Prologue

A Superhero Story

 


He sat on the rooftop, his long legs dangling over the edge. The last rays of the sun were painting the sky in hues of red and orange and the city of Seoul was slowly sinking into the night.  Sirens were blaring in the distance, steadily nearing.

 


But he still had time. 

 


Throwing his head back, he leaned on his palms, gazing at the starry sky. He was damn sweaty. The suit was nice, hugged his body in all the right places, and allowed him to move freely but on hot nights like this, it was pure torment. The material was sticking to him like glue and he could already see himself struggling his way out of it once he got home. He would probably have to ask his brother to help him get out of it.

 


He sighed, out of the corner of his eye he could see the rapid blinking of red and blue lights, a sign that the police cars will pass by him very soon and he was about to get up, but he was momentarily distracted by the giant billboard across the street.

 


’BEAST IS OUR HERO!’ Read the bold black letters above his blurry picture, adorned a claw marks on each side. The title was accompanied by a blurry picture of him, climbing up a street pole - probably a fan taken photo of him in action. The whole city was littered with these types of billboards ever since he appeared on the title page of The Daily Eagle. 

 


He snorted, jumping to his feet lightly and stretching his long limbs before stepping into nothing. His body plummeted through the air, everything becoming blurry for a second before he gracefully landed on his feet, twelve stories lower, the fire staircase rattling under his weight 

 


The police cars were almost here and he got ready for one more jump. He glanced back up at the billboard, noting down that next time he sees someone with a camera he has to pose properly. This picture did no justice to his backside.

 


A second after, he was jumping over the railing, the sound of sirens quieting down.

 

 

 


Okay.... So here we have something like a preview ^_^ Because why not? Chapter 1 coming soon^^

 

TWITTER: @FLOWBEAT4