Fresh Start

My Heart Is Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A fresh new start, a breath of the cool breezy summer air, and a warm sunny day was the perfect way to start off a new chapter in Chaewon's life. The blonde decided to move to a new town, well more like a city, as she decided to move away from her hometown for the rest of her college years. Despite being a bit more on the shy and reserved side, Chaewon looked forward to her new life even though she knew next to no one in the city she moved to. 

 

Many from her hometown would think that it was nerve-wracking to move to the big city, perhaps even terrifying. But Chaewon wanted to escape from the peers she has grown up with since middle school and wanted to experience real social life. 

 

From the sounds of it, outsiders would think that the small blonde wasn't popular or a loner...well the second part is partly correct. On the contrary, she was very popular in her hometown. In fact, she was treated like royalty in her schools. But that didn't mean she had many friends despite her popularity.

 

Chaewon was always considered a princess by many. Throughout middle school and high school, many would praise her for her unreal, doll-like appearance. The only semblance that made her seem human was her lopsided smile that she did despise. Not because it ruined the perfect doll-like image, but she was simply self-conscious of how her smiles may look weird to others. She usually would block the view of her radiant crooked smile whenever she smirked too wide or started laughing. It became a habit of hers that not even she seemed to realize. Maybe she wanted to hide her smile because she was raised on this imaginary throne, and she didn't want to disappoint others' expectations.

 

Her fanbase was insane, and sometimes a bit too obsessive, as her fans didn't think anyone was worthy for their school's royalty. Don't get the blonde beauty wrong, though; she never wanted this. In fact, she has always tried to dissuade her fans; she never liked the spotlight and disliked that she couldn't live a normal school life. Chaewon didn't even have the opportunity to experience a typical teenage school romance because she feared her fans would go insane and hurt whoever she liked or any potential suitor was already scared off by her cult-like fandom. 

 

Fellow students have even given her a title, Queen of Blockberry High. She wasn't even sure how her classmates ended up making an official club to appease the titled royalty. How did teachers let this club pass? Surely it didn't follow the guidelines of their school's handbook.

 

Despite being treated like a princess, she frequently found herself alone. The imaginary throne, the top of the pyramid, was a lonely position. It was hard making any friends, Chaewon wasn't sure if she had to blame herself because of her looks, trust me, she isn't thinking conceited for such thoughts. Or if she should blame her classmates for driving anyone from getting close to her. People seemed either too scared to be her friend, and they thought themselves weren't even worthy of being in the presence of her grace. They thought they were doing her a favor by 'protecting' her from people that only wanted to get close to her for ulterior motives. 

 

Even during her first year at a university, she was still treated the same way. It wasn't as intense, but also foreign students would join her fan club. It didn't take much consideration after her first year that she wanted to transfer in hopes of experiencing a more typical lifestyle. It was her best bet to start fresh. A chance to live her life without the burdens of being a celebrity. Even though she never was an idol, to begin with.

 

In her hometown, it was easy to bike to wherever she needed to be. But in the city, the streets and sidewalks were crowded. She was scared to either be hit by a car or for her to run over a pedestrian. The blonde thinks that walking may not be too bad of an option, and at least there was public transportation. So that would definitely come in handy...she will just have to learn somehow how to use it. She prayed that she would quickly be able to make friends that would be kind enough to serve as a guide as to how to live in an urban environment.

 

Chaewon was unfamiliar with the bustling lifestyle of the city. A contrast from her small hometown, the urban jungle was expansive and felt more like a maze of asphalt and concrete. Buildings towered into the sky, almost as if the top floors could touch the clouds. The people were nonstop, always in a rush to be somewhere, everyone stayed in their own personal bubble out in public, and in turn, others respected each other's space.

 

In hindsight, maybe the blonde should have let her parents accompany her in her new life venture. But at the time, she was determined to do things on her own, and she is an adult now, so she should try to act like one, right? 

 

Chaewon swore she got lost at least three times on the way from the train station to her new apartment. And the sad part was it was only two blocks away. It's not her fault there was a delicious food stand in one direction and a cute clothing store in another.

 

At long last, she finally found her way back to her new apartment. Chaewon hoped her new roommate wasn't going to be too upset about her late arrival. She was supposed to arrive over an hour ago, and it didn't help that the blonde neglected to give an update on her whereabouts.

 

Chaewon had lucked out finding a roommate, thank goodness for the internet. Living alone in the big city seemed a bit daunting and not to mention costly. While browsing for a place to live, she found another student seeking another roommate to accommodate her two-bedroom apartment. The pictures displayed a cozy living space, and even her room would be furnished with a bed and a small desk. Chaewon cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter