Sunshines and Watermelons (hyerim)

loona the demigods - OS Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt: Where being a child of Apollo comes with having a bright yellow aura surrounding you and Yerim finds it to be a rather inconvenient thing to have sometimes.

This one is with a little twist!

 

---

 

“Hyejoo!”

 

“Gods, you’re too bright, and you’re late.” Hyejoo squinted as she tried to take in the sight of purple hair, her orange camp t-shirt and the glowing yellow light surrounding the figure now standing in front of her. It surprised her that for once, she was the one doing all the waiting instead of the other way around. By the time she had arrived for her check up session. the other Apollo kids told her that Yerim had to run a quick errand and that she should just wait by the unoccupied infirmary bed till she comes back.

 

“Yeah, I get that a lot. Sorry—and also for being late this time,” Yerim smiled sheepishly, fixing her glasses before immediately getting to work, checking on the condition of her left arm and working her magic. The whole process didn’t take too long as Yerim was quite skilled in this field, something she had inherited from her dearest father, Apollo.

 

As Yerim was doing her thing, Hyejoo could not help but check her out. You can’t blame her because it’s not everyday you get tended by a doctor this attractive. Thankfully she was quite skilled in the arts of being subtle. 

 

“Looks like someone indeed followed my orders pretty well. If my prediction is right, then it should be fully healed and ready to function in about 2 days!” Yerim gave her a small cube of ambrosia to aid in the healing process. Not too much though, she remembers the first time she gave her the cubed ambrosia, she almost got jumped on because Hyejoo wanted more. 

 

“Stop thinking about that day will you! It’s embarrassing!” Hyejoo growled, crossing her arms. ‘Was it supposed to intimidate her?’ Yerim questioned herself before breaking into soft giggles. 

 

“So, is the check up done? Am I free to leave—”

 

“Wait, before you leave…” As she was about to get up, the older girl handed her a nicely decorated, small black box with yellow ribbons. A card that says ‘to Hyejoo’ could be found pasted on top of the said box. Hyejoo wasn’t a stranger to seeing Yerim look nervous, heck she was nervous ever since day 1 of meeting her. However, this Yerim seemed rather… flustered? 

 

“What is this?” Hyejoo took the box and gave a questioning look to the other girl. She gave it a light shake, trying to guess what’s inside. Judging by the sound it made, it couldn’t have been anything soft, like clothing or anything similar.

 

‘Was it her birthday? No wait, was it for a special occasion?’ Hyejoo raked her brain, trying to think about what could have possibly been the reason behind this.

 

“Stop overthinking and just open it!” She casted one last look at Yerim and then back to the neatly wrapped box on her lap. Hyejoo decided to open this one slowly, instead of ripping it like how she usually does with anything sealed. Putting the ribbons aside, she took off the lid, revealing something small and black inside.

 

Sunglasses.

 

“I just… thought that this is the least I can do, since, well, you always complained about how I was too bright and that you had to squint to be able to actually look at me sometimes…” Oh my Gods.

 

“…and I didn’t want you to stop hanging out with me because I really enjoy spending time with you and I think you’re very cute and I would like to get to know you more—only if you want to though! So I thought I’d gift you a pair of sunglasses—” Yerim was fully aware that she was rambling but the look on Hyejoo’s face made her really nervous and when she gets nervous she’ll start rambling—

 

“You’re so stupid.” Hyejoo blurted without much thinking and regretted the second she saw Yerim’s face fall, her eyebrows bunched together in a frown. ‘Oh no that came out wrong’.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter