Acquiring Acquaintence

Girl Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The next couple of days ensued like this. Hyo Seop would wake up early in the morning to go for a run. On his way out he would notice that she would leave her apartment at the same time as him. They would kind’ve walked to the elevator together. In the elevator Hyo Seop would lose his fight against himself to not look at her. She was just really stunning. Usually she would ignore his stares as she did every Korean who would look at her as she walked down the street. But today was different, Jayda was bored. Turning on her heels she jutted her hip out to the side and placed her hand there. “Excuse me.”

Hyo Seop’s eyes widened like saucers “Ye-yes?”

“Do you have something to say to me?”

“No.” Hyo Seop began to blush, embarrassed that he got caught staring. Usually it was the other way around.

“Huh,” Jayda scoffed, her heels clicked as she walked towards him. Closing the breathable amount of space that was between them Jayda looked up at the tall man. Although she was in six inch heels the man was still a bit taller than her. Hyo Seop tried to breathe in to calm down his heart and stop his nervous sweating but instead he only inhaled her very expensive and unique smelling perfume. That of course only made his situation worse. “You know it’s rude to not look at someone during a conversation.” She was so close he could smell her minty toothpaste. Hyo Seop forced himself to look up into her eyes and he might have well been better off keeping his head down. Her eyes were a warm brown, too dark to be hazel and too light to be a regular brown. They somehow were fierce yet round and cute. “Excuse me? You didn’t hear what I said?” her voice pulled him back from her spell. “Do you like me?” 

Hyo Seop really started sweating now but was unable to wipe it off because he didn’t have any space. “I wouldn’t say I like you, I barely know you. I mean you are very very attractive but like I said I don’t know you.” Hyo Seop began to ramble but was interrupted by the opening of the elevator doors. 

Jayda didn’t automatically turn and walk away. Instead, she gave him one last intense look and once over for just a second. Satisfied with the discovery of her cure to her boredom, she gracefully turned to walk out and away, conjuring up a plan on the way. As soon as Hyo Seop was sure that she was gone his knees gave out and he had to clutch at the handles on the sides to keep him up. He clutched at his chest “Why does it feel like I just ran a mile?” he asked himself. He took a moment to breathe before shaking himself off. Putting on his airpods he started a light jog out of the building, making sure to greet the sweet old security guy. 

Besides the change of schedule that happened that morning, Hyeo Seops day went as always. His manager picked him up taking him to some early morning shoots, after that they had lunch, then to the office to go over some contracts or practice his acting in a studio, once in a while there would be another shoot later on and if not then Hyo Seop was allowed to go home early. Today he was allowed to go home early. On his ride back home a sudden feeling hit him. It wasn’t a bad one, just one of those feelings. He felt as if something drastic was going to happen. Something life changing. In an attempt to swallow away this feeling Hyo Seop chugged down some water. The cool water settled him down a bit but the feeling was still gripping at his chest. “Bye, Hyung.” he said to his manager as he hopped out of the van. He pulled his phone from his pocket and was slightly distracted for a bit as he walked to the entrance of his apartment. Being that he was distracted he accidentally bumped into someone thus causing them to fall. Quickly taking notice of what had just happened he swiftly put his phone in his pocket. Looking down he found his torturess on the ground clutching onto her ankle and glaring up at him. “Oh my, I am so sorry.” he apologized in english. He put a knee to the ground attempting to assess the damage. The collision had knocked her small frame off balance and her shoe off her foot. Her stocking was now lightly stained with blood because she had grazed her ankle on the concrete. There were also scratches on her palms. “What to do.” 

Jayda stretched out her arms towards him. Hyo Seop looked back at her confused. “Carry me.” she commanded. 

“I’m sorry what?”

“Take responsibility for what you just did.” she bluntly stated.

“I’m sorry about that but I don’t think I should carry you. I’ll help you walk.”

“What?” Jayda looked offended “You knock me around like a rag doll and injure me yet you can’t even help me up?”she narrowed her eyes at him “Also, you told me you liked me so what's the issue if it’s a request.”

Hyo Seops eyes widened at the last statement. “Who said I like you?” he lied through his teeth.

“So,” she leaned in closer, once again closing the space between them and infiltrating his air with her addictive perfume. “You don’t like me.” she more stated then asked and Hyo Seop couldn’t reply. He did feel his face burn up though and just prayed his face wasn’t red. Jayda’s smirk didn’t help. “What, Cat got your tongue? Pick me up, it hurts.”

Giving in, Hyo Seop leaned in, slipping his arm under her knees and around her back he picked her up not forgetting to also grab her shoe and bag. Jayda satisfied with how the situation turned out, gladly wrapped her arms around his neck. Giving her a look, Jayda quickly smiled back sweetly in reply. “Where do you want me to take you?” he asked. 

“I have a first aid kit in my place.” she said. With that Hyo Seop made his way into the apartment. Walking to the elevator he pretended not to be too embarrassed by the look the guard gave him. Once in the elevators Hyo S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter