ch. 3 | reality

At Night, I Miss You the Most
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] 03 [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] 07.09.2020 [/CONTENTID2] 

[CONTENTID3] DREAM [/CONTENTID3] 

[CONTENTID4] O [/CONTENTID4]

[CONTENTID5]ne Week Later...

A week had passed ever since she met Hyewon. Eunbi made her way home from work. Her office's walk had been a long one, especially when she was left with many unanswered questions. And sure enough, every night as she fell asleep, she would end up back in Hyewon's world. The events that happened during that week were mostly casual. They never went far due to the fact that Hyewon had midterms coming up and so the younger girl often found herself studying. They never really got to understand or try to find the answers. And whenever Hyewon would come to her timeline, Eunbi would have to head back into the office, and as soon as she got home, Hyewon was already gone. The only thing that could be understood from the current situation so far was the following: 

01. Whenever one falls asleep, they'll appear in the other's reality. 
02. They are both from different timelines. 
03. In terms of when the dream will end, it was most likely when the other party woke up. 

But besides that, those were the only factors that Eunbi was sure of. Why did this start happening? Is this reality? Can other people see her if she were to enter into Hyewon's timeline? No, the answer to that third question was obvious, yes, the two had a date with each other during Hyewon's reality, and today when Hyewon arrived at her timeline, the guards saw her enter in. She still had to pay for a boarding pass in order for Hyewon to travel with her. But besides that, there was nothing else that she could think of that would bring her to a reasonable explanation. 

Eunbi felt her phone vibrate in her jacket pocket. Could it be Hyewon texting her? In a frantic state of mind, Eunbi shuffled through her pockets and searched for her cellphone. Her slender fingers gently tapped on the screen to unlock the cell. Her brows furrowed in at the true cause of the notification. It was a simple promotional email that had a few coupons for her local grocery store. That was when another reality hit Eunbi. How long was this reality or strange phenomenon going to last? And if that's the case, should she stock up on the food in her fridge, because she is fully aware that she does not have nearly enough food in the fridge to feed two people.

Then she thought about it again, when Hyewon had arrived at her place, she said that she couldn't contact anyone from her timeline, and the only person she could talk to was Eunbi. That was going to be another theory that she would have to try when she went back to Hyewon's world, to see if she could connect with any of her friends. But if she did that, would that mean she would start to create a butterfly effect, or something like that? No, the risk was obviously higher than the danger, so she should just disregard that idea. 

Eunbi made her way to the nearby bus stop. Who could she talk too about this situation? In fact, could she even talk to someone about this? Her lips pursed in, what should she do? She ran her fingers through her long locks. Her fingers gently tapped against the front of , a habit of hers that she never seemed to grow out of. Whatever the case could be, she knew that tonight, she would see the other girl again when she went to bed. There were too many factors that couldn't be explained, and it was already stressful and troublesome to deal with it on her own. She had to find someone or find something to do about it. 

She could feel her phone vibrate again once again, and her eye slowly moved down to check what the notification was. 

From: Chaewon
Unnie! Are you coming? I thought we were all going to hang out and eat today?

Crap... that was right. She had already made prior arrangements with her friends. This guessing game would have to wait at the very least. Maybe she could find a way to bring it up, although she doubted it. Slowly, she slid across to open the notification and her lips pursed in as she gently typed into the cell. 

From: Eunbi
I'm coming, send me the address?

Minutes later, her phone sounded off once more. Her lips pursed in once again as she rubbed the nape of her neck. The sound of the news announcements that played on the radio filled the quiet bus filled with tired travelers. "In recent news, earlier today, the car wreck that left most of the freeway traffic had finally been cleared. The police have stated that there was a total of six casualties out of the ten car pile up. The names of the victims are..." 

Thirty Minutes Later... 

The restaurant was bustling with the sounds of the clattering of plates and silverware. The occasional customer orders another set of beer, meat, or just any kind of food in general—the voices overlapping in the busy restaurant on a Saturday evening. The metal round tables with their own individual grills inside, surrounded by friends, families, and coworkers, summarized their week's struggles. Eunbi's eyes searched through the patrons' crowd before finally spotting a familiar brown bobbed haired girl sitting down, accompanied by another five girls. Her lips curled into a soft smile as she made her way to the table and sat down at the metal stool. 

"Ah! She's finally arrived, girls!" Chaewon, the brown-haired female, called with a bright smile on her face. 
"It's not usual for you to be late," another girl, Chaeyeon, chimed in. She had black shoulder-length hair and a distinct and prominent nose. Eunbi's lips curled into a soft smile as she rubbed the nape of her neck. 
"Sorry, I got held up at the office," Eunbi lied, and she wasn't even sure why she lied. The tiny female who had seen her at the office was sitting down right across from her. 
"Again... I'm really sorry about getting you in trouble. I should have double-checked with the suppli--" before Nako could finish her sentence, Eunbi held her hand up and made a waving motion. 
"It's okay, as long as you learn to do it next time. Besides, I should have double-checked your work as well," Eunbi stated with a soft smile. "Ah, let me get a drink..." Eunbi stated before she leaned just slightly away from the table before calling one of the servers' attention. "One Sprite, please!"

The female's attention turned back to the table, her eyes looking around at her friends who surrounded the table, from the clockwise position of where she was sitting the sitting order was as such, she sat down next to her best from Jung Chaeyeon, the two had worked together at the daycare, but have also been friends since college. Next to her, it was another female. She had beautiful brown locks, and her appearance was flawless; dare Eunbi to say, she was almost as pretty as Hyewon, the female went by the name of Minjoo. Next to her was Nako, and next to Nako was Yuri, a girl from Busan that used to work with Chaeyeon, but she ended up becoming a trainee at a company, although she could never disclose which company. Finally, completing the full circle, the girl sitting next to her was Chaewon. These girls were the center of Eunbi's only social life, the only connections she managed to maintain during her busy life. 

"How's training at the center?" Eunbi questioned as she looked at the red-haired girl across the table, Yuri. She could see that shy and nervous demeanor of the younger as if they were try

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter