-1-

Royal in the Making


"Oh no! I'm gonna be late!" Somin dashed out of her bedroom all dressed in a slightly wrinkled button-down shirt and crumpled shorts as her alarm continued to ring.

"Here's your lunch, de-" Mrs Lee said with a paper bag of sandwiches in her hands before it was snatched in a blink of an eye.

Somin hopped around as she tried to put her shoes. "Thanks, Umma! I'll see you after my shift, muacks!" A kiss goodbye and she was out.

"Watch where you're going!"

"Hey!"

"Oops, I'm sorry!"

Somin ran as fast as she could, as she tried to avoid bumping into anyone in the crowd.

Shoot, Manager Kim is going to be so angry! Okay, I've got 5 more min-

Thud.

"Oh my god! I'm so so so sorry!" Somin scrambled to gather the books that were scrambled all over the floor.

"Hey, all's good. It was an accident. Are you okay?"

She looked up and was stunned. Never before had she ever seen someone as stunning as he looked. Silky, soft hair and an enchanting smile that stretched from ear to ear.

He tilted his head and chuckled. "You alright?"

"A-ah! Yes, yes... Oh no! I'm gonna be late!" She shrieked and quickly gathered his books and gave them to him.

"I'm so sorry, sir! I have to go! Erm, see you around (?)" All flustered and red, she quickly ran.

His gaze followed her and he smiled when he heard footsteps.

"Hyung! You okay? Oh man, your outfit is all dirty now." The younger one commented. "We better head back before headmistress comes looking for us! Erm, hey Hyung, you okay there?" He followed his Hyung's gaze but all he saw was an old man watering his plants outside the store.

The latter shook his head. "It's nothing, Seungkwan. Let's go."

——

Somin managed to reach the cafe in time for her shift and was immediately greeted by smiles of her colleagues — Mina and Hyomin.

"Wow Somin, 10 seconds later and you would have been burnt alive by manager nim's scoldings!"

"Mina's right! Let me guess, another late-night writing songs? You have got to perform at the cafe one day!" Hyomin nudged.

Somin chuckled as she wiped the glasses sparkly clean. "Maybe one day. Sigh, if only, hm?"

Mina was about to cheer her good friend up when the doorbells rang with a sweet melody.

"Hi, welcome!" The two girls cheerfully chimed as Somin quickly and safely placed the glass cup away before another accident happens.

"Hi, welcome! Table for?" Somin cheered and quickly ushered him into the cafe.

That's weird, why is he wearing a mask? I guess it's pretty cold out today.

The latter smiled and shook his head, "It's fine! I'm here to order takeaway."

"What can I get you then?"

"Hmm... Can I get four Iced Americanos, two hot vanilla lattes and one hazelnut latte?" He listed.

"Wow, must be ordering for your family, huh?" She giggled and keyed in the orders. "Hmm, kind of? They are more like my non-blood related brothers." He commented.

After the payment was done and the order was given to him, they bid goodbye at the door.

"Thank you, Somin-ssi!" He said and walked away.

She blushed. "H-how do you know my name?"

He turned around and yelled through his mask, "It's written on your name tag, silly! Annyeong!" He laughed and continued walking before he disappeared into the crowd.

"Oh right, hm. Pabo ya, Somin..." She shyly said under her breath. When she turned around, she was greeted by her two friends with gaping mouths.

"Yah... Do you know who he is?!" Mina broke the ice. Somin looked at them puzzled. "What do you mean?"

And before she knew it, the Hyomin grabbed her by her shoulders. "Unnie! He is a Sakura Royal! A Prince in the making!!" The two girls screamed and fangirled to their hearts' content.

"Huh, how could that be? I thought they don't usually come out in the open."

"Yeah! It's true that they don't usually venture out of their quarters. But when they do, they usually wear masks, just like celebrities!" Mina nodded. "Or just like a sick person would."

Laughter ensued as they continued washing dishes and cleaning cups, waiting for more customers to come.

"Come on, girls. Yeah, he could be just a good looking guy who was sick and wore a mask. No biggie." 

"Waitress! I would like a refill please!"

"Coming!" Hyomin scrambled to attend to the customer.

Hmm... The guy earlier today had a mask too but he had it down. Nah, he can't be a Royal, they rarely hang out in the commoner region.