Chapter III

Night Pleas

Heey, I'm back hehe. I hope you are doing good. Well, here's chapter 3, I hope there aren't too many typos lol. Enjoy!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

Miyeon lay on the couch staring at the ceiling. She took her phone in her hands and checked again.

“08:09” she whispered.

She couldn’t believe herself. She had fallen asleep! Why, out of all the nights, it had to be that one? Everything was going well, the girls had tried to wake her up so she could rest in one of the rooms, but she had growled in her “sleep” as a protest and her friends decided to let her rest.

“Come on Yuqi-ah, that means you are coming with me” Soyeon sounded very calm about it, Miyeon knew just how red the younger girl was looking in that very moment.

“Ri-right” Yuqi followed Soyeon’s steps, moving away from Miyeon’s sleeping figure, not before whispering at the brunette “Tomorrow I’ll kill you… If I survive”

Of course, Miyeon knew Yuqi was just kidding and the “sleeping beauty” had to restrict herself from smiling hard. She wanted to hug the dark-haired girl and tell her that everything would be ok.

But, right now, all Miyeon felt was frustration. She must have fallen asleep at some point during the night. Maybe all the lack of sleep had decided to hit her that night. However, she was also a bit upset. The mysterious girl said that she had been looking for her. Why hadn’t she approached her again if she was alone? She was also aware of where Miyeon was. Even though Miyeon didn’t really know how the girl travelled in the first place.

All of the sudden, Miyeon heard a creak coming from the hall that led towards the rooms. She turned her neck so hard that it hurt. But this time Miyeon felt different, she wasn’t afraid of the girl showing herself… she was eager for it. Apparently, it wasn’t her day, because she discovered that it was only Soyeon. She should have guessed it since the short girl was a morning person. Soyeon smiled at her.

“Morning” she greeted. Miyeon answered with a smile followed by a quiet ‘hey’.

Soyeon entered the kitchen and, through the kitchen island, asked her:

“Coffee?” Miyeon nodded showing a grateful smile

Moments later, the younger girl sat down with her and, setting the volume at the minimum, she turned the Tv on. Some random cartoons appeared on the screen, but none of them did a movement to change the channel. After drinking half of her cup, Soyeon turned to her older friend.

“Did you sleep well?” Miyeon smiled, yet again.

“I did. Thank you”

“About?” Soyeon returned her gaze towards the silver screen.

“Staying with me? All of you… Thank you” and she meant it. She enjoyed the time with the girls and it did help her. Of course, knowing that the ghostly girl didn’t want to hurt her was also another reason to why she was calm again.

Soyeon patted her head in sign of comfort. Miyeon knew she wasn’t good with words. And Soyeon knew that she didn’t need to say anything, Miyeon could always rely on them and that’s what they loved the most about the relationships in their group, the trust they had in each other. After two episodes of “Looney Tunes”, they heard some movement.

“Ah, you’re up” Soojin came out of her room, she had a clingy Shuhua almost hanging from her arm. She looked at Miyeon “Are you feeling better?”

“Yeah, thanks” The dancer smiled relieved, her stare becoming soft.

“Good”

“I’ll go wake up the sleepyhead” Soyeon got up from the couch leaving her now empty cup behind on the small table.

“I’ll make us breakfast” said Soojin disappearing into the kitchen.

 

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

“Where the hell were you?!” Miyeon burst into her own apartment seconds after opening her door. She returned from the couple’s apartment after having dinner together. They had spent the entire day there and she had almost forgotten about what was going on in her life at the moment. The last thing she expected was seeing the girl again. Who, by the way, was standing in the hall contemplating her paintings.

The young woman looked surprised; she wasn’t expecting that demanding tone from the other girl.

“U–umm…”

“I waited for you” the words let Miyeon’s mouth before she could stop herself. But ‘oh well’, now that she started, she was going to let her know a piece of her mind. “You keep appearing and disappearing. What do you want?”

She felt bad instantly after saying that. She saw a bit of sadness in the girl’s eyes and she wanted to slap herself for that. She was about to apologize when she was interrupted.

“Sorry… I’m not really aware of the time here…”

Miyeon tilted her head like a confused puppy. She wanted to ask so many things but, now that she actually could talk with her, she couldn’t think of any.

“Are they yours?” The girl gestured towards the hanging works.

“Yes” Miyeon took a stance next to her “They are a bit old though, they are not really good”

“Are you kidding? They are amazing” she got closer, admiring the masterpieces.

“Thanks…” seconds passed before any of them said anything. The silence wasn’t awkward, even though Miyeon couldn’t categorize it as comfortable either.

“I wanted to apologize… If I ever scared you, I mean. It wasn’t, by any means, my intention” The foreign girl sighed. “I was just… a bit lost I guess”

That last part made Miyeon looked at her in the eyes.

“Do you remember anything?”

“Very little” the girl sighed frustrated.

“Then… Do you remember how you died?” Miyeon opened her eyes so much that she looked like an animated character. She covered . She didn’t mean to ask it like that. She was too forward sometimes.

A burst of laughter invaded her ears and she let out a breath she didn’t know she was holding.

“I’m not dead.” The long-haired girl chuckled, then she frowned her brows a little. “Well, I mean… Maybe it depends on how you look at it”

That only confused Miyeon more. Her facial expressions showed her confusion, but the other girl either didn’t notice or didn’t comment on it.

“What’s your name?” was Miyeon’s next question. The girl hesitated but ended up answering.

“You can call me Minnie”

“Minnie…” Miyeon spelt slowly. She liked it, a lot. She also noticed that the girl’s… that Minnie’s voice was really beautiful.

“And you are Miyeon? If I’m not mistaken.”

“How did you–…?”

“Your friend mentioned it… You know, in the bathroom” Minnie blushed a little “Sorry about that too”

“It’s ok”

Again, they fell in that weird silence. Miyeon realized that she was still wearing her jacket. She took it off and moved towards her living room, not before gesturing to Minnie so she’d go with her. Miyeon was afraid that if she lost sight of Minnie she would disappear again.

She put the piece of clothes on the back of the couch.  They both sat on it at the same time and looked at each other.

“Sooo…” Miyeon began again. She wasn’t sure why the other girl was there or if she wanted something from her. She didn’t know what to talk about either. So she decided to make Minnie more questions “…how do you that?” She motioned with her hands.

“Appearing?” Minnie seemed amused. Miyeon nodded, a shy smile making its way to her lips. “Well, technically I just show myself to you, I’m here all the time”

Miyeon’s eyes widened, her jaw dropping. It took a second for Minnie to realize how that sounded and what could imply.

“NO! I–I mean, no–not like that” A tomato would be jealous of how red Minnie’s face was. “I meant that I’m always in this dimension. I just choose when to be seen. I don’t watch you I swear. I’m actually still figuring out how to manage all of it again and–…”

“Dimension? Again? What are you talking about?”

Minnie took a deep breath. Miyeon had too many questions for her liking. She didn’t know if it was a good idea to tell Miyeon just yet. Humans usually had a good image of them, but Minnie didn’t want to risk it. However, she knew that if she wanted her help, she had to give her some answers.

“It has been a long time since I came to your world and my abilities are a bit weak. Plus, without my…” She paused and breathed. “Without my wings, I’m very disorientated and I can’t go back.” She finished.

Miyeon stayed quiet, processing the information that the girl just reviled. When she understood what she meant her face went white.

“You– you are an angel?”

“Yes” Minnie looked at Miyeon in the eyes. “And I kind of need your help.”

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

As always I hope you enjoyed this chapter and you are welcome in the comments section! :)