Lost Wolf

My Heart Is Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It's been a couple of weeks since classes started and Hyejoo has started to get the hand of her new university life. Despite the freshman's image and constant complaints of school and threats to drop out, she was a straight-A student in high school, even taking advanced classes to earn college credits ahead of time. Other than gaming, there wasn't anything else she could do that would take up her time, so she dumped her free time studying.

 

As much as she didn't want to show it, she was at first intimidated by the upperclassman in her classes that were meant for sophomores and juniors. In high school, the totem pole of students was more apparent and almost treated like law, seniors always picked on the underclassmen, especially if you were a "nerd" for taking advanced classes. High schoolers judged, gossiped, bullied, and caused drama against one another. It could literally be considered hell for some. If it weren't for Hyejoo's mask, she would be sure that her life would have been much worse.

 

Sure there were some of the same in college, but most university students didn't find things like that important anymore. Seniority didn't matter as much, and instead, you were praised and recognized for being ahead of the curve. College students focused mainly on themselves worried about their careers and obtaining a good job right after they graduate. Hyejoo is somewhat envious of them. Though she is in college, she attended with an undeclared major and had no idea what she wanted to do with her life. To be frank, the ravenette had never put much thought into her future. She used to think it was rather pointless, or rather, she didn't want to think about it. 

 

University life was a drastic change, and Hyejoo was shell shocked by the difference in behavior by her fellow classmates. But life was better this way, it was less stressful, and it was easier to relax in her new environment. Maybe her sister was right. Perhaps it would be okay to show her true and vulnera- nevermind, she will maintain her facade. Olivia didn't trust the new faces around her just yet. Only her family and her best friend would know of Hyejoo.

 

"Okay, class, that is all for today you are dismissed. Please remember to be ready for your next lab with your new partners. That is all." The professor announced with a monotone voice, boredom was practically oozing from his mouth as he left the room faster than his students. 

 

Dammit, all. The freshman had no idea who her partner was, and she wasn't fond of working with others for assignments. Olivia would usually end up doing most of the work.

 

As the ravenette packed up her belongings, a presence approached her from behind with nervousness and a shaky small voice. Olivia groaned in annoyance at the stranger, as if she was communicating to hurry the hell up.

 

"U-Uhm." The girl stuttered over her words, making the tension between them more awkward. "Ar-Are you...Would you happen to be Hye-" 

 

"Olivia Hye. That's me. What do you want?" Olivia interrupted the timid girl to finish her sentence for her while she finished packing her bag. 

 

The voice squeaked in response. "O-Oh right, Uhm."

 

Olivia stood up and turned around to face the stranger and immediately recognized the girl, or rather, the living doll that bumped into her the first day of classes. She wouldn't admit it, but the doll-like beauty has been on her mind occasionally. How had she not seen her before? I guess that's what happens when you don't pay much attention to the students that surrounded her in the lecture hall.

 

Chaewon's eyes widened by the sudden face-to-face interaction. Seeing Olivia's face up close caused the butterflies in her stomach to flutter, but they instantly quieted down once she realized Olivia didn't seem to be pleased. As if Chaewon's very existence wasn't welcomed. The silver-haired girl has avoided the ravenette ever since she found out they were in the same class, making sure to sit behind her and out of sight. Since their first encounter, she had feared that she angered Olivia and would forever be on her bad side. Curse her awkward social self.

 

She also preferred to sit behind the freshman because Chaewon's eyes couldn't resist but to gaze upon the dark beauty known as Olivia. There was something about her that made her stand out from the crowd. It was not in a typical way, as one would think, but there was something mysterious and intriguing about the ravenette. 

 

As each day passed, Chaewon's curiosity intensified to the point where she was caught in Olivia's gravitational pull. Unable to escape from the invisible attraction towards the mysterious girl, she became a satellite helplessly in Olivia's orbit, her mind went in circles daydreaming of her. But The sophomore would deny her interest in the raven-haired girl. How could she be attracted to someone if they wanted to punch her in the face if she looked at her wrong?

 

It was just Chaewon's luck to get partnered with Olivia. Would it be considered bad or good luck? She guesses it was too early to tell, but for now, it's bad luck. Olivia was intimidating, and there was an off-putting aura around her that made it almost impossible to approach her. Chaewon even noticed the students around Olivia would make an effort not to look at Olivia in the eye in fear of getting hit. The older girl was sure all the work would be dumped on her, and if she refused, she was sure Olivia would threaten her otherwise.

 

"So, if you don't need anything. I'm going to leave." Olivia announced.

 

"Ah, wait. I-I...We are lab partners for the rest of the semester." Chaewon's grip tightened around her binder that she held against her chest. Her voice lowered into a small whisper. "I thought we could exchange numbers."

 

The freshman was taken aback by the request, but it was logical to exchange numbers to communicate when they needed to plan for their chemistry lab efficiently. Yep, this was just for class. She ignored how her heart tightened a bit as she handed her phone over to the latter. "You know it's rude for me to introduce myself and for you not to when you are the who approached me."

 

The sophomore blushed, finding her shoes suddenly interesting to hide her flustered face. "Ah- I- My name is Park Chaewon. I'm a sophomore. Please t-treat me well." The girl cringed at her poor introduction. This is why it was so hard for her to make new friends.

 

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Chaewon-unnie." Olivia greeted with a gummy smile. It was hard not to find her upperclassman absolutely adorable. Maybe their relationship could become something more- NO. Olivia needed to remind herself that they were nothing more than just classmates.

 

The freshman snatched her phone back just as the sophomore finished typing in her info. Chaewon was speechless by the sudden change in Olivia's demeanor, or maybe she imagined the childlike smile the ravenette cast just a split second ago.

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

After a long day of classes, Hyejoo finally relaxed and fell into her evening routines. Another reason she wanted to move to this city was that it was the same city where her best friend lived. Before the ravenette was only able to see her friend once a week, but ever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter