Fin.

Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They were trainees then, young but not naive. They were well-aware of the challenges life would constantly throw at them once they cross the wide one-way bridge that connects the life of a normal adult to the life of an entertainer. There's no turning back, they knew. Even so, they were determined to take the risk and stepped forward.

 

The bridge shook. It was not an easy journey for the both of them.

 

Byulyi was asked to choose between losing weight or giving up on her dreams. Yongsun, on the other hand had to audition for multiple companies.

 

Eventually, as they continued to cross the unstable path to their desired goal, they met each other. They walked, hand-in-hand, as their other hands gripped on the railings on their opposite sides, making their journey a bit more stable now that they have each other.

 

-

 

They debuted, surprisingly, in the same group along with a cute dimpled girl and a fierce-looking baby.

 

Mamamoo–that's what they're called.

 

They were a group destined to lead the younger generations to a more open space. They were a group that screamed for equality, inspiring people from different age groups.

 

Byulyi and Yongsun, they were closer than ever. They grew to be the support of one another. They silently vowed to protect or at least be there for the other as much as they could, knowing that things are going to be a bit harder than before.

 

-

 

It all started from the warm gazes the two unconciously send to each other. It was noticeable to anyone around them making it a normal occurrence that someone asks them if they were dating, which, of course, they answered no.

 

They weren't. They were best friends.

 

(Yongsun watched in adoration as the younger girl twirled around the practice room, playfully dancing along with the maknaes. Her hair flowed at every movement of her body as she moved along the beat, making up the silliest dances but, somehow, still managing to look as graceful as ever.

 

Her gaze fell on her smile, travelling to her cheek dimples. She admired how her nose scrunches when she laughed too much. She had been there when she cried about it, engulfing her in a warm embrace as the younger's sobs were muffled on her shoulder. She didn't understand how someone would even have the heart to tell her not to smile too much because "it looked ugly". No, it was adorable.

 

Her thoughts were rudely interrupted when Byulyi called for her.

 

"Yeba, stop standing in a corner and get your over here!"

 

She feigned a scoff, bringing her hand to her face to hide her reddened cheeks as she made her way towards the group.)

 

Apart from the weird feelings that seemed to grow as they spent more time in the presence of one another, they knew they were nothing but close friends.

 

-

 

Years later, they've become a bit more aware of their feelings, noticing the smallest things the other is able to make them feel. Byulyi noticed the way her heart seemed to skip a beat whenever her hand brushes with Yongsun's as they walk through the street leading to their company building. Yongsun noticed the way every weird quirks of the younger girl seemed to make her smile.

 

They noticed the way they longed for each other's presence more than they should whenever they had to spend the day apart.

 

With their years of friendship, they were comfortable enough to not bother covering up what they felt for each other, fully knowing that their feelings were reciprocated. Byulyi openly showed Yongsun affection, which the older didn't mind. They would also co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter