봄비.

RAIN IN THE SPING TIME | 2JIN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My heart used to be calm, no irritating beating, long pauses, pain. I could see nothing interesting in the rain, I didn't really care about the trees and plants that desperately fed off the precious water nor about the smell of damp soil. I didn't like spring, my allergies kicked in and the bugs were too gross to be around.

 

Then you came and there wasn't a time where my heart rested, it beat and hurt all the time at everything you did, it paused and tugged at my other internal organs when you laughed or cried. I could finally see how valuable the rain was, you had pointed it out it brought life not only to plants, but humans too. It helped those who worked at the countryside, like your family, after long days of drought in the farm. I suddenly started loving the spring, long walks on my aunt's large garden with you made up for my runny nose and the constant sneezing, the red spots all over my arms and hands when we picked up flowers or when you made me gift you a rose every time the sun would set.

 

"This is what a true lady does," laughed the brunette, long dress flowing behind her large steps "You will give me a rose, as a gift, every time our walk ends and once the sun has fallen. I will keep them all, one by one, and put them into water to keep them alive, look after them as if it was you who I am taking care of. Then, if something happens and we cannot see each other, a part of you will stay with me."

 

Hyunjin rolled her eyes and sneezed at the woman's words, letting her hold the blue parasol  in her hands as she dove and carefully picked a single rose from her aunt's garden. Presenting it to the woman, she smiled and watched her as she smelled the flower and gently ran a gloved finger along it's petal slowly.

 

"Thank you, Hyunjin-ssi." Heeijn looked at the sky, dropping the parasol and raising the flower to the sky to watch it the few sunbeams left on the darkening sky.

 

My heart used to be dry, not overflowing with emotion, soaked in love. It resembled my aunt's garden, untouched after her death. The flowers were, too, dying and the grass had stopped growing, dehydrated as it was. There was no rain for a long time, spring was always really hot here.

 

Then you came and my dry heart was brought back to life, like sweet spring rain you fell in me, like the intense sunlight you shone on me, opened my eyes. My aunt's garden was also returning into it's natural state; colorful bushes of flowers, birds, trees carrying the sweetest fruits. You were the spring rain, the happiness and love. You were everything.

 

"It is truly a shame you are not taking care of this place," s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter