Chemistry

My Heart Is Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chaewon scrambled over her notes, her eyes scanning every bit of her messy handwriting. She swore this was the proper way to do this experiment as she measured whatever white powder was on the digital scale. They all look the same to her. Wait, was that the correct chemical? Or was it this other white powder? She didn't think there could be much difference, right? 

 

The only thing that mattered was not making a fool out of herself in front of Olivia again. This was their third lab assignment together, and the previous experiments were a disaster. She wanted to impress Olivia with her smarts...too bad Chaewon was never a brainiac, to begin with, not to mention math and sciences were her worst subjects. Even if she was bright, the upperclassman quickly learned that the seemingly delinquent girl was brilliant. Hell, she never seemed to struggle in any of their assignments.

 

The least Chaewon could do was do her part. Well, the easy part of the assignment. The last time Olivia let Chaewon use the bunsen burner, the entire lab had to be evacuated because of the fire she had started. Olivia quickly learned that Chaewon was a clutz and could only be trusted with simple tasks and needed to be at least an arm's length away from any open fire.

 

"What the hell are you doing?"

 

The outburst startled the silver-haired girl, dropping powder all over the tabletop. "Huh?"

 

"Are you trying to blow us up?" Olivia rolled her eyes as she stopped the older girl from another chemical disaster. Of course, what was she thinking? Chaewon shouldn't have been trusted with chemicals, either. "Are you purposely trying to sabotage us?"

 

The upperclassman quickly shook her head in response, flashing a nervous smile to appease Olivia, hopefully. Chaewon swore she would be punched in the face one day by how hard the younger girl would glare at her.

 

Olivia took note of the bashful smile and the pink pinchable cheeks that Chaewon adorned on her face. Cute. Then she quickly came back to her senses, scoffing at herself. "Let me do the rest of this. It will be faster if I do it."

 

With no viable argument to make a comeback, Chaewon allowed Olivia to take over and sighed as she became a burden for her lab partner. She had no clue what she was doing. Maybe she would better understand the subject if the upperclassman didn't use their lecture period as naptime.

 

It didn't take long for Chaewon to fall into her routine of shamelessly staring at Olivia. The older girl honestly thought she was keeping her cool around the younger, but it was evident she was everything but that. Chaewon was always nervous around Olivia, either from being beaten up or the fact that Olivia possessed the most strikingly stunning visuals she had ever seen. How could it be so enticing while also looking so threatening at the same time? Chaewon figures it must be one of the world's seven wonders because her attention and thoughts would always be centered around Olivia. 

 

Chaewon let out a longing sigh as her eyes traced Olivia's side profile, starting from how her piercing eyes slightly creased together in complete focus as she handled the task at hand. Chaewon couldn't imagine how she would react if that same gaze were solely for her. She followed the gentle curve and slope of her nose down to her soft and plump lips where her eyes lingered at. Olivia's lips were unique, a pair of lips that Chaewon was sure were a signature feature for the ravenette. They naturally formed a triangular shape at rest and looked impossibly tempting and kissable. Kissable?! 

 

The upperclassman blushed bright red at the thought. Never once before had she had such vivid daydreams of such imagery. She imagined Olivia would push her against the countertop, her arms on either side of Chaewon, preventing the older girl from escaping. She was sure Olivia would cast a smirk as she leaned in and pressed her lips against hers-

 

"You're doing it again."

 

Chaewon's eyes widened, realizing she was caught in her reverie.

 

Olivia focused on their joint experiment, "Is there a reason you stare at me so much? Is there something on my face?" She bluntly asks.

 

The shorter girl's already reddened cheeks deepened in colors as her mind flashbacked to her daydream. "N-No. I-I-I just wanted to observe you."

 

Surprised by the straight answer, Olivia turned her attention to Chaewon, maintaining her steely gaze on the older girl.

 

Chaewon's voice stuttered, "I-I me-meant that I watch you so-" Her voice became small and almost inaudible as she continued her excuse. "I wanted to watch how you do these experiments." 

 

Olivia kept a nonchalant expression, unconvinced with the answer, but still hummed in response as she finished their work. As she turned away from the petite girl, she couldn't stop the corners of her lips from turning upwards to form a small smile.

 

 

 

Why does she always embarrass herself? Chaewon sighed as she flopped onto her bed after an exhausting day of classes. Her mind returned to the imagery of Olivia and her captivating lips—a continuation of their kiss scene, replaying repeatedly in her head.

 

The flustered silver-haired girl smothered her face into her pillow, letting out a high-pitched squeal as her legs kicked the mattress repeatedly. Chaewon had never experienced a crush like this since, ever. It was unexplainable. They barely knew each other, and here she was, fangirling hard over the thought of being with Olivia.

 

Chaewon wanted, no need, someone to talk to about this. The main issue was that the blonde didn't make any new friends yet. She was too shy to approach anyone in her classes. It didn't help that most people had already made cliques, making it much more challenging to greet a group. She also wasn't sure if she and Hyunjin were close enough to start spilling secrets about their romantic life.

 

There was only one person she could turn to. She quickly reached for her phone, opened Discord, and promptly found the person she needed to talk to. Without fail, her closest virtual friend was online when she was needed most.

 

Gowon: hihi

 

Olive: yo

 

Chaewon hesitated momentarily; they had never spoken of love interests before, but she figured it wouldn't hurt for them to start.

 

Gowon: so u know that I'm a girl, right

 

Olive: uhm...ok

 

Olive: omg, did u get a change?!

 

Gowon: no!

 

Gowon: wait, that's possible?

 

Olive: lol

 

Olive: yes

 

Gowon: I have so many questions

 

Gowon: anyways

 

Gowon: is it weird that…

 

Olive: ?

 

Gowon: I think

 

Gowon: I like girls too

 

Olive: oh?

 

Olive: well, spill the tea!

 

Gowon: this is serious!

 

Olive: fine

 

Olive: ( ಠل͟ಠ)

 

Chaewon instantly giggled at the sight of the weird emoji Olive sent. Olive really knew how to make her smile. If someone were watching Chaewon now, they would think she was crazy by how often she laughed with no one else in the r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter