together side by side every single day, hanging out during recess, getting to know each other. A daily routine to Hannah as she will wake up early in the morning, get ready for school, have breakfast with both of her parents, bid their goodbyes, wait for her friends to pick her up and walk along to school and fourteen days of impatiently waiting for her friends to show up, excitements bubbling inside, urging to be in class. Being home-schooled for almost her entire life was nothing compared to going to real school, she is able to make friends, ask the teachers with different opinions and able to do mild school activities.

For the first time in her lifetime, Hannah has not thought of her late twin sister, for the past fourteen days, her twin sister has been absence from her conscience. Hannah missed her inner dialogues with herself, chatting with her sister, although, it is not a bad thing for her to lose as she is improving in terms of mental and physical. Having silent monologues are unhealthy per to her doctor's advice, it might pull her into a depression if she let herself wandering wild in her erratic thoughts.

Hannah has already returned Sehun's sweater on the day she promised to return it, she brought her own sweater everyday, minding her needs. She thanked the boy for lending the sweater, his tiny transparent smile did not appear unnoticed by her friends, but were keeping themselves in silence to avoid any sort of annoyance from his point of view.

Kwon Yuri, Hannah and Yeri's homeroom teacher praised Hannah for having such an advancing knowledge, a home-schooled girl unexpectedly to have great abilities in academic. The teacher knows a lot about Hannah's health condition by Mrs. Kim's information, promised to keep an eye on the girl, hoping for her to be stronger than she already was.

'The Bestfriends Forever'; Yeri, Lucas, Jaehyun, Sehun and Hannah herself have gotten closer in just three days especially Yeri who always keep Hannah close to her, encouraging her to fit in. Hannah is grateful for having such great friends, disregarding Sehun in the group, he barely looked at her. Whenever he talks, he only talks anything not more than ten words. Hannah feels bad for her ill heart towards the boy; slightly disliking the him for being too over the top kind of person. She saw how he treated his friends, even his team mates and classmates, he was gentle, kind and friendly to them but in contradictory to her, he was being cold to her as if he disliked her first to the guts. There were a few times Hannah made an attempt to initiate conversations with him in defiance of knowing he would ignore her, treating her invisible. The boy is an annoyance for her.

The five friends spend their daily recess hours at the school gymnasium together as the girls be watching the boys practice basketball for a school tournament in the a few weeks. The boys somehow impressed Hannah, depite being popular in school, they are very good in basketball with Sehun leading the team, Hannah believes thee credibility of their team to win. She feels proud, having talented, handsome, intelligent friends like them.

Present-day, the calendar marks the third week of Hannah being a school girl. Indeed, Hannah counts the days. Hannah kept tapping her feet, impatiently waiting for her friends to arrive. It has only been five minutes of waiting, she is already being eager. Huff and puff, Hannah sighs, wondering their whereabouts. Promptly, her father's car coming out to leave for work.

The glass rolls down, exposing her father, smiling to her, "are you sure you don't want me to drop you off, sweetheart? I see your friends are still missing."

Hannah shakes her head, strictly explaining her interest of waiting for her friends. Speaking of the devil, just in time before her father step on the gas, her friends arrive. They exchange greetings with Mr. Kim, apologizing for being late.

"I almost insist on sending Hannah off to school just now. Good thing you are here, Hannah has been so impatient to wait on you guys," The man conveyed, his hand hanging outside of the car.

The teens are chuckling, sheepishly smile and some rub the back of their necks, waiting for the man to finish, reverence to the older man. The older man almost offer them a ride to school as they are going to be late, however immediately dismissing his intention after cognizing the room in his car will not fit all five of them. The distance from Hannah's house takes only 7 minutes away. With that, Ricky leaves for work as he fears he might be late.

 

 

 

Hannah takes her seat as she sets her bag on the chair, leaning against it. The class is still not full but most of the students were already been seated. Without warning, a female student came to her, smacking the table, surprising the other students. She is tall, hair tied in a ponytail style, wearing black earings, she has a beautiful feature but at the same time looking smug, perhaps it is because of her current nasty mood towards Hannah.

"Who do you think you are? This is my place! Get lost!" The angry girl bawled in terrifying expression.

"Ms. Kwon asked her to sit here, Joy. You have been moved to the back," Yeri intervened, arms on her waist, glaring at the girl in front of her.

Joy sniggers, "do I look like I care? off, new girl. This is my place!" Her eyes still glaring the new girl.

"Your place is at the back, Park Joy. She is new, I want to be able to communicate with her easily. Plus, you have been away a lot for your cheerleading activity, am I right?" the homeroom teacher, Kwon Yuri walked into the class, dominating the argument.

Joy scowls, rolling her eyes in annoyance, having the urge to smack someone on their head. Joy is known for her beauty, cheerleading talent and great temper. Even her ex boyfriend feared of her, careful not to tick her off.

"Ah, you two. See me after class. I want to discuss on your dropping grades. Don't be late if you don't want any trouble," the teacher added, pointing her finger to Joy and her cheerleading partner, Sinb.

The teacher used to support Joy and Sinb to stay active in their cheerleading activities, especially tournaments between schools. Be that as it may, the girls' academic performance dropped per se. As much to her dismay, Joy and Sinb kept joing the tournaments, ignoring their academic works which led to dropping grades. A month ago, the two cheerleaders got back from a cheerleading tournament in Busan, instead of taking a break, the two joined another tournament recently in Thailand. The participations of the team players are not compulsory, thr individuals may commit oneself to not join the cheerleading activities per to the school's permission.

Joy rolls her eyes tempting to argue more but before she could open , Ms. Kwon dismisses her with class announcements. Hannah on the other hand, remained silent, afraid and worried, her head lowers as she felt guilty to the said girl for 'stealing' her desk. She was a new girl, what right did she have to take over the desk?

 

 

 

 

It is high time for a recess, as usual, Hannah and Yeri are going to the basketball court to watch their boys practice while eating their lunch. Hannah takes out her lunch bag, approaching Yeri's desk, "Yeri, can you take my lunch with you? I want to go to the toilet first."

"Okay, I'll go on ahead and see you there!" Yeri announced, taking the bag from Hannah's grasp, stands up to move her feet. Both Yeri and Hannah take different paths; Yeri heading to the basketball court whilst Hannah heads to the toilet.

Unknowingly, aside from being all by herself, Hannah is being followed by silet footsteps as she thought they are going to the toilet as well. Hannah acts normal, stepping into the toilet stall, doing her business. As soon as she is done, she opens the door, slightly stunned by the figures standing in front of her. The two girls are taller than her, having smug face expression, looking fierce and intimidating. Her bulging eyes, stuck onto the tallest girl, Joy, blood suddenly rushing through her body. The other one, Sinb glaring at her like an eagle.

"Well, well. Isn't this lovely, SinB? The new girl is here. Alone," the tallest one smirked as she verbalized the view in front of her. "Oh yeah, she was the one who took your spot im class. Man, what a , hogging Ms. Kwon's attention like that."

Joy brings her face close to Hannah's, emotionally threatening her. Hannah dare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter