Final

I'll Love You No Matter What

 

 

His pretty brown eyes had slowly started to grow dull. His clothes stopped matching slowly and started to grow clumsier. Soon he would ask me to pick out his clothes and lead him everywhere. He never said anything though, he never once complained about the fuzziness he said that he saw later on.

But his smile never faltered. He never seemed to be angry that he couldn’t see quite as well. No glasses were given because they wouldn’t help him one bit and I tried to help him everywhere I could go.

I’ll never forget the day he told me.

 

Minho. I can’t see your face anymore. You’re just fuzz… I-I think something’s wrong with me. I can’t see the floor. I can’t even see my hands when they’re two inches from my face. Minho… I-I can’t see…

 

“Taemin are you okay?” I asked, moving a little closer to him.

“I’m fine.” He smiled, kissing me softly. Though it was different, he didn’t lean in quite as fast as he used to. He seemed to be trying to place where my lips were.

“You sure?”

“Of course.”

Taemin waved to me and slid on a pair of large sunglasses. He slowly made his way towards the door, feeling his way along the wall. “I’ll be back in a while, Minho.” He giggled.

I couldn’t let him go. Running to his side I wrapped my arms around him. “Please let me go with you.”

“I’ll be fine. Kibum will be here to get me.” Taemin said softly.

Kibum…

 

Kibum showed up a while later. “Minho, I’m taking Taemin. I’ll bring him back later.”

“Fine…”

 

--

 

When Kibum and Taemin returned, he stumbled into the living room. He felt along the walls and stood in front of me.

“Minho…”

“Yeah?”

“Minho. I can’t see your face anymore.”

Can’t see my face anymore! You Kibum how dare you steal my Taemin from me! He’s mine!

“You’re just fuzz… I-I think something’s wrong with me. I can’t see the floor. I can’t even see my hands when they’re two inches from my face. Minho… I-I can’t see…” Tears started to fall from his eyes.

I just stared, I watched as Kibum ran over to Taemin and held him close. The older boy mumbled soft nothings into Taemin’s ear.

Taemin continued to shake against Kibum. I stood up and wrapped my arms around his thin body.

“It’s okay, Minnie. Please don’t cry.” I said into his ear.

After a moment he slowly stopped crying, but his body still shook.

“Y-You w-want to b-break up don’t you?” He asked.

“No. I would never want to leave you.” I said.

Taemin nodded.

“Do you believe me? You’re beautiful no matter what, sweetie.”

He nodded again. Pushing his face against my shoulder, I rubbed his back and kissed his cheek.

 

After that day I started to help him even more.

 

“Hyung I need to shower.” He said, sitting up slowly. I watched him, taking his hand.

“Is it okay if I take one with you? Or did you want a bath?” I asked.

“Bath.” Taemin said.

He stood up and felt around the bedside table till he made it to the wall with our closest. He pulled out a shirt, then made his way along the wall again towards the bathroom that connected to our room.

I grabbed him a pair of pajama pants and a pair boxers before following him. He was already when I got into the bathroom.

“Do you remember when your appointment is?” I asked.

“One thirty.” He said.

I helped him into the tub and started the water. His eyes watched me and I smiled at him.

But he didn’t smile back.

It hurt so bad that he couldn’t even see me smile, and I don’t think I could ever see him smile again. But I didn’t say anything to him. I just took his hand and kissed his cheek.

“Can you see me?” I asked.

“You’re really fuzzy…” Taemin said. “I just see brown and tan…but it’s almost the same thing. I know where you are, but I don’t know what you’re doing. Where you’re looking. I can’t see if you’re sad, or if you’re happy. You’re just fuzz.” Taemin said.

“Alright.”

 

--

 

When we got back into the office, I led Taemin to a seat. He clung to my hand. I’m sure the white was driving him crazy.

“Mr. Lee, can you see anything?” The doctor said. “Can you see any of the posters on the wall? Can you see colors?”

“Only white. I can’t see posters. You’re fuzzy and so is Minho.” Taemin looked down.

“How long as your vision been slipping?”

“For almost a year.”

The doctor nodded. “Have you tried glasses? If so, did they help?” He asked, flipping through Taemin’s papers.

“I’ve never had glasses. I didn’t think it was going to get this bad.”

“Did you want to try, it might help save your vision.”

“Sure…” Taemin mumbled.

“Follow me then.” The doctor said. I stood and helped Taemin up. Taking his hand I lead him into the room the doctor went into. “Please take a seat, Mr. Lee.”

I helped Taemin sit down and held his hand. Playing with his fingers I tried to help him relax.

“We’ll just go straight to the machine.” The doctor said. He moved it over so that it was in front of Taemin’s face. He adjusted it enough so it was the right setting and started to say.

“Can you see anything?”

“No…”

He nodded and started to file through the few different lenses, flipping the switch and asking. “Can you see the letters down there now?”

“No.”

I watched the doctor as he made a few adjustments.

“You might be legally blind. So I changed the settings, can you see them now?” He asked.

Taemin let out a soft sigh. “I can see black fuzz… That’s it.”

The doctor pulled the machine away from Taemin’s eyes. “I’m sorry, we really can’t do much else.” He said.

Taemin looked around the room. I reached out and took his hand. “It’s okay sweetie.” I said.

“Thank you for your visit. I’m sorry we couldn’t help.”

 

A week after the exam, Taemin had tripped and fallen in the living room. I ran to him and held him close. I took his hand. He flinched and tried to push me away. “What happened?”

But when he heard my voice he calmed down.

“I-I tripped.”

“Over what?” I asked.

“I don’t know.” His voice broke. He held my hand tightly.

“You can’t see, can you?”

“E-Everything’s dark. What time is it?”

“It’s only noon, Minnie.”

“I-I can’t even see.” He started to cry harder.

“Don’t cry, babe. Everything is going to be fine.” I wrapped my arms around him. “I’ll help you, okay?” I said, rubbing his back. “Don’t give up, alright, okay?” I said softly.

“Hyung... I love you.”

“I love you, too Taemin.” I kissed his cheek. “You’re so beautiful.”

“Thank you.” Taemin gave a small smile.

My kisses trailed up to his eyes and kissed away his tears. “Don’t cry. I won’t leave you.” I whispered into his ear.

“O-Okay.” He mumbled softly.

I stood up and helped Taemin up. “Do you believe me?” I asked.

“Yes.” Leading him into our room I sat him down on the bed, then sat next to him. Taemin leaned against me and I smiled.

“I’ll never leave you.” I whispered softly.

 

 

Taemin had slowly grown sadder. He hurt himself constantly because he tried to walk through the apartment.

“Taemin, whats wrong?” I asked.

“I-I can’t see…”

“Are you scared?”

“D-Don’t leave me…”

I walked over to Taemin and wrapped my arms around him. “I told you I would never leave you.” I told him, kissing his cheek.

“O-Okay.” Taemin mumbled. His hands slowly worked his way up to my face and he softly ran his fingers over my face.

“I-I love you, Minho.” He said softly.

“I’ll always love you no matter what.” I told him. Kissing his cheek I smiled.

“Good.” He slowly found my hand. “W-Want to go walk?”

I nodded and kissed him softly. “Yeah.”

 

--

 

A/N: I know this is a dumb ending. But it’s all I could really think of!

I hope you all enjoyed it! Please comment on what you think!