CHAPTER 2

baby blue

Taking care of a baby is no easy job. The past few days were quite a mess for all four of them. Well, especially for Seulgi and Irene that did not have any younger siblings. In Sooyoung’s defence, her sisters were just only a few years younger than her, so she never really took care of a toddler by herself as they grew up together. The only experienced one is Yerim and thanks god, or else chaos will indeed be taking place in the dorm. It is also fortunate that Seungwan is an obedient and loveable child, so she did not cause much trouble for the unnies. They are the main cause of their headaches instead.

For instance, Seulgi forgot to measure the milk’s temperature on her palm before feeding it to Seungwan. She burnt her tongue in this case and cried for quite a while as Seulgi went total mayhem when she thought that Seungwan was feeling unwell. On the other day, Sooyoung was playing around with the child by carrying her and running around the house. They were having fun until Sooyoung was not cautious enough, which result in Seungwan hitting her forehead against the corner. Her forehead immediately became red and swollen, and Sooyoung was more than sorry when Seungwan was bawling as Joohyun was applying ointment on the bump. Joohyun, on the other hand, was a quick learner. Her natural motherly instincts helped her to take care of little Seungwan, and she had read quite a few books on how to take care of a toddler. The effects were quite evident; at least Seungwan never cried because of Joohyun. Yerim (now known as the child expert within them) deal with Seungwan “professionally.” Her years of experience in taking care of her baby sisters were useful, and she is now the ‘teacher’ in the group, where the members always asked for her help.

Things were getting better after a few days. Seungwan is close to the members right now, and the girls absolutely adore her. Just like Seungwan, little Seungwan is the embodiment of an angel. She never threw a tamper and act like a brat (in Yerim’s words) like some other toddlers. She eats all her food (including the vegetables), and to their amusement, baby Wannie loves to do aegyo. They were taking thousands of pictures and videos of the child—Seungwan eating, sleeping, running around in her short legs, and of course, her acting cute. As mentioned, little Seungwan is an obedient child, so she just listens to any requests from the unnies. The members were having fun, as Seungwan refused any version of aegyo. Now, as a child, she does aegyo all day long, and the unnies love it so much and will instantly melt when she does the magic.

Even as a child, the main vocal Seungwan still shows. Her favourite cartoon right now is Pororo, and she can sing the song perfectly except for slightly mispronouncing some words. She sings it all the time, and the unnies will gladly be her audience and of course, more videos. Joohyun also taught Seungwan her favourite child song, the tomato song (AUTHOR: erm I don’t know the real name haha I just saw she sing it on weekly idol) and they sing it together now. The members teased their unnie for enjoying a child song as much as a real child would.

The unnies will also fight over each other for sleeping with Seungwan. As she is a toddler, one of them needs to sleep with her. (The first time they let her nap on the bed by herself, she turned as she slept and fell from the bed) Everyone wanted to sleep with Seungwan, and after rounds of rock paper scissors, they decide to go with the age sequence. Seungwan slept with Joohyun on the first night then Seulgi, Sooyoung and Yerim.

Nevertheless, they all agreed that it was the best sleep they ever had. And of course, the unnies did not miss the chance of dressing up Seungwan in the cutest outfit. In just a span of around 4 to 5 days, Seungwan now had a full collection of costumes in her room. From the fluffy dresses to overalls, she has everything. It does not help that her unnies are shopping tremendously without any sign of stopping. It was only January, and in the Winter yet she has outfits for Summer already. ( though they wish to have adult Seungwan back soon) Their most favourite one ( got 4/4 votes) is the hamster onesie that Joohyun bought.

Soon, it was time for them to depart to Chile for the SM town concert. Although Seungwan has a passport, they decided to not bring her along. They were afraid that they will be busy with their work and can’t take good care of her. So even though they will miss her a lot, they decided to leave without Seungwan reluctantly. Sooyoung had contacted her parents, and they were more than happy to take care of a cute little girl. The day before they need to go to the airport, they brought Seungwan to Sooyoung’s parents’ house. Sooyoung’s parents adore the little girl, and Seungwan was happy playing along with Haetnim and Joy’s caring young sisters. Just as the girls were about to leave, Seungwan sensed that they were leaving without her. They all went to the door, yet nobody was holding her. She quickly ran towards the door and held on to Seulgi’s jacket while looking up with pouty mouth and watering eyes.

“I’m sorry, Wannie ya. But unnies have work, and we might not be able to take good care of you,” Joohyun squatted down and meet Seungwan’s eye level.

“You can stay here, and my parent will take really good care of you, and we will be back in no time, my dear,” Sooyoung, hug and pat Seungwan’s head affectionately.

Seulgi took out the mini Manen from the bag and offered it to Wannie. Even though Seungwan took it, the child was not happy at all, and her eyes were filled with tears.

Yerim pinched Seungwan’s cheeks, which normally will elicit giggles from the child, yet Seungwan proceeds to hug Yerim as tight as she can not to let them go.

They tried to talk and console the sad child, but she was on the verge of tears, and the unnies were even flustered right now. Even Yerim(the child expert) had no idea what to do. Sooyoung’s parents tell them to leave now before Seungwan starts to cry, so they left quickly. As the door was closed, a loud cry was heard from the inside alongside Ms Park's voice, trying to console the baby. The members felt like their heart shattered into pieces when they hear Seungwan crying, but they had no choice to leave. Seungwan should stay here.

On the way back and until the night, the members were in a solemn mood. The usually cheerful voices in the dorm were gone as the child was not there.

“I miss Wannie already,” Seulgi sat down with her cup noodles. The members were all in the living room after packing their stuff. They are not planning to sleep as the flight is 4 am, and they will be leaving the dorm at 2 am. It is already half past 11 right now. Besides, the flight to Chile takes almost a day. They could sleep on the aeroplane.

“Girls, I just remembered, I did not tell manager unnie to cancel Wannie’s plane ticket.” Joohyun suddenly sat up and looked at the members.

“Should I tell her now? But isn’t it too late to cancel it?”

“It’s alright unnie, just let it be. I think its too late to cancel, and since SM is the one paying, there is no harm done,” Yerim shrug as the rest of the members laughed.

(Author’s note: SM PLEASE TREAT MY GIRLS WELL !!!)

Sooyoung’s phone rang. She looked at the contact and felt strange as it was from her mother.

“Why is my mum calling me? It is already 11.30 pm, and they are normally asleep by now,”

“Oh no, is it about Wannie?” Seulgi words make them all nervous too, and Sooyoung quickly answered the call.

She turned it on speaker, and sure enough, Ms Park's voice came along with a crying background.

“Sooyoung ah, we tried our best to console Wannie, but she had not stopped crying since you guys left. She refused to eat anything and sleep. Maybe you guys should come,”

 

 

The girls immediately rushed out of their dorm and went to Sooyoung parents’ house after hearing what Ms Park said. It is fortunate that it only takes a half an hour car ride to Sooyoung parents’ house. Seulgi drove as fast as the law allowed her to. Once they reached their destination, Ms Park and the rest of the family were already standing outside. Seungwan is in Soori’s (I made up Joy sister’s name) arm, and little sniffles could be heard.

As soon as Seungwan caught sight of the members, she tried to wriggle out from Soori’s arms to them. Her eyes were puffy and cheek red. Seulgi quickly ran over and took her in her arms. Seungwan buried her head in Seulgi’s neck and let out a whimper.

“Un…unnie, don’t..don’t leave Wannie a…alone,’ Her voice was slightly raspier, and she was hiccupping due to crying for a long time.

If it was possible, the pieces of their heart shattered even more, and they were immensely guilty for coming up with the decision to leave Seungwan alone.

After apologizing to Sooyoung’s family, they left and now with Seungwan along. She finally fell asleep in Sooyoung’s lap on the car ride back. But she grasped the fabric of Sooyoung’s hoodie tightly and snuck in as close as she can into her lap. Seungwan was afraid to let go. She was scared they will leave her again when she is sleeping.

She jerked awake when Sooyoung move slightly to adjust her position to let Seungwan sleep in a more comfortable posture. Sooyoung immediately cooed and caressed Seungwan’s hair and lured her back to dreamland.

Upon looking at this site, the member's heart clenched again. They swear inwardly not to leave Seungwan alone again. As much as Seungwan relies on them, they need her as much as well.

 

As soon as they reached the dorm, it was already quite late. Joohyun quickly packed Seungwan’s luggage while the rest of the members were washing up Seungwan. She was exhausted from all the crying and slept through the bath. But Sooyoung still let her sleep in her arms because the members were afraid that she might wake up again.

The girls take turns to carry Seungwan as they prepared themselves to go to the airport. Luckily, they will be entering the airport through the VIP lane, which means no reporters will be there. And the fact that the schedule is private and in the dead of night. It helped to prevent getting unwanted attention.

They arrived at the airport safely and passed the customs. By this time, Seungwan was already awake, and she is happy that she is not separated from her unnies. Yerim pinched her fluffy cheeks affectionately, which finally elicit a bright giggle from the toddler.

“Hyunnie, Wannie is hungry,” Seungwan pointed her tummy and pouted. She still had a hard time pronouncing their names fully, so she gave them nicknames instead. (Joohyun unnie= Hyunnie, Seulgi unnie= SeulSeul, Sooyoung unnie=Youngie, Yerim unnie=Rimmie)

Joohyun gave her some fruits and bread she prepared back in the dorm as she has foreseen this scene. Seungwan happily munched on the food and stuffed her cheeks while the members were busy taking pictures of her. She is the star of their group right now.

The plane ride went on smoothly. Little Seungwan’s charm made the flight attendances fell in love with her too. The members were like proud parents when the flight attendants praised Seungwan. Truthfully speaking, they are indeed her parents in this unpredictable situation. Who knew their member would have turned into a child over the night. They miss their Seungwan even if baby Seugwan cuteness is out of this world. After this concert, they will have to put in effort into searching for ways to turn her back.

After almost two days ride, they had finally reached Chile. The rehearsals for the concert will be two days later, so they will not meet their sunbaes and hoobaes yet. Manager unnie said that they are free to do whatever they want.

The first day in Chile was mostly spent resting in the hotel. Little Seungwan got a little plane sick and was fatigued by the long aeroplane ride. The members were knocked out too, so they slept for quite a few hours and relaxed for the day.

On the 2nd day, Seungwan had recovered and is the energetic, cheerful ball of fluff again. They decided to do some nearby touring after getting enough rest.

After that, the day of the rehearsal begins.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, here is chapter 2! I really hope you guys will like it and as always feel free to leave any comments! I like to read the comments whether it is a positive one or a negative one. And chapter 3 is a complete blank right now lol I have the ending planned out but I don't really know how should I go with the process, you guys can leave some ideas for me too! Until we meet again, stay healthy and safe :)