Chapter 1: THE MARK OF BOLT

The Twelve Half-bloods and the Cursed Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"That's all for today, class dismissed," the teacher called after hearing the bell. Students inside the classroom arranged their things inside their bag before going out of the room. A blonde girl faced another girl beside her and tapped her shoulder.

"Ya, Ahn Yujin! Didn't you hear the bell? For god's sake, stop sleeping in our classes!" she exclaimed, still shaking the girl whose face is buried on her desk.

"Hii-chan, I am sleepy. Just leave me and I'll follow you on next subject," she replied and turned her face away from the one who was waking her up. Yujin binged watch a show last night and didn't notice the sun was rising already, so she came to school without sleep.

"It's lunchtime, stupid. Let's go grab some food, I know you didn't have your breakfast," Hitomi stood up and forcefully dragged Yujin out of the room, the girl's eyes were closed, probably still in her own dreamland.

"I will just eat when I go home, can I just sleep? I want sleep," she cried while hanging on Hitomi's arms, making the girl stumble as they walk the hallway.

"You can sleep after class, at your home! I think it's enough for you to make this school your bed, you'll fail every single subjects we have if you keep this attitude of yours, beanpole. We're already on the last school semester. Just hang on for two more weeks." The two went down the stairs and headed to first floor, to where the cafeteria was. Hitomi made Yujin sit on the vacant chair and asked her what she wants for lunch, to which Yujin replied with a lazy "I want sleep for lunch," answer and received a head smack from Hitomi.

"That's a sweet lunch, I ate them well," she frowned.

"Will you please cut off obsessing over sleep? I might end up making you rest six feet below the ground," Hitomi warned.

"Fine, I'm sorry," she replied, raising both her hands up signaling a surrender. Both laughed at the silliness they're doing.

"I want Donkatsu for lunch, are you buying?" Yujin asked.

Hitomi raised her eyebrows and opened her palm, giving Yujin a 'in your wildest dreams, give me your money' look. Yujin could only shake her head before giving Hitomi her money. She was left alone, Hitomi was falling in line at the canteen, ordering a Donkatsu and Cheese Hotdog for their lunch.

Yujin was browsing through her phone while waiting for Hitomi to come, until she felt someone sitting in front of her, she gazed her attention away from her phone and looked at the girl with a brown, bobbed cut hair.

"Hi, Chaewon," she greeted.

"Hey, why are you alone?" she asked. Yujin pouted at Hitomi's direction not far away from them, the girl was still waiting for her order to arrive. Chaewon's mouth shaped "Oh" and placed her tray on the table.

"PE class in an hour, you're not changing your uniform yet? You know how much Mr. Choi hate late comers," she started a conversation. Yujin noticed Chaewon was already in her PE uniform, she shrugged, answering her they'll change after eating.

"Two portions of Yukhoe? I see you're hungry as hell, Chaewon," Yujin chuckled.

"Nah, the other one's for Sakura. She went to the rest room to change her uniform. I'm not a glutton like you think I am, Yujin-ah," she defended. The two continued talking until Hitomi reached their spot, placing a Donkatsu on Yujin's table and sat beside the girl.

"Hi, Chae." Hitomi greeted.

"Hello, Hitomi, had another headache from this girl?" she asked as she motioned to Yujin.

"There's no single peaceful day when I'm with Yujin, you know? She's such a headache," she grunted.

"It's nice to talk ill of a friend in front her, isn't it?" Yujin interrupted.

"You know you're a headache yourself, Yujin. There's no need for us to stab you from the back," Chaewon said.

"Headache, headache, I ain't no headache!" Yujin exclaimed and rolled her eyes at the two.

"Aren't you proud to be a headache? That's how Athena was born, just so you know, and now she's known as the strategic brain of war," The three looked to where the voice came from, and saw Sakura in her full Physical Education uniform with a backpack hanging on her shoulder. She sat beside Chaewon, and started rummaging through her favorite dish, yukhoe.

"She's always been bragging about this Athena girl. Is that a new girlfriend, Sakura? Her name doesn't seem local. Perhaps you hooked up with a foreigner?" Chaewon choked at Yujin's reply and bursted out laughing. Sakura glared at her and gave her a deadly stare. With tears of laugh in her eyes, she wiped it while repeating the word "girlfriend."

"You're insulting Athena, the goddess of wisdom!" Sakura scowled at Yujin.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know you're into Greek things," she replied. Chaewon had finally calm down and continued eating her lunch.

Hitomi could only sigh at the sight of the three brawling over what she believed a "non-existent goddess." She didn't believe in those, tales that were invented by early poets only for pure entertainment. The sort of stories people will tell on a long winter's evening.

 

 

 

"Yujin-ah, can you be more faster? We'll be late on PE Class," Sakura knocked on the cubicle where Yujin was changing her uniform. 30 minutes before PE Class, the four girls decided to go to their next class together, and they went to the restroom for Hitomi and Yujin to change their clothes. Hitomi was already done and went out of the cubicle just 5 minutes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter