It had been a while

Fists of kindness

Ryujin squeezed Jisu’s hand on hers, as her eyes followed Yuna crossing the field. Only a couple minutes left for the game to be over, and both teams were tied – seven to seven.  

Yuna passed the ball to her teammate, who received it, but a player from the other team stole the ball from her stick and dashed forward. Yuna huffed, her face showing the exhaustion weighing on her body as she ran back to defend with her teammates.  

The girl from the other team tricked Yerim, and shot the ball with her stick, but their goalkeeper blocked. 

"YES, HYEJOO!" Ryujin shouted, almost scaring Jisu. "Sorry, I always get like this when I'm watching Yuna playing." 

"The game is almost over..." Jisu looked ahead at the big clock, showing less than a minute left. 

"Trust them." 

Hyejoo passed the ball to Yerim, who scanned the field for a second before successfully running past a player from the other team. She passed the ball to Yeojin, the girl Ryujin liked to call a midget, but was an excellent player in fact. Due to her small stature, she was super fast and swift, but even so, she found herself unable to run past two of the adversary players. She passed the ball back, to Chaewon, who received it immediately and passed it again to Yerim.  

"Yes! Yuna is free!" Ryujin couldn't keep quiet in her seat, her hands sweating with excitement. She quickly checked the time, and there were barely twenty seconds left. 

Yerim sprinted forward, and Yuna positioned herself at the front. A player extended out her stick, trying to block the pass from Yerim to Yuna, but she was too slow. Yuna received the ball, twirled with her stick, and it went so fast toward the goal that Ryujin couldn't even see it go past the goalkeeper.  

Horns sounded in the stadium, as the number for her team changed to eight. Ryujin jumped from her seat, pulling Jisu with her. 

"YES, YES! YUNA, MY SISTER, DID THAT!" 

Yuna ran to her teammates, who gathered at the field for a big group hug. Hyejoo, despite wearing all that heavy equipment, still managed to grab Yuna by her waist and lift her up. 

Seeing her sister and her team win and celebrate with those big, happy smiles, seeing her sister lift up the trophy, made Ryujin fall back to her seat with tears in her eyes. 

“She worked so hard for this,” she mumbled. 

“Awn, Ryujinie.” Jisu sat back as well, hugging her. “She did, and it paid off. They won, they’re the district champions.” 

“I’ll buy her the biggest pizza I can find.” 

Jisu laughed. “Yes, we should celebrate with everyone.” 

Ryujin nodded, and kept looking ahead, at her sister. Yuna met her eyes, and shot her that big, beautiful smile that meant the world to her, showing her the trophy, and Ryujin waved at her, before rushing to take her camera from her bag and snap a few pictures. 

Yes, the camera Ryujin always dreamed of having. Jisu had realized her passion and talent for photography, and even confessed that she saw Ryujin staring at the camera back at the mall the day they went to the movies, and it had been because of it that she asked her to take a couple pictures of her. Jisu ended up buying the camera for her, and she promised Jisu she would always take pretty pictures with it. Just like the one she just did, of Yuna raising the trophy in the air, with her teammates with their hands reached up at it. 

“I didn’t think this would get me so nervous,” Yeji said, making Jisu and Ryujin turn to the girl in the row behind them. 

“Yuna really is amazing.” Hyunjin gave her a thumbs up, as Heejin nodded and did the same. 

“Thank you, guys, for coming,” Ryujin said, and turned to Chaeryeong, who was awfully quiet. “Chaery, you there?” 

“Oh, yeah. Sorry.” 

“Is everything alright?” Yeji asked, resting a hand on her leg. 

“Y-Yeah! I just spaced out.” 

Yeji nodded and went back to whatever Heejin, Hyunjin and Jisu were talking about. Ryujin kept her eyes on her, waiting for Chaeryeong to meet her stare, and when she finally did, Ryujin irked an eyebrow at her.  

“Why is your face red?” she whispered, pointing to Chaeryeong’s face. 

“W-What? Is it?” 

“Hm, yes. A lot.” 

“It’s just hot in here.” She fanned her face with her hand. 

Ryujin eyed Chaeryeong’s hand on her leg, where Yeji touched her a minute before. 

“Hot in here, or beside you?” Ryujin smirked. 

Chaeryeong widened her eyes. “S-Shut up, Ryujin!”  

Ryujin burst out laughing, leaning to Jisu’s side. 

“What? What’s funny? What did we miss?” Yeji looked at Ryujin and Chaeryeong. 

“Nothing, I just missed teasing Chaery.” Ryujin waved it away. “Let’s go outside? They’re gonna head back to the locker rooms and rest before leaving.” 

Ryujin stood up and grabbed Jisu’s hand, letting the other led the way. 

“Hey,” Ryujin said near Jisu’s ear. “Does Yeji like someone?” 

“Hm? Why the question?” 

“Does she or does she not?” 

“Not that I know about.” 

“Haven’t you been friends for a long time? She really didn't tell you anything, or talked about someone?” 

Jisu frowned. “She asked if Chaeryeong was coming to the game-” 

“Really?!” Ryujin whisper yelled. 

“Yeah. Now that you mention it...” 

“Just look ahead.” 

A couple steps ahead, Yeji talked animatedly about something, and Chaeryeong’s smile was more than obvious. (Heejin and Hyunjin even more ahead in their own world.) 

“What? How could I have missed it?” Jisu gasped. 

“I hadn’t realized it before, but Chaery was super obvious just now. I teased about it and she got super shy, so I guess she has a fat crush on Yeji.” 

“Well, Yeji didn’t specifically ask if Heejin or Hyunjin would come, but did about Chaeryeong...” 

“I guess we have something to do.” 

They stepped outside the stadium and the sky was turning darker as the night approached. 

“I’m hungry,” Hyunjin said. “I’m gonna go get a hot dog.” 

“But we’re gonna have dinner in a bit!” Heejin yanked her back. 

“And? You think a hot dog will stop me from eating dinner?” 

“Of course not,” Jisu said behind her hand. 

Ryujin chuckled, watching Hyunjin drag her whining girlfriend to the food trucks. 

“Well, shall we go as well? They might take a bit,” Ryujin said, already on her way, pulling Jisu with her. 

“You’re doing this so they’re left together, aren’t you?” Jisu asked. 

Ryujin let out a mischievous giggle. “They’re friends after all, shouldn’t be awkward for them to be together.” 

They peeked over their shoulders, and Chaeryeong talked about something with excitement, making Yeji laugh so hard she even clapped along. 

Neither Ryujin nor Jisu were hungry, but just walking about helped pass the time until Yuna and her team made it outside.  

Ryujin’s phone rang, and a big smile stretched on her lips as she read the message from her sister. 

[Yuna] 
I’m heading outside! Hope you’re there to receive me c: 

“Let’s get the others, they’re almost here!” 

Yeji and Chaeryeong were still a few steps behind them, but talking just the two of them. Now, where did Heejin and Hyunjin go? And there they were, still near the hot dog truck. Ryujin giggled as Heejin took a big bite on Hyunjin’s hot dog. 

“So much for having dinner soon.” Jisu shook her head. 

“It’s just a bite!” 

“The size of half of it, by the way.” Hyunjin rolled her eyes. 

“Let’s head back, they’re heading out now.” Ryujin led the way, her pace fast with the anticipation of seeing her sister. 

And as they approached the entrance, Yuna and her teammates were just leaving. The moment Yuna saw them, she took off in a run. Ryujin opened her arms and engulfed her sister in a big hug, lifting her up and twirling her around.  

Ryujin stopped and put her down before getting them both dizzy. She cupped Yuna’s puffed cheeks from how much she smiled and tip toed to kiss her forehead. 

“Congrats. You did it.” Ryujin hugged her again. 

“I couldn’t do it without you.” 

“No, the merit is all yours. You worked so hard for this, and you led the team to victory. You’re amazing, and I’m so proud of you.” 

“Thank you, sis.” Yuna pulled away to plant a kiss on her cheek. “How are you? Though day?” 

“I’m fine, and it’s not the time to talk about my day, but time to go celebrate!” 

They joined the rest of the group, Ryujin congratulating everyone and thanking for their hard work. “Now, I’m hungry, I bet everyone’s starving, and it’s time to celebrate. Who wants pizza?” 

Yuna gasped, raising her hand in the air.  

“Is it on you?” Hyejoo asked, earning a slap from both Yerim and Chaewon. 

“It’s on me, actually,” Jisu said. 

“What, no! At least let’s split.” Ryujin protested. 

“We’ll see. Now, let’s go? There’s a great pizza place nearby.” 

“Woohoo! Free pizza!” Yeojin punched the air, going on ahead all excited with Hyejoo. 

Chaewon and Yerim shook their head but followed, and then Ryujin and the others.  

The place was quite close, so they got there in no time, and after an almost heated argument about pineapple on pizza, they finally placed their order. 

“Seriously, who in their perfect mind would ask pineapple on their pizza?” Hyejoo asked. 

"I do! It’s great!” Yuna frowned. 

“I agree! We have superior taste buds.” Yeojin extended her arm from her seat to high five Yuna. 

“No, you are just a psychopath.” Hyejoo shook her head. 

“Jisu and Yuna like it too! Are you calling them a psycho as well?” 

“No, just you.” 

Yeojin dropped her chin. “You bully!” 

 “E-Everyone, let’s not fight,” Chaeryeong said, her voice quivering. 

“Oh, they’re not fighting. This is our everyday, don’t worry.” Yuna waved her hand. 

Chaeryeong sulked, her face becoming redder. Ryujin tried her best not to laugh, but as she observed Yeji patting her head and whispering something near her ear, she had to contain a squeal instead.  

“Guess we don’t even have to do anything,” Ryujin told Jisu, blocking with her hand. 

Jisu nodded, her lips containing a smirk. 

“Oh, our food is here!” Hyunjin clapped. “No more fights about pineapple, or I’ll make the ones that don’t like it eat it.” 

Yuna’s eyes twinkled as the pizzas appeared, and from that moment, everyone focused on the food. Nothing made Ryujin happier than seeing those big, happy smiles in the faces of those she loved the most.  

She kept glancing at Yeji and Chaeryeong through the corner of her eyes. They were still talking, about dance now, Ryujin thought. She had known Chaeryeong for a couple years now, as they met in the first year of high school, so she knew how shy she could be. She didn’t know much about Yeji yet, but they made a really cute couple, so she hoped it was mutual and that they would talk it out eventually. 

The night had fallen completely as they left the restaurant with their bellies full and satisfied. Ryujin stretched her arms up, taking in a deep, long breath of fresh air, and stared at the moon up ahead. 

“Who’s going home? My mom’s gonna pick me up at the station,” Yeojin said. 

“Let’s call it a day. You should rest a lot!” Jisu messed up her hair. 

“Thanks again for the food.” Hyejoo bowed at them. “I’m going with you, dwarf.” 

“Who said I would take you home?” 

“You’re not, your mom is.” Hyejoo rested her elbow on top of Yeojin’s head. 

“And me and Yerim as well,” Chaewon said, with Yerim nodding. 

“Do you guys see what I deal with on a daily basis?” 

“It’s cute!” Heejin said. 

“Fight them,” said Hyunjin. 

“What, no! Hyunjin!” Heejin smacked her arm. 

“You say that, but you’re the one hitting me. As always.” 

“The expose...” Yeji shook her head. 

Heejin’s face burned red, and Hyunjin laughed, circling an arm around her neck and pulling her close to her chest. “Don’t sulk. I love you.” 

“Alright, that’s cute, but we have to go. Thank you all for coming and celebrating with us.” Yeojin bowed and waved. 

“Text me when you all get home!” Yuna said, opening her arms for a team group hug. 

They bid their goodbyes and Ryujin waved as Yeojin, Hyejoo, Chaewon and Yerim left. 

“Let’s get the bus?” Yeji asked. 

They reached the bus stop in no time, and a mere minute after, one arrived. 

“Oh, it’s our bus.” Heejin stood up. 

“I’m spending the night at her house, pray for me,” Hyunjin muttered to them. 

“I can hear you!” Heejin whined, pulling her inside the bus as they waved goodbye. 

“Hyunjin’s so funny,” Ryujin said. 

“She really is a whole comedy,” said Yeji. “She likes to pretend Heejin is annoying, but the girl is whipped.” 

Yuna crossed her arms, huffing. “Everyone’s dating, and then there’s me.” 

“I-I’m not,” Chaeryeong said. 

“Yeah, same.” Yeji threw her a glance. 

Ryujin used all her might to keep her face straight, and Yuna frowned at them. “Why do I sense somethi-” 

“Don’t worry, Yuna.” Ryujin elbowed her. “Someone will appear. Don’t rush things.” 

Another bus was approaching. 

“It’s ours, Jisu,” Yeji said, as she extended her arm. 

“I go on this one as well,” Chaeryeong said. 

“Oh, I will drop Ryujin and Yuna home. You can go on ahead.” 

Ryujin widened her eyes for a second at her. “Yeah, this girl can’t let go of me.” 

“That’s right.” Jisu beamed. 

“Well, okay. See you guys, then!” Yeji waved at them as she hopped up. 

Chaeryeong threw a wide-eyed look at Ryujin, and she mouthed her a ‘fighting!’. 

“You two are terrible.” Yuna shook her head. 

“We’re doing god’s work here. They couldn’t be more obvious, could they?” Jisu chuckled. 

“You have to keep your promise, now.” Ryujin rested her head on Jisu’s shoulder. 

“Of course. In fact, I didn’t even know Chaeryeong would get the same bus home, and I already intended on going with you.” 

“And here I am, left being a third wheel.” Yuna sighed. 

“Don't say that. You have the sweet taste of victory to cheer you up,” Ryujin said. 

Yuna sighed. “So funny.” 

“I know, I know. Now, come here.” Ryujin patted her own shoulder, and Yuna leaned on her. 

They let the silence take over while they waited for their bus, which didn’t take much longer to arrive, and in an instant, they were reaching the sisters’ house.  

“Since you came all the way here, stay,” Ryujin blurted as she turned to Jisu. 

“What?” 

“Stay the night. Tomorrow’s Saturday, you don’t have classes.” 

Jisu smiled. “Is it okay for me to stay?” 

“You don’t have your clothes, but I can lend you mine. It’s not the first time that it happens, anyway.” 

“What are you waiting for?” Yuna yelled by the front door. 

“Sounds great.” Jisu grabbed Ryujin’s hand and led the way. “I’m staying the night, Yuna.” 

“Oh.” Yuna smirked at Ryujin, who shot invisible laser beams through her eyes as she walked past her. “Let’s watch a movie!” 

“Aren’t you tired?” Ryujin asked. 

“Kinda, but I think it would be nice to watch a movie the three of us.” 

“Weren’t you complaining about being a third wheel just now?” Ryujin chuckled. 

“I have Byulie and Dallie with me now, it’s different.” 

“What if we do that tomorrow? Ryujin must be tired as well. And I mean, if you want me around, of course,” Jisu said. 

“Okay, I accept that.” 

“Now, go have your deserved rest. I’ll feed the cats.” Ryujin kissed Yuna’s cheek. 

“Good night.” Yuna approached Ryujin’s ear and whispered. “And have fun with Jisu.” 

Ryujin narrowed her eyes at her and slapped her as she went upstairs giggling. 

“What did she say?” Jisu asked. 

“N-Nothing.” 

“Your face is red.” 

Ryujin flared her nostrils, and head to the kitchen to change the water in the cats’ bowl and put on more food. They followed her, meowing and rubbing their heads on her ankles. 

“I can imagine what she said, you don’t have to say it out loud.” 

“Then why are you asking?” Ryujin asked, refilling the food bowl. 

“Because I love to see you flustered.” 

Ryujin stood up all of a sudden and trapped Jisu against the kitchen counter. “Is it funny to see me like this?” 

“Yep, very much so.” Jisu kissed her lips, but too soon she pulled away. “Let’s go to your room?” 

Ryujin smirked, but before leading the way, she squatted again to pet and kiss her cats’ heads. “Good night, Byulie, Dallie.” 

They paid little attention to her, because the food was more important at that moment. Ryujin grabbed Jisu’s hand and went upstairs, straight to her room. She pulled her inside and closed the door, and she barely had time to turn. Jisu was already too close, pushing her against the door. 

“Ouch,” Ryujin winced, the impact hurting on her body.  

“Awn, sorry. You must be aching all over, having community service and then having to rush to Yuna’s game.” 

“And I worked in the morning.” Ryujin pouted. 

“Poor Ryujinie.” Jisu rubbed her hands up and down her arms. “How was it?” 

“Work was fine. The convenience store is normally calm in the morning. But community service... they know how strong I am, so they sent me to construction today.” 

“What?” Jisu dropped her chin. “Seriously? Isn’t that too much?” 

“It’s fine, I can do it. I really won’t complain about anything. One month is almost over already, just two more months and I’m done with it.” 

Jisu didn’t seem satisfied with that answer. Ryujin giggled, and pulled her to her bed, where she laid down and opened her arms, waiting for Jisu to lay with her head on her shoulder. 

“You don’t have to worry about me, I’m fine. I’m strong.” 

“I know you are, but I don’t want you to get hurt. Not again.” 

“I won’t. I promise.” 

Jisu looked up at her, pecked her lips, and straightened herself. “Take off your jacket.” 

Ryujin irked an eyebrow. “In a hurry, are we?” But she still complied, sitting up and taking it off. 

Jisu didn’t answer, and instead, held her left arm, and turned it up. Both stared at it, at the scar that marked her left forearm. 

“Does it still hurt?” Jisu asked, her voice small and low. 

“No.” 

Jisu took her arm to her lips, kissing her skin so gently it almost tickled. Then, Jisu stared at her face, at her lips, and approached to kiss them, just as tender.  

“Jisu,” Ryujin called in a whisper. “I’m fine. I’m happy, and believe me that it had been a while since I genuinely felt like this. I didn’t go to jail, and three months of community service is really the best of the best I could ask for. I was able to get a proper, honest job, and I get to be with you, whenever I want, and the way we want. I didn’t get separated from Yuna and the sharks are gone, both thanks to you. What’s there more to ask?” 

“You’re too kind.” 

“Me? This wouldn’t have happened if you didn’t help me so much. I still don’t know how can I repay-” 

“You don’t have to, I told you already. Repay me with promising me that you’ll always be safe.” 

Ryujin smiled. “I promise.” 

“Thank you, Ryujinie.” 

“How’s Junsu?” 

“He’s okay, focusing on his studies. My parents are visiting soon. I want you to meet them.” 

“Oh. Hm... I-Is that okay?” 

“Of course. They want to meet you.” 

Ryujin avoided her eyes. 

“What is it?” 

“Don’t they... hate me or something?” 

Jisu sighed and grabbed her hand. “They don’t. They’re grateful for your help. Because of you, nothing happened to Junsu, and you know that. Yes, they were disappointed and mad at him about the street races, but he learned his lesson. He’s still pretty sad about having his license suspended, and he paid the fine from his own pocket. I know he won’t do it again.” 

Ryujin raised her head and met her stare. “I want to meet them as well.” 

Jisu beamed and approached to kiss her lips again. This time for longer, just as Ryujin wanted. It heated faster than she anticipated, as Jisu’s hands already creeped under her t-shirt. She pulled away and allowed her to take it off, but instead of getting back to kissing, Ryujin laid back again with her hands behind her head. 

“You’re beautiful, and you’re doing it on purpose.” Jisu stared at her, her tongue running across her lips. 

Ryujin couldn’t help but smile. “What am I doing?” 

“Showing off those arms of yours.” 

“I’m literally not doing anything.” 

Jisu took off her own shirt off and before she could lay down on top of her, Ryujin raised her arms above her head and flexed them, making her muscles pop out.  

“You are beautiful, Jisu. And now I am doing it on purpose.” Ryujin smirked. 

Jisu bit on her lip and crawled on top of her, trailing kissed from her chest to her lips. “What am I supposed to do with you, Ryujinie?” 

“You tell me.” 

“Can I show it instead?” 

“Even better.” 

Ryujin  in a breath as Jisu kissed her neck, and a hand tangled on her hair when teeth nibbled on her earlobe. 

“I love you,” Jisu whispered, sending chills down Ryujin’s back. 

“I love you too, Jisu.” 

“I know you’re tired, but bear with me, will you?” 

“I’m never tired of you.” Ryujin smirked before closing her eyes and letting Jisu kiss her again.  

---

A/N: Did I just shamelessly throw Chaerji in there? Yes, yes I did :))) (and 2jin of course, is there a story of mine that 2jin isn't there? keke)

It's over already omg :'cc

I hope everyone loved this story as much as I loved writing it! It wasn't the easiest to write, everytime I decide to write a more serious story, I always almost end up regretting it, because it gets hard at some points, but I think it was worth it! I managed to get everything explained in the end, and everything ended up well for everyone! :D

As always, I want to thank my girlfriend, cough, editor, for all the help with this story, and for editing it, and thank you everyone who read the story! ♥️ 

My 2jin vampire au is on the makings, I can't really promise when it's gonna be done, because I don't even know how long it will be lmao, but until then, I'll be posting some one shots!

Thank you again everyone and until my next story ♥️