Four

Strong Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I can't believe I did that!

Why did I lie about it?

Kris was pacing back and forth in his bedroom, trying to think of ways to discuss the sudden kiss he gave Eun. It was unexpected and he wanted her to stop talking about a guy, who made him jealous and frustrated.

On the ride back to the apartment, neither of them spoke.

He knew Eun hated awkward silence so he the radio for the silence to disappear. He took a few glances from the corner of his eye to check on her. Eun was staring at the window not saying anything.

When entering the apartment, Eun mentioned taking a shower first and went straight to her room. Kris watched her shut the door and a clink indicating she locked it. He shuffled himself to his room and shut the door.

He threw himself on the bed, running his hands through his hair giving it a few tugs before he went back on his feet taking in a few breaths.

It's going to be ok!

You told her, it was to calm her down.

She couldn't possibly be thinking into it.

He groaned throwing his head back.

Ugh! I want her to think into it though!

That kiss means something to me!

He moved his head back straight and his bottom lip with his tongue remembering the moment of his first kiss with her. He had a first kiss at a party with friends back in high school, the classic of spin the bottle. He kissed one girl and had no idea Eun had seen it.

She didn't talk to him for a few days because she felt hurt according to Athena. Kris felt nothing when he kissed that girl, but he felt guilty knowing Eun had seen it and wished he could take that night back.

Once Eun wasn't upset anymore, Kris cleared the air telling her he felt nothing when he kissed that girl. He knew first kisses should mean something special but it should be special with someone you love and care for.

Which is how Kris felt for Eun.

Shaking his head from an old memory, it was different from now.

I kissed her!

Why is it that I feel good about it and bad at the same time?

I shouldn't feel bad!

I would like to do it again...

Kris heard a few noises on the other side of the door and knew it had to be Eun getting something to snack on and be hanging around the living room.

Kris bit his bottom lip.

Should I go out and talk to her?

We can't keep avoiding each other.

I leave in two days.

Kris shook his hands on his side hoping to get rid of his nerves, inhaling and exhaling calming himself to head out of his room and be brave to face Eun.

It's now or never!

You got this!

- - -

As if things couldn't get worse for Eun.

Kris kissed her for five seconds.

She had different scenarios on how that would play out. In her mind, she would be at his place watching TV and he'd come back from his job telling her he realized his feelings for her and share a kiss.

Another would be he was already waiting for her to come to his place and as soon as she entered, the place was decorated with rose petals all over the floor to the outside balcony. There, soft music would be playing and dinner was there, covered and wine on the side as he held a small velvet box that would be a promise ring.

One of her favorites was they would be playing a video game and she lost but he tickles her not to be upset and as she tries to push him to stop, he accidently falls on top of her and they stare into each other's eyes and he kisses her and says 'I love you'.

Thinking about her silly romantic fantasies, she felt her cheeks burning up and touched the upper part of her lip with her finger tips. She smiled like a school girl crushing on her crush for the longest time and he finally noticed her.

That kiss...was nice.

She bit her bottom lip from smiling but the moment her cell phone buzzed in, those wonderful feelings went away when she knew exactly who sent the message.

Rory BF:

My Girl, I have a surprise for you! I won't tell you much of the details but be ready for it!

It will blow your mind and you'll probably fall in love with me.

XOXO.

Eun snarled at her phone and cleared the messages, seeing the messages and remember what Kris said in the park was making sense. She is frustrated and shouldn't be dealing with this. It was only building up stress and being in a relationship shouldn't be stressful and it shouldn't living up to someone else expectations.

Clearly Rory has something but I can't figure it out.

Kris is right, I should just end it.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Kris's deep voice was heard behind Eun as she turned her head and saw Kris plop down beside her, getting comfortable. "Is it about the kiss? Because I do want -"

"Oh no! I was...um thinking about what you said about Rory and the relationship." Eun cut him off nervously, pushing her other silly thoughts away.

"Oh yeah?" Kris moved his arm on top of the sofa making it seem like he would put his arm around Eun. "I'm right aren't I?"

Eun didn't have to say anything. She gave him a nod and sighed moving closer to him resting her head on his shoulder.

Kris was surprised for a quick second but the corner of his mouth said something else. He let her come to him for comfort or for whatever she needed. He would be there.

"If I don't end it now, the frustration will pile up and it will turn into stress and I don't need that in my life. I'm not a safety net for someone who could be dealing with something." Eun sighed into his shoulder and moved away leaning back on the sofa. "I deserve better."

Yes you do.

"He messaged me before you got here and said something about a surprise that will blow my mind and make me fall in love with him." Eun turned her head, seeing Kris reaction.

He scoffed shaking his head. "He doesn't give up does he?"

"Nope." Eun grabbed the remote and the TV an connected to Netflix. She smiled finding a movie and pressed play.

"Again? How many times have you see the movie?" Kris whined throwing his head back like a child.

"Hey! Stardust is great! It's a fantasy, comedy, romantic, adventure movie. You don't have to stay, you can go to sleep." Eun argued sticking out her tongue and hid the remote behind her.

"I own this apartment and pay for everything." Kris retorted to her as he playfully pulled on her ear.

She smacked his hand away and got up. "Fine, I'll leave then."

Kris's heart raced the second she stood up and pulled on her wrist on her right hand pulling her to sit down. "I'm joking. Stay."

Eun rolled her eyes and smiled knowing she got him wrapped on her finger. "If you insist."

I do.

They enjoyed the movie together, laughing and of course Eun couldn't help herself as she quoted the lines during some scenes. Before the movie came to an end, Kris felt a weight on his shoulder. He felt Eun nuzzle her head, getting comfortable and all he did was smile placing his head on hers.

Goodnight Silver.

- - -

Morning rolled around and there was something that made Eun so comfortable she didn't want to move or get up. She felt something nice and warm holding her as something draped around her legs keeping her caged.

She smiled when she snuggled closer into the warmth, feeling a pull and a sigh. It held her closer and acted if she needed anything else, it was there for her.

She took in the strong sweet scent that made her heart relax yet jump inside her body. She sighed and heard a buzzing going on. She didn't have a training session today and she turned off her alarm.

Eun slowly opened her eyes and saw a dark shirt in front of her. A chest moving up and down and an arm wrapped around her body keeping her close.

Kris?

Did we fall asleep like this?

I remember dozing off during Stardust.

Did he put us in this position?

Her heart raced at how close they were. Her eyes went up to his neck showing her his Adam's apple sticking out and his chiseled chin that made her want to kiss it and make him hers.

Stop it Eun!

She heard the buzzing noise again and carefully turned to be unwrapped from Kris's grasp. His leg was on top of hers, making sure she didn't fall off the sofa. Yet, it was big enough for both of them to sleep on. Neither of them took up space, only half.

Eun grabbed her cell phone and rolled her eyes at the name.

What does he - wait..

Eun quickly went to her feet and her heart began to race anxiously. Her mind went blank. She looked away for a moment to calm herself but her hands were shaking and she had no control over it. She started to pace behind the sofa not wanting to disturb Kris.

She didn't want to look at the message again, yet she did. She saw a message that Rory sent along with a picture.

Rory BF:

SURPRISE!!! GUESS WHO'S IN TOWN!!

Come meet me when you get up!!

I can't wait to see you, hold you and possibly give you kiss!

The picture was of Rory and behind him was Super Java. The cafe place that Eun liked to go and spend some free time to clear her mind.

Eun ran her fingers through her hair, giving it little tugs to be sure she wasn't dreaming. She wasn't. Her heart was still racing as her palms were getting sweaty and other parts of her body. She bit her b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter