Nowhere Vital

Wrecking Ball
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Stop wriggling. You're only making it worse."

 

 

I placed my hands firmly on Dahyun's upper arms to stop her from moving immediately thereafter is a crackle of electricity.

 

 

I felt short waves of electric shock running through my body from our point of contact, shoots from my fingertips, passing through her apparently then crawls right back to me just like a complete circuit.

 

 

It was weird and unnerving for I'm touching a clothed part of Dahyun.

 

 

If it's a skin-to-skin contact... Just the idea made me shiver.

 

 

"L-let me c-check if I can untangle some of the strands." I hate how my voice sound hoarse and raspy.

 

 

I started working on the knotted parts, inspecting it carefully like a specimen under microscope.

 

 

"It won't be easy freeing them and you moving along will only make it harder." It was a maze, going over and under, rotating and turning strand after strand of hair, hoping that following this pattern will undo the knots and not create more. My composure and focus returning.

 

 

"But if you want this gone quickly, we can just grab a scissor." I can't help but add, to lighten the suddenly charged and tension filled surrounding.

 

 

Amused by the glare and the eye roll that followed, I decided to tease you more.

 

 

"What? Short hair will look cuter on you." You are caught off guard by my direct compliment. You quickly hide your face away by tucking your chin down but not before I caught a glimpse of pink blossoming from your cheeks.

 

 

Oops, too much too soon?

 

Dahyun smells nice. A powdery scent with a hint of Lavender teased my nostrils as I continue to unravel the knots from her thick and silky hair, the task at hand became unbearably slow, intoxicatingly nonetheless, my fingers moving gently against each strand, burrowing softly, brushing, just feeling...

 

 

How can a simple touch and an ordinary scent heightened my senses baffle me. And the thundering beats against my rib cage continuously rattling my balance made me weak on the knees. Thank God, I'm not standing right now.

 

 

I wished Dahyun isn't aware of the pounding of my heart but then again, it's impossible. Her ears are practically glued to my chest so no sire, can't hide nor deny.

 

 

I pressed the seat's button as soon as I successfully freed Dahyun's head, surprising us both in yet another unexpected movement with her landing heavily onto my lap.

 

 

Our faces came about a mere inch away from each other, I saw clearly when her nose starts flaring, amber irises dilating in utter shock like a deer caught in headlights and her lips in frozen Oh. I felt cold hands around my neck.

 

 

When I said I want us to get to know each other better, this didn't cross my mind. Ever. Never.

 

 

Reality dawned and she jumps off of me like a cat struck by lightning, hitting her head hard in the roof of the car. Ouch!

 

 

It hurt. I'm sure because Dahyun winced in pain and groaned loudly as she sat back. She mutters under her breath, curse her frustration, embarrassment or something entirely different, I can only guess.

 

 

Dahyun huffs to herself as she kept the injured, probably swelling by now, portion of her head. She starts the car.

 

 

Right there and then I knew, this is going to be the longest ride.

 

 

But I was wrong.

 

 

We arrive to my house faster than I anticipated. You never asked for my address but knew where to go just the same. It confuses me but I didn't show. I don't intend to make a big deal out of it although the thought of you knowing something personal about me, no matter how trivial a detail it may seem, is enough to make me smile to myself. Fool, Sana.

 

 

"I know your address." Obviously, we're here.

 

 

"From your 201 file." Dahyun supplied, catching my slight jerk she elaborates. "I accidentally read it when I helped out Chaeyoung with sorting and filing. Sorry."

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter