3. Again

When Thieving Gone Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“I’m afraid that I don’t get it.” Eunji shook her head and eyed the detective suspiciously. “Let’s say I get the thing from the base you said. That is what it takes to put him behind the bars?”

 

“Yes, and we believe that was the key for everything. We only need someone to pass through the guards, and overpass the codes, and get the document out of there, which is you who did before.”

 

“So, I’m just a tool for you so-called ‘good’ people won’t dirty your own hands. Then, it means no.” Eunji rejected the offer and walked away.

 

 

When Eunji returned to the café, she found Chorong already awoke and was waiting for her behind the counter. “Where were you?” she asked.

 

“Just back from throwing the rubbish.” Eunji didn’t know how long have the other awake, but she thought it was better if she lied than telling Chorong about the offer. It’s better to keep the other clueless she thought. 

 

 

 

Later the weekend, Chorong spent the week night with them. Or rather, with Eunji because apparently seeing Chorong and a bunch of unknown people loitering around BBB way too much lately, Naeun had decided to ask Bomi out.

 

Bomi's shocked face was so precious when Naeun came that Saturday night and asked her if she would like to visit a jazz bar that Naeun personally loved. Eunji wanted to take a picture of Bomi but her hands were full with suppressing her laughter. Chorong who missed out the whole story was completely lost about it.

 

“She thought you or the customers might be dangerous for her,” Eunji explained with a chuckle when they were both sitting behind the counter.

 

Chorong tilted her head in confusion. “Why?”

 

“Well, you have been coming very regularly lately so she might have thought that you were trying to ask Bomi out,” Eunji reasoned.

 

“Bomi? She’s a friend of mine, and if I wanted to ask Bomi out I would’ve done it immediately,” Chorong answered still confused. “Why bother beating around the bush?”

 

You are very bold,” Eunji laughed out loud.

 

“I don't want to hear that from you,” Chorong said with a cute pout on her face. “You are the one who is bold,” she grumbled while crossing her arms in front of her chest. Eunji looked at her confused but then, seeing Chorong’s slightly pink cheeks, it dawned on her.

 

The kiss… Eunji thought.

 

“But you seemed pretty desperate,” Chorong continued with a shrug, averting her gaze from Eunji. “So I will let it go. It didn’t mean that much after all.”

 

Eunji’s lips curled upwards as she stood up from her chair in order to go and clean dust from the shelves. “But at least, I think we both enjoyed it,” she mumbled almost inaudibly.

 

“Huh? You said something?” Chorong asked, but Eunji was already at the front of the store, cleaning the already clean shelves.

 

“Nothing.”

 

 

 

 

“And she can play the piano!!” Bomi continued telling them about her evening. “The owner of the bar was a close friend of Nangni’s from university and-”

 

“Wait a minute!” Eunji cut her off. “You are calling each other nicknames? Already?”

 

Bomi blinked a few times before she could register what she’d said, her face suddenly turning crimson. “Well… um… that’s…”

 

Seeing that, Eunji let out a hearty laugh. “Oh my god, Bom-ah,” she cackled. “You are adorable!”

 

Bomi blushed even more, as if it were possible. “Stop teasing me!”

 

“But she is right,” Chorong agreed while she lifted her head from the paper that she was drawing. There was a warm smile on her face as she looked at Bomi.

 

“Naeun is a good catch,” Eunji added. “I’m still surprised that Naeun decides to make the first move. I thought you are bolder, and tougher than her.”

 

“Of course, I’m tougher than Nangni! And, for God’s sake, I’m a black belter. You know I still can protect her by myself if somethings happen.” Bomi tried to defend herself.

 

“No way,” Eunji argued. “You are too soft for punching someone.”

 

“And are you tough enough for that?” Chorong asked.

 

“You would be surprised if you know how tough I really am,” Eunji dared to her.

 

“Oh gosh! Stop flirting like that,” Bomi cut them off slyly.

 

“We are not flirting!” they both answered at the same time. However, Bomi could see Eunji’s crimson ears and Chorong’s embarrassed look as she concentrated on the paper in front of her.

 

“By the way,” Eunji asked suddenly, turning her head to Chorong. “What are you doing?” she asked curiously.

 

“Oh, nothing,” Chorong answered with a simple shrug. “Just some drawing.”

 

Eunji took a peek at the drawing from over Chorong’s shoulder. “Oh, my,” Eunji mumbled, genuinely surprised by the beauty of the drawing. “What is this?”

 

“A hummingbird,” Chorong answered casually

 

“Wow,” Eunji mumbled. “As expected from someone working in a design company, but you are good at it!” Eunji said enthusiastically.

 

Chorong shrugged. “I am not educated or anything like that.”

 

“I am not talking about education here!” Eunji said sternly.

 

Chorong threw her a knowing glance, with an irritating smile on her face. “Now you get what I meant?”

 

Eunji’s chin dropped. “You are unbelievable,” she grumbled. “I can’t believe you.”

 

“What? What?!” Bomi asked, confused by the weird conversation between them. “What happened here while I was away?”

 

“Nothing,” Chorong chuckled, and then she carefully ripped the paper from her sketchbook. “Here, I will give this one to you.” She handed the paper to Eunji casually. Eunji hesitantly took it as Chorong got up from her chair. “Well then, I should go now,” she said, leaving before Eunji could even react. Dumbfounded, Eunji looked at the hummingbird drawing.

 

“Rong unnie is very talented, isn’t she?” Bomi asked as she looked at the drawing from over Eunji’s shoulder. “You remember the sea painting in the room you are staying in? She gave it to me on my 20th birthday.” Bomi mused just before her phone started to ring. “Oh! Nangni!!” she answered, leaving the room hurriedly. Eunji knew she probably won’t return. She smiled and went to her room, but that night Eunji couldn’t sleep for hours. She looked at the sea painting signed with PCR initials, fascinated by the gentle and lovely touches of the brush.

 

“Education doesn’t matter, huh?” she thought lastly before finally falling asleep.


 





Eunji left arm was also completely healed but Eunji kept it a secret for now. She didn’t want to leave. She liked staying at here, she liked Bomi’s bubbly personality, and her warm smile made her feel like she was family.

 

Naeun started to visit more regularly, eventually getting very friendly with Eunji. The girl who had an attractive face and ant-waist was younger than her.

 

After that night, Chorong once again disappeared. Bomi told her that she must be very busy and Eunji shrugged indifferently. It wasn’t like she was expecting to meet her every day. However, after a whole week, Eunji had to admit that she started to miss her presence. Not mention that she was bothered by the petite detective.

 

“I said no!”

 

Again. Sunny put up her hands in surrender. Indicating she was done and her heels and walked at the door only stop halfway. “The offer still stands Eunji, I hate to do so, but I’ll keep asking until you give me a different answer.” Sunny assured.

 

Eunji snorted at that as she continued her job back at the counter.

 

“Who was the girl before? She looks familiar.”

 

One of those evenings when Eunji was helping Bomi in the shop, Sunny came again. Sunny didn’t lie. A week has passed after their short chat at the rooftop, and she is persistent. Sunny came and asked Eunji almost every afternoon for her to join her team and Eunji always gave her the same answer.

 

Just when Bomi is going to ask her more questions about Sunny, Naeun came to visit them with a warm smile on her face.

 

Phew… Lifesaver Eunji thought.

 

“Good evening, Eunji unnie,” she greeted Eunji first and went to greet Bomi. Eunji smiled as Bomi flashed the brightest smile of the day when she saw Naeun. They look so damn adorable, Eunji thought as she averted her gaze in order to give them some privacy.

 

“Are you free tonight?” Naeun asked Bomi. “I have found a very interesting bar place in Hongdae. Maybe we could go there and have fun. There are real band members playing behind you while you sing!”

 

Bomi was, of course, very excited about it. Pleased by her excitement, Naeun smiled and turned her head towards Eunji and asked “Eunji unnie, won’t you also come with us?”

 

“Why?” Eunji asked surprised.

 

“The more the merrier!” Bomi explained with a huge smile on her face.

 

Eunji rolled her eyes. “I don’t want to be the third wheel. Go and have fun, lovebirds.”

 

However, Bomi ignored her. “Let’s call Rong-unnie too! She must be drowned in work and would be happy to get a break!” she said, immediately dialing Chorong’s number.

 

Naeun nodded knowingly. “I agree,” she said to Bomi and turned her head towards Eunji once again. “The more the merrier and I bet we will have a lot of fun!”

 

Eunji sighed. “Two would be more romantic,” she protested.

 

Naeun let out a hearty laugh. “I can always go on dates with Bomi but hanging out with friends is also important.”

 

Eunji smiled slyly. “So you calling her without honorifics, already?”

 

Naeun blushed immediately, but she was lucky as Bomi quickly came to her rescue. “Rong-unnie agreed to come!”

 

“Really!?” Eunji exclaimed a bit more excitedly than she had actually wanted.

 

“Yes! She said she would come directly and take Yongsun with her if she is lucky enough,” Bomi explained, not aware of Eunji’s distress. Why would the secretary accompany her? And why if she is lucky enough? Eunji frowned. And why don’t I like that?

 

“It would be better if I don’t come after all,” Eunji said reservedly.

 

“Eeeh?! But why!?” Bomi asked.

 

Eunji rolled her eyes. Because I am a thief and since I am not stealing anything I don’t have any money. And oh, I don’t want to spoil everything between you and your girlfriend with the fact that I am a thief! she wanted to say, but of course, there was no way she could say that. “It doesn’t fit into my budget,” she said simply.

 

“Oh my, is that why you are not coming?! That hurts me! I may be your boss but I am also your friend,” Bomi said determinedly. “So, stop worrying about things like that! You are coming with us!”

 

 

 

With that, Eunji ended up going together with Bomi and Naeun. Bomi even threatened her with not going if Eunji wouldn’t come so she eventually gave in…

 

The bar was called Hidden and it was just as Naeun had said. The place looked expensive and Eunji really didn’t like expensive places. But she had to admit that the place had a really good atmosphere. The bar wasn’t too big but also wasn’t too small. There was a real band behind the old school karaoke machine and Eunji couldn’t help but observe the instruments that the band members were using. Bomi and Naeun ordered beer as soon as they got into the bar. Both of them were really attentive and Eunji knew it was in their nature, but Eunji was still the third wheel. She prayed for Chorong to come here as soon as possible but she also wasn’t sure if she really wanted that. If she came with that secretary, Eunji would be in a worse position than the third wheel.

 

Just at that moment, Chorong came into the bar. Together with Yongsun. Eunji wanted to cry.

 

“Eunji!” Chorong greeted her with her usual soft smile. Yongsun bowed and then held out her hand with a dazzling smile.

 

“Nice to see you again, Eunji-ssi.”

 

“Oh, um, yeah,” Eunji mumbled awkwardly.

 

“See, Yongsun? You scared her when you dragged me out!” Chorong elbowed her side.

 

Yongsun frowned. “But that was totally your fault! Why do I have to be the bad guy here!?”

 

“You are scary when you are in your complete work mode!” Chorong insisted.

 

“It’s because you skip your work!”

 

“Stop quarrelling already! You are scaring my girlfriend here!” Bomi cut them off.

 

“Oh, my,” Yongsun seemed surprised as her eyes found Naeun. “So, you two are dating?”

 

“Yes,” Naeun answered, standing next to Bomi, wrapping her arm around Bomi’s waist as if trying to protect her. Bomi’s blush could be seen even in the dim lighting. Eunji giggled. They were really adorable! “My name is Son Naeun, nice to meet you.”

 

“My name is Kim Yongsun,” she answered earnestly. “I am glad Bomi has finally found someone.”

 

And with that, everyone settled at the table. It was a small, tall, round table and everyone was standing while leaning over it. Eunji, who was not used to these kinds of gatherings, still felt a bit uneasy, but soon that feeling disappeared in the warm conversation between the five girls. Bomi was the first one who suggested singing and Naeun immediately agreed. They choose Spring Love by Wendy and Eric Nam, and Eunji couldn’t stop smiling as they sang the lovely duet song. By the time they were finished everyone in the bar was cheering for them. Eunji joined the cheering too; to her surprise, she was having a lot of fun!

 

“You should sing too,” Eunji jumped in surprise, suddenly hearing Chorong’s voice very close to her ear.

 

“No way,” she said, trying to move a bit farther away from Chorong. But Chorong caught her wrist and looked directly into her eyes. The touch made Eunji’s heart beat a little faster than usual.

 

“Please,” she said with a little aegyo tone and a smile on her face. “You should sing.” Her fingers around Eunji’s skin were very wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter