4. Safe

When Thieving Gone Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After leaving Chorong’s place, Eunji felt beyond horrible. She felt lost, sad and tired as she looked over the wall of the abandoned building which she called ‘home’. Well, it didn’t feel like ‘home’ after she lived together with Bomi for weeks. She ran away.

 

How pathetic! Eunji wasn’t angry at Chorong. Not at all, Chorong had all the right to investigate her background. What she hated here was merely her own past, which she wasn’t proud of. She knew she couldn’t hide it for a long time but she didn’t want Chorong find out like that… She didn’t want Chorong to pity her. She wanted Chorong to see her as Jeong Eunji, not the thief Shiwon, not some kind of pitiful random human being.

 

She rubbed her face in irritation. She was aware that her reaction was a bit dramatic. Well, probably more than a bit… But she really hated the fact that Chorong knew what kind of person she was. She remembered Chorong’s words when they were talking.

 

“You are a clever thief, but you are not that bad. You also hate being a thief and you haven’t tried to do anything while you’ve been staying with us. You care about Bomi. You are a bit lost, also hesitant but you have a soft heart and you are very considerate.”

 

Eunji didn’t think of herself like that. She was clever, though it was more that she had to be clever. She was a thief, and being a thief was bad. Yet, she always tried her best to minimize the damage. Yes, she hated being a thief and yes, she hadn’t tried to do anything while she was staying with Bomi. Yes, she cared about Bomi. Yet, she disappeared without saying anything to her. Yes, she was lost. Because it was the first time that someone understood her like that. She was also hesitant because she wasn’t used to people being kind towards her. However, she still doubted the soft heart and considerate part.

 

Eunji groaned. She felt exposed, irritated, sad and happy. Mixed feelings. Her emotions were a mess and she honestly wanted it to stop. She took a deep breath, deciding to voice out her own thoughts about Chorong.

 

“You are weird,” Eunji started. “You love involving yourself in things that are none of your business and that irritates me sometimes, well, most of the time. But I am also grateful to you for not minding your business…” she smiled. “You have no sense for the furniture. Your house is so irritating and I swear I will never visit again if you don’t change those ugly furniture.” she chuckled. “You seem like you think too much but you aren’t thinking about anything most of the time. You are silent but you are good at observing. However, you are still an idiot when it comes to love relationships.” Eunji stopped for a moment before she could voice the last thought in his mind.

 

Your lips were so soft and I think I would like to taste them again. Eunji thought.

 

“You should at least dump me properly.” Eunji finished as she stood up from where she was sitting, and only found an uninvited guest watching her.

 

“!” Eunji cursed. “Can you just stop appearing out of nowhere and scaring the out of me?!”

 

“You looked like you were in some deep conversation with the wall, so I didn’t plan to interrupt.”

 

“If you come just to persuade me, just go. I won’t help you.”

 

“Say that again after you read this document.” With that Sunny, threw a brown envelope on the table. “These are classified documents.” Sunny raised her eyebrows, nodding with her chin to the document between them.  “Only you, me and my chief know about this.”

 

Eunji reached for the envelope and fish out the papers inside and read them. But she was confused by the unknown chemical name and some number. Eunji can only recognise the buyer signature, Victory.

 

“Apparently, Lee Seungri has purchased some really harmful substances, they might have developed a brand-new drug. Weeks ago, the Gangnam police branch has been receiving reports on missing young girls and some of them are underage. According to some witness, they saw some people with the ‘Burning Sun’ tattoo took the girls, and they were seemed to be unconscious. But when we searched their nest, the girls are nowhere to be found.”

 

“And why does this concern me? Is your job to find those missing girls, not mine.”

 

“Listen until the end of it. Two days ago, we found the corpses of those missing girls lying in different places of Seoul. All of them have one thing in common, they were homeless, and some of them were e, selling their body for money.” Sunny paused.

 

Eunji flipped to the next page of the document, reveal a full page close up of the female victim. She seemed familiar, but she couldn’t point her finger to it. “Yoon Junghye, she was one of the victims, and I know you knew her.” Sunny reminded her.

 

Bell started to ring in her mind. Eunji didn’t say a word.

 

“And one more thing, they were all drugged before death. The forensic team managed to test out the drug’s substances. Some of them are the chemical substance that bastard bought. The documents I asked you to get out for me contains everything that is enough to let those people rot behind the bars.” Sunny was the first to break the silence. “So, are you with us?”

 

“I want these papers and time to think of it.” Eunji finally spoke with her straight face.

 

“You are a clever thief, and I know you have a soft heart.”

 

Eunji studied the papers again. Next came more pictures of Junghye and the other victims. Yoon Junghye took care of Eunji a lot back when they were staying in the same orphanage. But one night, she went missing and never come back to that hell place. Of course, Eunji asked about her whereabout, the adults only shooed her off with “She was adopted by a rich family”. Young Eunji was happy for Junghye as she managed to escape form the hell, but soon she learned that the real meaning of ‘adoption’ the ugly adults meant. The missing girls were sold to the brothel and some who were lucky enough were sold to the message parlour. That’s how dirty the orphanage was.

 

Eunji felt a tug of sympathy for them; the girls were innocent. She scanned over the documents for the last time before Sunny’s voice broke her trail of thought. “So?”

 

“I’ll do it.”

 

 

 

 


Chorong opened her eyes with a groan. The back of her head was in pain and the situation was so familiar that she wanted to laugh at herself. When she tried to move her limbs, she found that she was tied firmly to a chair, again! What kind of person got kidnapped by the same gang twice?! She sure didn’t have any luck.

 

“Finally awake!” The same scary thug who had kidnapped her weeks ago was standing in front of her with the same disgusting smile. The only difference was there’s a suited guy standing him who introduced himself as Victory and the smile on the man’s face was disgusting too, and dangerous light sparkled in his eyes.

 

“Did you really think that you could get away like that?” the Victory guy whispered close to her face. Chorong hated having him that close. “So, the little rat of yours is working for the cops now? Too bad for her that she couldn’t get me arrested!”

 

The man backed away a little, finally giving Chorong a chance to see her surroundings. The place looked like a basement. There were no windows and the ceiling were so low that it made her feel claustrophobic. There were a lot of cardboard boxes everywhere.

 

“That little friend of yours…” Victory started. “I am sure she will come to save you.” He his lips in a way which made Chorong sick. “I will make both of you learn not to mess with the Lee family!”

 

“She won’t come!” Chorong said strongly. “She is not my friend, I’m saying again! You got the wrong person!”

 

The man let out a creepy laugh. “Sure,” he said between his laughter. “She is not your friend. I got it. Then let’s call her your ? How about that? I am sure she is wonderful in bed. You know she was quite famous before she became a thief anyway. I don’t think she’s forgotten those skills!”

 

“Shut up!” Chorong shouted angrily. “You don’t know anything about her!”

 

“But apparently, you know a lot of things about that , don’t you?” The man leaned over, showing his teeth. “Let’s wait and see what that little of yours will do.”

 

“She is not a ! And I will never let you touch her, ever again!” Chorong yanked at her ropes once again, failing to untie them.

 

“You are funny,” Victory said, and instructed his man to come over. The guy took a syringe out from his pocket and uncovering the needle swiftly, then pass it to Victory.

 

“Let’s have some fun while we’re at it,” he said as he leaned closer to immerse the needle into her arm roughly, injecting the tube immediately. Chorong hissed with pain. “We were having a hard time finding guinea pigs for our new drugs, you know… Be honoured to taste it.” Those were the last words of Victory as he took the syringe out of her skin.

 

The drug was strong. And soon Chorong lost consciousness once again. The last thought that crossed her mind was Eunji’s adorable smile from few nights ago.

 

 

 

 

 

5 days since Eunji ran away from Chorong’s place and disappear without any notice. Bomi is worried about them since she couldn’t able to contact neither Chorong nor Eunji after the day she went to Chorong’s place.

 

Rong unnie is probably busy with her works. Bomi thought.

 

Her thoughts were disturbed by the bell. It was Yongsun came, running in BBB panting. “Bomi-ah, something bad happens to Chorong.”

 

 

 

Eunji woke up late that day, and she’s now her way to BBB. Eunji knew there was something off. Before she turned the corner that led down the street to BBB, Eunji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter