AKATSUKI

AKATSUKI | SAMO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Waves crushed against the sore, pulling some sand back inside the crystal clear waters of the sea painfully slow as the sky tinted in orange hues let go of it's shiny crown - the sun. Another day had passed by, friendly welcoming the night with it's mysterious and playful moon and stars that would peak through the thickness of the clouds and the sky, but would never fully reveal themselves. 

Two women laid in the golden mattress, the silky and not so cold sand of the beach - once the sun fell asleep, the ground breathed and moaned, relieved of the hot beams that tortured it all day long - hands all over each other. The raven head was face down, exposed back turned to the woman shivering above her while said woman, drew patterns with the pads of her fingers, littered with sand, against the fair skin of the raven's back.

"Do you think I'm wasting my life?" asked the older of the two, shivering from the touch of the blonde "I mean, my future is planned out already. Fate has decided what I have to do, who to be with."

Momo sighed, her own fingers skimming across her piece of the mirror of fate. She, as well as everyone, was given one at the early age of one and gradually, through it, her future was being placed together. Piece by piece like a puzzle, Momo could see her future building in front of her eyes.

"My piece, it shone so long ago, but for some reason I can't bring myself to connect it with my soulmate." she continued, closing her eyes to enjoy the touch of the blonde and giggled a little "That tickles!"

Sana, the blonde, silently dragged her finger down Momo's spine. Her own piece of the mirror abandoned by her side, blue eyes checking it once in a while to see if it'll shine. Shine for the person she dreamed her whole life it would. 

"Sana, are you listening to me?" the raven head turned, a silly smile painted across her face when the younger stared "You're never this quiet."

Handing Momo t-shirt to wear, Sana ran her finger's through her hair. She sighed and laid back, carefully watching the twins, the sun and the moom, swap places.

"I know, it's just that I'm not her." the woman mumbled, feet sinking deep into the sand.

"Her?" Momo questioned, being the one to turn now. Her red orbs met Sana's bright ones and their fingers intertwined, the older bringing the younger closer. 

"Dahyun," Sana's mouth ran dry just by thinking of the younger girl. Not that she had ever done anything to her, just...steal her soulmate "I'll never be her and that's killing me!"

The raven head hummed, the sound of the waves and the salty smell bringing her at peace. The two had spent so much time on that beach ever since they were little, from surfing, searching for octopuses to roast, to camping there for the whole night of their birthdays just to see and react to another part of their future reflect into the piece of the mirror of fate.

"Sana, I love you." it wasn't the first time Momo had confessed "The mirror reflects and determines my future, but doesn't manipulate my feelings. For now, at least."

Gliding against the darkening sky, the moon appeared. It looked alone tonig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter