Chapter 4

Hurt

Lisa waited for Gulf at the canteen, resting her chin on her folded arm. Her class ends earlier than Gulf, if they have a long period of time before the next class, they will always have lunch together. Mew would show up a little bit later which always made Gulf lose his appetite. Lisa can't believe her best friend did not fall in love with Mew. Mew got a whole package, he's handsome, kind, smart, intelligent, romantic, you named it. 

"Hoy!" Gulf's voice startled Lisa. He settled himself by taking a seat beside Lisa while laughing at Lisa's startle face. 

"You scared me!" Lisa hit Gulf's arm hard. 

"Ouch! Stop it!" Gulf grabbed Lisa's wrist to stop her from hitting him. At the same time, Mew walked towards them and witnessed the whole scene. His steps halted when Gulf laughed happily at Lisa. Gulf never laughed like that when he was with him. Suddenly he lost his appetite, he was eager to get some food just now. He turned back to leave the canteen but too late. 

"Mew! Here!" shouted Lisa from her table. She pulled Gulf's hand, raising it and waved to Mew. 

Mew tried to compose himself and fake a smile, make his way towards them. Gulf can see through him, Mew doesn't look happy. He pulled his hand from Lisa and waited for Mew to arrive at their table. 

"Mew, Mew. He is bad to me, punish him!" Lisa complained to Mew while accusing Gulf. 

"I can't punish him," he gives his fake smile. 

"Whatever. You won't be able to punish him because you're head over heel for him. Let me order my food first. Both of you stay here." 

"I'll go with you," said Gulf. 

"No, you go with Mew later."

"It's okay, both of you can order first. I'll guard our table," said Mew half-hearted. He is sure Gulf doesn't want to be with him. 

Gulf looked at Mew, his heart started to hurt again when he looked at Mew's sad eyes. 

'Mew, are you okay?' 

"Do you want me to order for you Mew?" asked Gulf softly as if he was coaxing the sulking Mew. 

Mew just shook his head, "It's okay, I'm not that hungry. I'll order some drinks for myself later."

Gulf just nodded his head and went with Lisa to order some food. 

"What should I order for Mew?" 

"Huh? Didn't he say he didn't want to eat?" Lisa puzzled with Gulf's question.

"I know but I want to buy some food for him. Today is Tuesday right?" 

Lisa nodded her head. 

"He's going to have class until 5 today. I don't want him to starve himself."

"Ohoo.. Such a good boyfriend," Lisa wiggled her eyebrows. 

"Shut up," Gulf pushed her away, and ordered some food for him and Mew. While waiting for their food, they went to buy drinks. Gulf buys 2 bottles of mineral water for him and Mew. He knew Mew always having his lunch with mineral water. 

"Mew, Mew. What happened last night? Someone buy you food," teased Lisa when they get back to their table. 

"Huh?" Mew looked puzzled at Lisa's words. 

"Nothing happened last night. You were the one who disturbed my dinner," Gulf glared at her. He put their foods on the table and instead of sitting beside Lisa, he took a seat beside Mew now, across from Lisa. 

Gulf turned to Mew, "Eat up Mew. Your class ends late today. I don't want you to study with an empty stomach."

"In other words, I am worried about you," teased Lisa, earning a glare from Gulf. 

Mew smiled softly, he's quite happy when Gulf said that. But his happiness is not long.

"Jealous?" Gulf raised his eyebrows at Lisa. 

'So, he just wants Lisa to feel jealous. Don't ever dream about it Mew.' thought Mew. 

"No, never!" Lisa sticks her tongue out. 

Gulf copied Lisa's action and started to eat his food.

"Mew, eat up," said Gulf. 

Mew nodded his head and ate his food. 

"Mew, are you free this weekend ?" asked Gulf. 

' Is this another trick to make Lisa jealous?' thought Mew.

"I don't know yet."

"Huh?"

"err.. Because… maybe I will accompany Thong to the mall. Why?" 

"Why Gulfie? You need someone to go somewhere with you? I'm free," said Lisa.

Gulf turns to Lisa, "You're free? No more blind date?" mocked Gulf. 

Lisa glared at her, "Why? Are you jealous?" 

'I knew it. Just another trick to make Lisa go with him,' thought Mew sadly.

"No, I don't. You can go to your blind date. I don't care. Can I go with you and Thong, Mew?" Gulf smiled softly at Mew. 

Mew stunned at Gulf's soft smile, he can't help but put his palm on Gulf forehead, "Are you okay Gulf?" 

Gulf swats Mew's hand away, "I'm okay, Mew. I just want to walk around, to release some stress." 

"He is stressed because I reject him," said Lisa nonchalantly. 

"Oh.." Mew turned away from Gulf and continued eating. 

Gulf glared at Lisa, she's making the situation worse, "No, I don't. I don't stress because of your rejection, but I'm stressed because you interrupted our dinner last night. I left Mew at my condo because you're crying and asking for me. You should not answer the phone last night Mew. If we ignored her calls last night, we would have a peaceful dinner."

"But you still came and fetched me right?" teased Lisa. She did make the situation worse. Mew finished his food in a hurry so that he can go, he doesn't want to be third wheels between Gulf and Lisa. His heart clenched hearing their conversation. Gulf loves Lisa, Gulf doesn't have any feeling towards him. Gulf just wants to make Lisa jealous by taking care of Mew in front of her. Gulf just wants Lisa to realise that he cares for Lisa, that's why he brings up those conversations. 

"Errr.. guys, i need to go now. Thong and I have to finish our assignment. He's waiting for me at the library." 

Before Mew can get up, Gulf held his arm, "How about this weekend? Can I tag along with you and Thong?" pleads Gulf. 

'Come on Mew, just say yes. I want to make it up with you.'

Mew looked into Gulf's pleading eyes. Gulf's lovely eyes, who can resist those eyes? Lisa is crazy for not falling in love with those eyes," I will tell you later okay? " 

Gulf nodded. He looked at Mew' s back walking away from him. He heaved a heavy sigh before glared at Lisa. 

"You're making it worse!" 

"What? What did I do?" Liza was puzzled with Gulf sudden outbursts. 

"Can't you see i tried to make up with Mew? Because of you last night, I can feel Mew was sad for some reason. He didn't finish his food last night and went home early. I don't know why but i felt so guilty when looking at his sad eyes."

"He is sad? He's looking pretty normal to me. Maybe he just stressed out because of his assignment. And why are you so worked up about it? Usually you will pay no attention to him."

Gulf sighed, "I don't know. After last night, after I witnessed his sad face when I talked harshly towards him, I felt so guilty. I want to make him happy."

"Or because I rejected you last night? So you want to use him to make you forget about your love for me?" 

"I don't know Lisa. I need to find out. That's why I want to hang out with him. But somehow I felt he's so distant today. He didn't send me any good morning texts today." 

"Oh My God, GULF!" Lisa moved to sit beside Gulf excitedly, he hit Gulf's arm continuously. 

"It hurts! Stop!" 

Lisa grinned at him, "Are you starting to fall in love with him?" 

Gulf rubbed his numb arm because of Lisa hitting, "I don't know…"

"YET," cut Lisa.

"Okay okay. I DON'T KNOW YET. That's why I want to hang out with him. But you just ruined everything. Now what should i do?" 

Lisa rubbed her chin, before grinning, "I don't know. Think for yourself. But can I tag along if you go with Mew and Thong later?" 

"No way! I want to make up with Mew. If you come along, he will misunderstand me." 

"But I want to see Thong," mumbled Lisa quietly. 

"What?" Gulf shocked at Lisa's revelation, "Your crush is Thong?!" 

"Can you tone down your voice?" Lisa covered Gulf's mouth. 

"Can I go with you please? I promise i won't disturb you and Mew."

"You asked Mew yourself," Gulf hit Lisa's head softly. 

"Give me your phone."

"Use your own phone."

"I don't have my phone with me. I left it in my room. I was in a hurry this morning." 

Gulf gave her his phone while frowning hard, "If he misunderstands me, you need to explain to him." 

"WhatsApp or call? If I watsapping him, I would read all your conversations with him," teased Lisa. 

"Call!" 

Lisa chuckled, "Okay," she dialled Mew's number. After a few rings, Mew answered. 

"Yes, Gulf?" 

"Mew!" 

"Lisa?" 

"Yes, it's me. I don't have my phone with me, so I borrowed Gulf's phone."

"Oh okay.. Why are you calling? Do you need some help? "

"Errr.. I just want to ask, can I tag along this weekend?" 

"Did Gulf invite you and ask you to call me for permission?" 

Gulf hit Lisa's arm, "You better fix it," Gulf whispered to Lisa. 

"No! No! No! He doesn't invite me, I just want to tag along. I need to buy something and I don't want to go alone. Gulf doesn't want to accompany me. He said he wants to spend time with you. He chose you over me, Mew. Please, I promise I won't disturb you and the Gulf. I will stay close with Thong," she whispered at the end of her speech. 

Mew sighed, he won't fall for Gulf tricks anymore, but he can't say no to her," Okay, i will inform Thong."

"Okay! Thank you Mew!" Lisa ended the call and smiled widely at Gulf, "He says yes! Thank you Gulfieee!" she hugs Gulf happily. 

"Hmmm.. You just ruined it.. I expect to go there with Mew," Gulf sighed. 

Lisa broke their hug, "I'm sorry 🙏."

"It's okay. My class was cancelled at the last minute. Now I am free. Bye~" Gulf pushed her and grabbed his bag. 

"Gulfie, I don't have any class too. Wait for meee."