Chapter 2

Two of A Kind

A smile appeared on Eunwoo's lips as he watches his girlfriend take down the bubble tea like a happy child. She seems so focused on savoring every sip she takes. The drink is probably the second-best thing to ever exist in this world for Soojin. Eunwoo being the number one. The boy intertwines his fingers with hers as they stroll down the lane, making her smile. The Gangnam district is well-populated with tall office buildings, giant shopping malls, small shops, and restaurants. It's where people can find everything in one place.

"Oh." Eunwoo stops on his trail. His eyebrows rise as he points at the restaurant in the corner. 

"Hm?" Soojin looks at the boy and shifts her gaze. Her eyes widen as she recognizes the place. "Oh!" 

It's his favorite noodle restaurant in Gangnam. The place usually has a long line extending to the outside of the restaurant. It's a popular site in the area, and people are willing to wait no matter how long it takes. It is that good. The fact that there's no line visible at sight right now is uncommon.

They glance at each other and smile immediately as their gaze met. 

That's the cue. 

"Let's go~" Eunwoo happily marches towards the entrance. 

He pushes the glass door forward, making a gentle breeze blow past them. The restaurant is full of people though there are some empty spots still available. The pleasant scent of herbs and spices makes their mouths water instantly. A host immediately walks up to them and leads them to a table at the corner of the room. 

"Whoa, this place is crowded." Soojin settles down and places her bag on the chair next to her. 

Eunwoo looks to his surroundings and nods. "Their noodle is the best in town. No wonder why." 

"Here's the menu, sir." a lady suddenly comes up and places two pieces of paper down on their table. Her gaze fixed on him. "Let me know when you're ready." she winks and walks away. 

Soojin blinks as she watches the girl from behind. "Heol. She didn't even acknowledge me." 

That's one of the perks of dating Cha Eunwoo. Even strangers love him at first sight. It was hard at first to have people swooning over her boyfriend when they're together. It's something that she's trying to get used to still. His tall figure and perfect facial features grab people's attention wherever they go. Cha Eunwoo is a walking perfection. Sometimes Soojin wonders why he isn't in an idol group. 

After giving them time to look and contemplate what they want to choose from the menu, the waitress comes back to the table.  

"All set?" she asks, standing next to the boy. Probably too close of a distance. 

Eunwoo's gaze shifts up. "Oh, yeah. I'll get number 5, please." 

"That's a good pick." she giggles and tucks her hair behind her ear. 

Soojin holds the urge to roll her eyes. "Patience, Soojin-ah." she thinks to herself. A sigh escapes her lips as she fiddles with her fingers. Her eyes still glued on the menu. Her cheeks are starting to flush because of annoyance, even though she's trying hard to look unbothered.

"Oh, I would also recommend these side dishes-" the girl bends towards him as she flips the paper to the other side. 

Eunwoo turns his gaze towards Soojin. He notices the change of expression written all over her face.

"How about you, my precious baby?" Eunwoo suddenly asks, cutting the girl's sentence. 

Soojin automatically looks up, caught off guard by the words that just came out of his mouth. "M-me? Uh,"  Her heart skips a beat, and her cheeks blush."I'll get number 5 as well," she says. 

The waitress sighs and furrows her eyebrows in annoyance. "Anything else?" 

"I think we're good," Eunwoo replies sternly.

"The orders will be coming up soon." she picks up the menus and walks away. The girl then glances at Soojin and gives her a dirty look. 

"Heol." Soojin lets out a sigh in disbelief. "She looks like she's so ready to kill me." 

Eunwoo scoffs. "Ya, no one's going to kill you," he says, followed by a chuckle. 

"It was too cheesy, anyway." Soojin sips on her bubble tea.

Eunwoo frowns. "It wasn't. You are my precious baby."

"Ya, stop with the cheesiness." Soojin protests, trying to conceal the fact that her heart is thumping like crazy right now.

"Well, somebody is blushing." he taps on his cheek and chuckles, signaling that she's turning red.  "She clearly likes it."

Soojin widens her eyes and holds her cheeks in defense. "I-i'm not!" 

 

~

 

The starry sky slowly rolls around after the sun comes down. Hours feel like seconds when people spend time with their loved ones. At the Han Riverside, Eunwoo and Soojin lay next to each other on the green grass. Her arm flails in the air, pointing at the gleaming stars scattered across the dark blue sky. Eunwoo places his arm behind the crook of her neck, letting the girl lean comfortably. 

"So pretty," she comments, a smile curved on her lips. 

Eunwoo glances at her lovingly, his eyes studying her facial features. There are not enough words in this world to express how in love he is with the girl next to him. She's the most beautiful girl he's ever seen. The way her eyes curve when she smiles, the way her cheeks flush when she's embarrassed, and the way her touch feels on him, Eunwoo feels like the luckiest man alive. 

"I'm going to name that star and make it mine!" Soojin chirps in excitement as she points up. "You should-" the girl looks towards the man next to him, and her eyes immediately widen when she meets his gaze.

Eunwoo's looking deeply into her eyes, their faces only a few inches apart. Soojin can feel her heartbeat pounding rapidly, and her cheeks burning. His hand then reaches to cup her face.

That's all it takes. 

Eunwoo leans towards her, and their lips met. Soojin shuts her eyes, her soft lips moving in rhythm with his. The world suddenly becomes silent, and she couldn't think of anything anymore. All she feels is Eunwoo's presence in this world. The boy slowly hovers above her, and she wraps her arms around his neck.

A sudden vibration from his pocket makes the boy pull away from the kiss. He slides out his phone and sighs immediately. 

Soojin knows what it means exactly. She looks at him and smiles. "It's okay." she his hair. He needs to come back home before his crazy father sends his goons to find him.  

Eunwoo pouts and lets out a sigh. "I can't wait to graduate and get out of that house." 

"Me too," she nods in reply. 

"Let's go. I'll walk you home." Eunwoo stands up and offers his hand towards the girl.

 

~

 

Jaehyun takes out his lighter and snaps it open. He lights the cigarette in between his lips. The boy takes inhales the smoke and puffs it out. Thank the heavens for a back balcony. Jaehyun knows that he can't live without one in his house. He slides out his phone and frowns in annoyance.

He takes the cigarette out of his mouth and exhales. "They just can't leave me alone, can they." the boy mutters.

Jaehyun slides his phone back into his pockets and leans toward the rails of the balcony. His brows lifted when he sees two figures standing underneath the lamp post. A scoff escapes his lips when he watches the other person planting a kiss on another's forehead. "Of course. Love birds."

The pair then walk separate ways, and Jaehyun's gaze falls onto the figure who's walking towards the back gate of the apartment complex. His eyes widen when the light illuminates her face.

"Crazy neighbor?" he mumbles in disbelief, a sly smile appears on his lips.