Chapter 1

Two of A Kind

"Let's do this." Soojin twists the mascara tube and pulls out the wand. She leans forward to the mirror and adjusts her face to get a better angle of her eyelashes. She takes a deep breath and carefully applies the black mascara, trying not to ruin her eye makeup. forms an "0" as she delicately coats her right lashes. "There we go." she straightens up and checks herself in the mirror. It was a successful attempt. "Time for the left one," she in a deep breath and leans forward towards the mirror. Makeup is one of the things Soojin finds tricky. The girl is pretty much good at figuring out most things, but when it comes to putting on her face, especially mascara, she hasn't got a hold of it. Soojin widens her eye as she carefully makes her way towards the inner corner of her eye. "Almost done... you can do it Kang Soojin-" 

THUMP!

The sudden noise outside of her apartment door made her jump instantly, making her accidentally poke her eye. 

"Ow!" Soojin flinches and jolts back. She then slowly opens her eyes and blinks a few times to ease the pain away. "Oh my God,"  All hope is lost. A scoff escapes her lips when she looks at her reflection in the mirror. She can see the black goop painted on her eyelid. Her effort has officially gone to waste. She had spent an hour doing her makeup, and it took one second to ruin everything. "Aishhhhhh," she whines as she drops the mascara tube on the table. "I give up." Soojin takes a piece of cotton round, soaks it in makeup remover, and quickly rubs it over her eyelids. 

The initial plan was to rock that new makeup look on her date with Eunwoo today since it'll be their last date before school officially starts tomorrow. She was so excited to show him another side of her, but it seems like it's not happening today. Her phone suddenly buzzes, making her gaze shifts over it. 

 

Eunwoo Oppa: I'm on my way. See you in a bit. <3

 

A smile appears on her lips instantly as Soojin reads the text message. 

 

Me: See you in a bit Oppa ^^~

 

She taps the send button and immediately continues to fix her makeup. "What was that sound anyway?" Soojin mumbles as she dabs the Qtip on the corner of her eyes. She looks at her phone screen once more to check the time. "Shoot." she quickly finishes up and runs towards her closet when she realizes that she's running out of time. Eunwoo might be close already. They agreed to meet at the park nearby at 1 pm, sparing her 20 minutes to get ready before he gets there. Soojin quickly puts on a dark blue denim skirt and a white blouse. She then braids her hair into a side braid and stands in front of the full-length mirror for the last time. "Looking good," Soojin smiles and hurriedly takes her bag. She slips on a pair of white sneakers and grabs the key from the hanger. 

The girl twists the doorknob open, only to be unexpectedly greeted by a tall stack of brown boxes in front of her door. "What the-" she widens her eyes in surprise as she glances around. Soojin lives at the very end of the corridor, and the boxes are completely blocking the only way out she's got. The girl could hear a man's voice behind the boxes. It seems like somebody is moving into the apartment next door. "New neighbor?" she wonders. 

"God damn it." the sound of footsteps approaching and a male voice echoes in the corridor. 

Soojin tries to lean over to the right side, trying to get a better view of who's coming. The boxes are all over the place, and they're taller than her. It's completely blocking her view and pathway. She could see a glimpse of a guy carrying another huge box towards her. 

"Excuse me," Soojin calls out. 

The boy leans forward slightly and lets go of the box, creating a big thud on the ground. The sound makes the girl jump slightly, and she recalls the exact noise from earlier that day. "That was him." she thinks.

"." the boy grunts and stretches his back. He then turns around and walks towards the stairs.

"Whoa, wait." Soojin raises her eyebrows. 

"Excuse me, sir!" she calls out again, this time louder.

The male glances towards her, and she waves her arm between the spaces of the boxes.

"These are your boxes, right? I need to get through. C-could you please move these away?" she says.

The boy scoffs and continues walking.

Soojin blinks a few times, shocked by the response she got. "Heol. Unbelievable."  She slides out her phone and sighs. She doesn't have time for this. "Ya!" Soojin exclaims. 

He doesn't even acknowledge her. 

Soojin scoffs in annoyance. "If you're not moving these away, then I'll do it myself," she says. 

She starts pushing the tall box further, as she tries to squeeze herself in to escape. It becomes unsteady and before they know it,

THUD!

A loud noise echoed in the hallway the moment the giant box touched the floor. 

The male stops on his tracks and turns around. "Ya! Are you crazy?!" he widens his eyes in horror. 

Soojin covers in surprise. That was not part of the plan. All she wanted was to get out. "I-I'm sorry." 

"What did you do?!"  

"I'm very sorry." the girl bows as the feeling of guilt washes over her. 

"Sorry?" He raises his brows as he looks at the girl. 

"I'll pay for whatever is inside if it's broken." Soojin looks down. 

The boy scoffs and crosses his arms. "You won't be able to pay for it anyway. You shouldn't have touched it in the first place."  

Her ears perk up. Now, this isn't entirely her fault is it. "I just wanted to get through. Maybe you shouldn't put them in front of my door in the first place,"  she replies, slightly annoyed. 

The boy senses the sassiness in her tone. "There's no written rule that I shouldn't put anything here," he says casually. "Besides, I didn't know I'd have an annoying neighbor next to me." 

"Annoying? Neighbor? Who even is this guy?!" Her eyes widen in surprise. "E-excuse me?" Soojin scoffs in disbelief. This guy is raising her blood pressure. 

He in a deep breath and ruffles his hair. "I don't have time to talk to you annoying lady," he says, waving his hand, shooing her away. 

"This guy is out of his mind." Soojin couldn't believe what she's seeing in front of her. The girl inhales deeply and clenches her fists. She knows she needs to step up for herself this time. "I'm sorry that I knocked your box over. But you should know not to block someone's only way out of her apartment. It's called common sense." Soojin says. The girl then turns around and makes her way towards the stairs angrily. She barely talks back to people. But for some reason, this guy just got into her nerves. 

The boy lets out a scoff as he watches the figure going down the stairs. "Crazy chic." he rolls his eyes and lifts the box. "She's kind of cute, though." he thinks as a smirk appears on his lips.

 

~

 

It's undeniably a pleasant Sunday today. The sun is up, and the sky is clear. The birds are chirping, and the children are running around on the green open field. The weather is warm and relaxing. Everything is just right. The park near the Han River is where Eunwoo first took Soojin on a date. Hence, making it his favorite place to spend time and relax with her. 

A gentle breeze brushes against Eunwoo's skin as a couple of bicycle speeds pass him. He gazes over to his watch for the third time. "Where is she?" he mumbles. The boy has been standing on the same spot waiting for his girlfriend. His eyebrows lifted when he sees a familiar figure walking speedily from the entrance of the park. Her eyes wander around, looking for a particular person. A smile curves on his lips when she takes the wrong turn and continues to look around. "Cute." he couldn't help but giggle. 

Soojin stops next to an empty bench as her eyes scan the area, hoping to see a familiar face. She slides out her phone and starts typing a text message. Eunwoo tiptoes towards her, trying to make as little noise as possible. He then stops behind her and leans forward slightly, close enough for him to whisper something on her ear.

"Kang Soojin-ssi," he says, making the girl jump and twirls around instantly.

"Holy-" she widens her eyes in surprise and steps back. Relief washes over her when she sees the familiar figure laughing in front of her. "Oppa!" she protests. 

Eunwoo laughs at her reaction. "You're so cute." 

Soojin frowns and hits his shoulder playfully. "Not funny." she crosses her arms.

"Sorry, I can't help it." he grins and pulls her into his arms. "Well, somebody was late, so I thought she deserved it."

She looks up at pouts. "Sorry. I had to deal with a stupid person earlier."

"Hm? Who is it that pissed my girlfriend off?" he raises his eyebrows in curiosity.

"It's the guy next door." she rolls her eyes.

"Neighbor? Somebody finally moved in?" 

Soojin nods. "Looks like it. Not a good thing, though." she sighs as she recalls the guy's nuisance. 

Eunwoo smiles. "Aigoo. Someone's not having a good start of their day." he her hair. "How about we get some bubble tea?"

Soojin's face lightens up immediately. "Sounds like a plan." she nods in excitement. There's nothing a boba tea can't fix in this world.

The boy chuckles at her reaction and takes her hand. "Let's go then."

She smiles and walks next to him. "Oh, Oppa," she calls out. "What did you tell your dad?" she asks. 

"Told him that I'm going to play ball with Binnie," he replies. 

"Ah," Soojin responds. 

Dating Cha Eunwoo comes with a lot of prices. Although everyone thinks that he's almost perfect, the boy is born into wealth, meaning that he also has little independence. His family owns multiple businesses in Seoul, and the crucial part is that his dad is the CEO of the school they're attending. He can't do anything that he pleases, because his parents have planned his life for him already. He needs to keep their relationship a secret from his family, or God knows what they'll do to her. The only freedom Eunwoo can feel is whenever he's by her side. She's the only source of happiness he has, the only person that can help him get through things every day. She's all he could ever ask for.