ch. 2 | daydream

At Night, I Miss You the Most
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] 02 [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] 04.08.20 [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3] daydream [/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]F [/CONTENTID4][CONTENTID5]or once in her life, Eunbi did not have an answer to the situation presented in front of her. The female whom she thought was a pleasant dream in her stressful life had suddenly appeared before her. She stood at her doorway as she looked at the picture-perfect female in front of her. Was there a logical explanation? What exactly was happening? Her lips pursed in as she tried to come to a solution to the situation in front of her. 

"Do... you want to come in?" Eunbi finally gathered the courage to speak up. Hyewon didn't seem to answer but instead gave her a short nod in response. The older female slowly moved out of the way and allowed the younger to enter into her apartment. Eunbi moved over to the side to allow the younger to come in. She grabbed the spare guests slippers and placed it in front of the younger before she took a step back. "Are you thirsty?" 
"A bit," Hyewon finally spoke up.
"I only have green tea, Sprite, and water. Which one do you want?" 
"Water is fine..." 

Eunbi gave the younger a short nod. Her hands gestured the younger to take a seat in her small and quaint living room. There was not much, just a simple low table with a few cushions. She didn't want to invest too much, because she didn't plan on living in the apartment rooftop too long. At least, that was the plan that she had for herself after she got out of college two years ago. Eunbi proceeded into her kitchen. Her kitchen was relatively small as well, a two-burner stovetop, a small fridge, a microwave, and a sink. The rest of these spaces were the typical four cabinets for pots, pans, plates, etc. She grabbed a small glass from the cupboard and opened up her fridge before pulling out her water container. She then proceeded to pour the water into the glass. During this process, she was processing what she should say. Or rather, was there even a reasonable explanation for what was happening to her? How was she supposed to continue a conversation with someone she never expected to see again? 

She grabbed the glass and took a few steps to enter into her living room. She handed the younger the glass before sitting down across from them. Eunbi waited for Hyewon to speak up. She knew that the other was probably just as confused as she was in the past. Hyewon reached over and gave Eunbi a short head bow before she grabbed the water in front of her and took a small sip of it.

"So, let me ask you something," the younger female finally spoke up. 
"Sure, what is it?" Eunbi responded. She was sure that the younger had a lot of questions in their mind. 
"What day is it?" 

Eunbi paused as she heard the younger's question. It seemed strange that what the younger was asking what the date was. Her brows furrowed in as she reached over for her phone, which was in her pocket. She swiped up to unlock her cellphone and looked at the date. It was on 14 August. "14 August, why?" Eunbi questioned as she stared at the younger female with a puzzled expression. 

"When we met, it was 14 February, wasn't it?" Hyewon's lips pursed in as her fingers gently drummed against the lightly-stained wood of the low table. "I swear. I went to bed, and I fell asleep. Then I wake up, and I'm laying down on that pyeongsang outside. After that, I tried calling everyone else on my phone, but it said that their phones were not in service. I looked at the date on my phone, and it suddenly said that it was 14 August, it was like I skipped six months."The drumming of her fingers became increasingly loud with every passing second before she eventually let out a sigh of frustration. "This is too much thinking for me right now." 

"I was a bit confused, too, to be honest. The same thing happened to me. I went to bed, and I closed my eyes. When I woke up again, I was in that cafe, and then you appeared." Eunbi added as she looked at the other. 
"When were you able to go back?" Hyewon questioned as she raised a brow and looked over at the older curiously. 
"I... think I woke up after you decided that you wanted to head back to your place."
"Okay, let's try that then." 

Eunbi paused when she heard the other make the suggestion. For some reason, it felt like her heart was crushed and broke into a million pieces. "That fast? You don't want to stay?" 
"It'll be better if we can get back to our regular life, right?" Hyewon stated as her lips pursed in. She could see in Eunbi's eyes that they seemed broken and disappointed. "Do you want me to stay?" 

Eunbi could see that behind the female who was usually calm and collected, they were frightened and scared. The younger female that was often carefree and the one she had spent her day within her dreams, they were afraid. Eunbi's lips pursed in as she gave the younger female short not to look at the other, and her lips formed into a small smile have you took a deep breath and finally spoke, "You're right. Let's try and get you back."

The younger gave Eunbi a small smile before she took a deep breath. "Okay, so you said you were able to get back when I said that I wanted to go back home?" 

Eunbi gave Hyewon a short nod in response. 

"But, I'm already at your place, so there has to be some other reason why you were able to go back," Hyewon paused for a moment as she drummed her fingers on the table. "Ah, you said you were able to go back when I left, right?" 
"That's right." 
"How did you feel at that time?" 

Eunbi's brows furrowed in as she heard their question, and her lips curved into a soft frown. She was never the type of remembering her dreams or have a good memory. She could barely remember what she had for breakfast the day before. She remained silent for a few moments as she tried her best to recall the vivid dream. She could remember the faint happiness that she experienced when she watched the younger walk away. However, before she could answer, a familiar ringing echoed throughout the walls of her apartment. It was her cellphone. She reached over and grabbed her phone. Her brows furrowed in as she saw the name that was on the screen, Team Leader Lee. A deep sigh escaped Eunbi's lips as she picked up her cellphone. "Give me one second, okay?" 

The older moved away from the table and walked into the kitchen. Eunbi took a deep breath as she tried to calm herself down. The morning was already an eventful one, and while she previously expected to be receiving a call from her boss, she was already overwhelmed with the current situation at hand. She shook her head as she slid her finger across the screen to answer the call. "Hello? This is Kwon Eunbi." 

"Kwon! How could you mess up again?" a loud and booming voice echoed into her ear. Her lips pursed in as she tried her best to hold back. Her lips pursed in as her brows furrowed just slightly. 
"Good morning to you too, Team Leader. What's wrong?" 
"Did you give the okay for the supplier to deliver the products to us at an increased price?" 
"I had to. It was a last-minute request, and the supplier was kind enough to take our request!" 
"What excuse did they make this time? Supply and demand? We have a stringent budget with this product. Go back to this office and call the supplier. We aren't settling for a cent more than what originally arranged in the budget. If they won't go back down to the price originally discussed, then find someone who will." 
"Team Leader, that's unreasonable." 
"You made this mess; you fix it." 

And within a few seconds, she heard silence. A loud and frustrated sigh escaped her lips. "That short goblin! How does he expect me to do all the work, and he'll take credit in the end?" She ran her fingers through her hair as she rubbed the nape of her neck in frustration. 

"Is that what I have to look forward too when I have a career?" Hyewon spoke up, which caught Eunbi off guard and reminded her of the other situation she was presented with. Eunbi stared at the younger female, and a soft smile formed on her lips. 
"I have to go, work calls." 
"I can go with you." 

Eunbi paused as the sudden realization that she couldn't just simply leave the younger by themselves. Especially when they had to find out what was happening to them, she looked over at the dark-haired female who was sitting down across from her, and her lips curled into a soft smile. She had some sort of intuition telling her that she should bring them with her. "Sure, just give me a bit, I have to change." Her feet naturally lead her to her bedroom, and before the tips of her fingertips could curl at the bottom of her shirt to pull it off, another realization hit her. Hyewon was still in the room. She looked over her shoulder only to have her eyes meet with the doe eyes of the other female in the room who was staring right at her. "Hyewon-ssi..." the elder managed to pushed pass her lips.

"What is it?" 
"Do you think... you could wait outside? It'll only be a minute. I can't really change if you're in the apartment..." Eunbi managed to let out a soft but nervous laugh as her hands came down to her sides. 

The two stared at each other with an awkward silence between them before a loud "AH!" managed to escaped Hyewon's lips as if a sudden revelation had come through. "There's no need to be ashamed of yourself." 

Eunbi stared at Hyewon with a surprised and confused look on her face, one of her eyebrows quirked as she tried to process where the other was trying to go with their statement. 

"You have a nice body," Hyewon finished with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter