Hospital Hostility

Wreck-It Rene!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Play ( What Do I Know? - Ed Sheeran )

 

"Miss, may I know what is your relation towards the patient?"

 

Irene blinked her eyes seemingly surprised by the sudden voice from behind but maintained her composure as she turned around to meet eye to eye with an ER nurse who was noticeably in a hurry carrying documents in a clipboard. 

 

You can't blame Irene, she was still on her toes shaking as she recalled the events that transpired minutes ago. To her instinct and knowledge and the borderline guilt she felt that she was somehow responsible for the student that crashed on her car even if she got a feeling that she wasn't to blame for this. Even so, maybe it's the stubborn side of her speaking?

 

"I'm sorry?" She tilted her head sideways as the nurse repeated what she came for. "Oh..."

 

Just what the heck would she say to this?

 

She already blurted out in front of the ER that she was just a passerby and a good samaritan and helped the student for her injuries and not the one who caused those injuries. 

 

Irene didn't commit a crime. She didn't.

 

That's why she still pulled with her alibi.

 

"Oh I'm merely a passerby when I saw her body on the ground and she was groaning in pain, and I couldn't leave her as she was a person clearly needing help and we...we come from the same school."

 

"...and I had a classes with her..." Irene couldn't believe what she's saying. She couldn't stop from blurting that, heck she didn't even know who the heck is this girl, moreover, if she was really in her class.

 

But she let those words slipped 'cause of the way the nurse been looking at her. She was suspicious of Irene, and she has to remedy that.

 

"Okay...may I know her name?"

 

.

 

She broke their eye contact as if they continued, her alibi would be caught. It's not like she was obvious, mind you. She was so cool and collected on the outside, frankly looking like she was bored but maintain frantic worry in her eyes, but on the inside, she was sweating bullets, repeatedly cursing herself to think of an excuse because she's not a physic to know the stranger's name.

 

So she let her instincts guide her again and let run the show.

 

"Uhm, I wasn't friends with her per say...we only had elective classes and it was once a week. And I'm pretty sure she was always skipping."

 

"...You don't know her name but you recognize her from classes once a week?"

 

"It's easy to recognize those trouble students." There she goes, spitting bulls to the nurse's face.

 

The nurse looked down at her clipboard and wrote something. Irene was patiently waiting but the suspense was killing her.

 

"Okay Miss Bae, you can kindly wait here and sit while we undergo further examinations with the patient," the nurse said while nodding off then head towards the ER. 

 

Irene was still holding her breath but when she saw the nurse got inside the ER she let out a huge exhale as she calm her still rapidly beating heart. She sat on an unoccupied cushion and checked her phone. She groaned when she saw that she was beyond late.

 

So much for Yerim waking her up with a throbbing ear and a splitting headache.

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

Sakura opened her eyes and she was wishing that she didn't.

 

There was a direct beam of white light blaring at her in front view. For 's sake, she thought, she rubbed her eyes and groaned. That caught the attention of a nearby someone and that someone cleared their throat. Sakura glanced beside her and saw a woman blatantly glaring at her still waking up face. That got the sleepiness to leave her and she was about to greet the woman and ask where was she when the woman beat her to it.

 

"You!" Sakura nearly jumped on her strangely hard bed and th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter