Real talk and not just a simple greeting

You are my everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In a few months, I will finally be able to hold my degree in my hands. I can say goodbye to the university and my professors and dedicate myself to my goal of opening a company. Business administration is really not an exciting subject, but it helps me to get a little closer to my dream. My biggest dream is to have my name hanging on a sign over my own company.

My parents are not particularly wealthy and the money has just been enough to send me and my sister to a renowned university. After university, my sister started working full-time in a stock corporation in order to help our parents finance the university for me. I can not thank her enough and although we hardly see each other anymore, as she is too busy with her work and me with the university, I know that I can entrust everything to her. She knows my greatest secret and I know hers.

Although I am introverted I managed to find great friends. Chorong and Irene were always on my side and we went through thick and thin together. My time in university was filled with frustration, joy, passion, heartache, laughter and sleepless nights. I don’t want to show off and say that I am one of the best students, but that’s what I am. Unfortunately, I was not born clever but had to achieve everything with hard work. I often had to sacrifice my sleep to study for the next repetition or test.

I suffered from insomnia for a while, followed by anorexia. It was a bad time and only my two best friends know about it. I couldn’t tell my family because I didn’t want to worry them. Don’t get me wrong, my family is my greatest treasure and normally I would tell them everything, but sometimes I can not speak openly about my problems. My parents have grown old and they really don’t need any additional stress. My sister mostly overreacts and makes a mountain out of a molehill. I am happy that she cares so much about me, but sometimes she makes situations very embarrassing.

I promised my parents that I would buy them a house with five rooms and a big garden. I also promised my sister that I would buy her a sports car and I am certain that I will keep these promises. Do you want to know who takes first place in our university? It’s a girl named Moon Byulyi. She is said to have skipped a school year, but I have never spoken to her personally, so I can not confirm this rumour. How can it be that I have never spoken to her, you ask yourself? Well, the university is large enough and it is also divided into different subject areas. She studies law and I do business. Unfortunately, our specialities are not in the same building, which is why I never see her.

Chorong‘s girlfriend studies the same subject with her, which is also why I keep hearing stories about her. She sounds like a very interesting person, but many girls and boys fancy her. She is said to have refused any love confession. I also never heard that she ever went out with someone, but maybe she is just a private person. But why should I care? It shouldn’t concern me, whether she is with someone or not. I am just stating facts.

My day started just like any other day. I woke up on time and then went to wake Irene up. We both live together to save money. I could also live with my parents, but it would be strange if I had to invite friends. After a quick shower, I started making breakfast for both of us. Cooking is not exactly my strength, but for Kimchi Bokkeumbap, it is enough. Irene finished at the same time as the rice. In just a few minutes we devoured breakfast. We got ready, locked the door, carried the garbage out and then drove to the university. Irene has a small car. An Audi A4. Her family belongs to the upper tier of the salary chain. Her mother works as a cook in a four-star restaurant and her father works as an accountant in a large company.

As always, the journey was short. It takes us about 15 minutes each time, but it takes twice as long if take public transport. I got out in front of the entrance, while Irene drove away looking for a parking space. When Irene came back we went to the lecture hall together. We both study the same field of subject. She later wants to take over her uncle’s company, which is also why she chose this subject. Our professor told us something about an outing. Our class and another class will go camping together for two days straight. Even though we are already in our last year, we have to take part in such events. It is supposed to promote our team spirit. In my opinion, it is a waste of time, but at least you can drink alcohol as long as you don’t get too drunk.

My day was pretty normal. Boring lectures, lunch with my friends and then going home. Irene has an extra hour, so we can’t go home together, but that doesn’t bother me. Chorong is studying marketing, so we hardly have any hours together. She also would much rather spend her time with her girlfrie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter