Chapter 3

Hurt

Gulf made his way into the club that Lisa mentioned through the phone. He looked around , searching for his best friend. When he spotted her, he went to her immediately. 

" Hey, Lisa," he patted Lisa's shoulder. 

"Gulfie!" Lisa felt delighted when she saw Gulf, "Are you alone? Where is Mew?" asked Lisa while trying to sober herself up. 

"I come alone. Are you okay? Where is your date?" 

"My date? Hehehehe" Lisa giggled while hugging Gulf's arm, "I'm sorry Gulfie, I lied to you. I don't have any date tonight."

"What?!" 

"I'm sorry, Gulfie~~~ I don't want to have a dinner date with you~~" Lisa poked at Gulf's chest, "I don't want to give you any false hope baby, i'm sorry~" 

Gulf can feel his heart ache at Lisa's statement but not that bad compared to what he felt a few hours ago when he was with Mew. Gulf pulled his arm from Lisa's grip, and held her at arm's length. 

" Then, why are you calling me? "

Lisa looked at him with teary eyes, "Gulfie, he didn't know my existence, he didn't even glance at me. I tried to get his attention, but he just passed by. It hurt so much Gulfie," Lisa broke down and weep in front of Gulf. 

Gulf helped her to get up and bring her out from that place. It was so uncomfortable to have a conversation in there as the music was too loud. He brings her to his car, and sends her home. He tried to ask her about this guy but to no avail, she already passed out from drunkenness. 

 

After sending her off, Gulf went back to his condo. Before he can unlock the front door, someone opens the door from inside. 

"Gulf?" he heard Mew's voice behind the door before the man revealed himself to let Gulf inside. 

"Hmm.." Gulf walks passed Mew, plopped down on the sofa. 

Mew took a seat beside Gulf, silence filled in the living room. Gulf heaved a sigh. 

"I am fetching Lisa from the club just now. She was so drunk. I'm so worried about her." 

Mew felt his heart clenched when Gulf talked about Lisa. He hates it when Gulf worries about her as he knows Gulf loves her. 

'Will you worry about me too if I'm in trouble in Gulf?' thought Mew. 

Gulf looked at Mew, he remembered what Lisa told him. He can see Lisa was so hurt when she said her crush ignored her. Did Mew feel the same when he ignored him? He always pushed Mew away. He always talked bad about Mew in front of Lisa and the others. How can Mew bear with him until now? Will Mew stop pursuing him one day? Will Mew leave him alone if he keeps on pushing him away? Will he be happy with it? The thought suddenly scared Gulf. He can't imagine what going to happen if Mew stop going after him. Should he give him a chance? 

"Mew." 

"Hmm?" Mew looked at him with his sad eyes. Gulf felt sad suddenly. He realised Mew's eyes always looked sad recently. No more mischievous eyes. Even his smile is not cheerful like before. 

Gulf tried to ease the heavy atmosphere around them, he smiled softly at Mew. 

"I am hungry," he patted his tummy, "Did you throw away my leftover?" 

Mew shook his head, "Nope. I kept them in the refrigerator, you want to eat?" 

Gulf nodded, "Let's go. I am so hungry. Damn Lisa for interrupting my meal time."

"Err.. I think i should go now. It's late already." 

Gulf raised his eyebrows at Mew. He checked his watch, it's 15 minutes past eleven, "If it is late then you should sleep over," Gulf said without thinking. When he realised what he said, his eyes widened and he looked away from Mew. 

'Stupid Gulf.' 

At first Mew felt happy when he heard Gulf's words. But when Gulf turned away from him, he knew he didn't mean it. 

" Err.. It's okay. I have some work to settle actually. Bye Gulf," Mew quickly grabbed his things and walked out from Gulf's condo. 

Gulf blinked. He put his palm against his heart,' why are you hurting heart?' He felt so lost when Mew walked away from him just now. Usually Mew would try to give him a goodbye kiss or would try to have a sleepover at Gulf's condo. He remained seated for a few minutes before he headed to the refrigerator, grabbing his leftover. He realised there are two boxes of food. 

"Mew didn't finish his food?" he asked no one. He felt guilty over the situation. He grabbed his food and heated it up inside the microwave. While waiting, he grabbed his phone to whatsapp Mew. 

 

'Mew, why don't you finish your food?' 

 

'I'm full already.' 

 

'But you barely eat it.' 

 

Mew didn't reply to him after that. Gulf sighed. He takes out his food from the microwave and finishes his food in no time. All of his energy drained tonight with what happens between him, Lisa and Mew. He will deal with them tomorrow.