Two: This Feeling

Four’s an Extra
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yours by Chanyeol is such a damm good song, my favorite right now T-T

Listen to it if you hadn’t yet. Promise you you won’t regret it. 

 

 

Daeon looks at herself in the mirror and she’s taken aback by how beautifully done she’s looking. She’s got all of her thick hair brushed and gathered around in a soft-looking hairdo where she doesn’t look like a very hairy tree as her sister claimed her to resemble but still covering her tattooed neck. There are too many difficulties when it comes to her hair, especially because it’s so tangled and bushy; but brushing it softly and lathering it with a nice smelling cream made her feel.. organized; less tattered than she usually is whenever she leaves her hair down. Aside her hair, she’s got herself squeezed in a nice pair of jeans and a flowery sweater that makes her look three times more girlish than she usually is; wearing her long knee-length black boots instead of her casual vans. 

Her face is lathered with gentle brushes of makeup and she knows she resembles a woman in her early twenties better than she ever did in her whole life, because she doesn’t usually care enough to work on her appearance on most days than she does now, for someone special is about to grace them with his presence.

She turns her head sideways and sees herself in the mirror in a good angle, swiping the pads of her fingers on the sharpness of her jaw and then up to the crescents of her eyes; her orbs so honey-looking than dark coffee by the reflective sun beams coming from the ajar window of her bedroom room. She hasn’t looked so grown up before, and seeing herself tidied and beautiful brought a thud of emotions all over her already tingling body, and she curls her lips inwards so she doesn’t end up smiling so widely. She’s not an ignoramus but she knows when someone looks their best, and she feels like she’s looking her best, too, and that brings a southern feeling of acceptance and delightfulness down the valley of her chest, making her glow with fulfillment and happiness. 

The door of her room smacks open harshly, and comes in strolls her sister, the sound of her footfalls echoing all around the room. She pauses dramatically when she sees Daeon, and when the older sister looks back at her sister with a faint red on her cheeks; she sees Dani’s eyes wider than two soaring plates. Daeon’s flustered because she knows what goes around her sister’s head, but she’s also overflowing with tender softness at looking so remarkably divine, so she allows her sister the smallest temptations of teasing.

“Ooh, look at you all dressed up.” Dani teases, breaking out of her stupor and grinning so widely at her older sister. She walks further inside the room and plops on Daeon’s bed, leaving her door all widely open by itself. 

Daeon looks back at herself in the mirror and feels flummoxed by how harshly red her cheeks are; resembling the wide frames of a very red apple. She’s more annoyed by her own embarrassment than Dani’s loud exclaim, and when she shatters her sister’s mood, it’s more to do with her shyness than anything. “Dani, shut up. I always dress up.”

“I’m sure you believe that in your tiny brain, but I, on the other hand, am an intellectual, and I know for sure that you’re all dressed up because of someone that starts with the letter Park Chanyeol!” Dani exclaims happily, not taking her sister’s words to heart, and throws her arms around, only to wind herself backwards and flops on the bed like a flying squirrel, giggling loudly. 

“His name’s not a letter, first of all,” Daeon says with the sternness of an older sister trying to put her foot down; but the shocking rose pink on her cheeks softens her strict furrow.  “second of all, why would I dress up for someone? That’s too stereotypical of a woman, Dani-yah.”

Dani shoots from the bed to give her sister a wide, disbelieving look. “So you’re going to convince me that all of that makeup on your face is not for Doctor Park Chanyeol?” She’s raising a highly suspicious eyebrow and Daeon doesn’t really want to go there, but Dani can get pretty stubborn when it comes to things she believes are true. 

“No, it’s not,” Daeon’s equally stubborn when it comes to denying those things, too. “I normally put makeup like this.”

Dani snorts so hard her nose might ring forever with that noise. 

Chanyeol has been invited by their mom to get together in a small little park that she thought about for a few days, and knowing how close the doctor and her mom is, Daeon knew that he wouldn’t be able to say a blatant no. What’s really a surprise is her attendance. Her mom’s gatherings and parties are so frequent that Daeon stopped coming to them when university began to be a little hard, and no one really took her badly for this. However, this time Chanyeol was coming and there glowed a certain desire in Daeon’s heart to be around him, so she told her mom an innocent yes hoping that her mom wouldn’t suspect her reasons of agreeing.

Dani, though, was much slier and she knew almost right away what other ulterior motives her sister has for agreeing so easily and kept teasing her about it for days. Daeon would have said it was embarrassing if she wasn’t so fond by how Dani was as she giggled and laughed away. But sometimes Dani can get a bit annoying, like right now. 

“What the heck does that mean!” Daeon exclaims at her sister’s snort, still resembling an angry red fruit at how round and doused her cheeks and whole face are. 

“You’re so simple minded sometimes, my dear sister,” Dani speaks in a posh voice. “But it’s okay. We all do weird stuff out of our character for love.” She sighs like an old poetry wizard so deeply in love with the bull he writes, and Daeon feels a throbbing in her head at how irritating Dani can be sometimes. 

“You’re crazy,” she says out loud, turning around from the mirror and giving her a stare that showed the frazzled shakiness in her pupils. “And I’m not in love with Chanyeol.”

“They all say that, and yet they fall.” Dani sighs again, flopping back on the bed and placing the back of her hand on her forehead, closing her eyes in dramatics. 

It’s Daeon’s time to snort. “They? What the heck are you talking about. You know what? Don’t answer that, just get the hell away from my room.”

Dani practically bounces out of the bed and pirouettes her way out of her older sister’s room while snickering aloud. “You’re in such a big denial, big big denial.”

Daeon looks herself in the mirror after Dani’s gone, and smacks her cheeks softly at looking so thoroughly red for no reasons whatsoever. 

 

-

 

Daeon’s embarrassed to admit that she turns into an awkward turtle when it comes to Chanyeol, even though she met him only recently. She’s all blushy and wide-eyed as they all sit together under a big cherry tree in the almost packed park, with Chanyeol awkwardly trying to force her mom’s monstrous hands from feeding him her famous apple pies. 

She doesn’t want to admit it, but she’s really head over heels for the man. Maybe because she had been so busy with her university that she didn’t have any time to see men and go on dates with them that she’s easily affected by him. Maybe seeing Chanyeol reminded her of her feminine side that she kept on suppressing. Or maybe he’s so divine in her eyes that he managed to knock over all of her walls with a single look towards her. Whatever it is that managed to make Chanyeol a figure that elicited redness from her body all the way to her cheeks; it‘s making her turn into a queasy little girl who doesn’t know how to pick up conversations. 

She stares up ahead at Chanyeol as she leans against the bark of the tree. He’s sitting next to her boisterous mother and stiff dad and trying to stop the older woman from stuffing his face with food without declining so rudely. He’s so tall that even though he’s sitting down he’s still looming over her parents — and Dani, who’s watching the scene while giggling — he’s wearing casual clothes, which look really amazing on him, and Daeon takes into how delightful he looks in jeans and a sweatshirt, out of his hospital wardrobe choices that make him look five years older. He’s looking down at her mother so awkwardly she wants to go and save him, but the curl of his lips is so amusing as well that she can’t help but bite on a smirk.

She notices that he stares at her, too. Perhaps he doesn’t do it on purpose but every time he finds a loop between her parents his eyes would gravitate towards her. She’d want to smile at him but she’s so rigidly sitting that her whole face is nothing more than concrete, harshly grated into a single facial expression: blankness. That doesn’t stop him from checking on her every once in a while, his own lips twitching into a small smile when he finds her always looking back at him. 

Their dog, Fofo, has taken a particular interest in Chanyeol, and he keeps on bouncing around him and cutely asking for pats. She hadn’t thought Chanyeol’s a dog person, so it takes her a bit by surprise when she sees him reciprocating the attention; playing with the dog and scratching him behind his ears every once in a while, smiling widely at the tiny black poodle.

She’s content with watching him and occasionally locking their eyes together because he’s equally as entrapped within her essence as she him, but Dani seems to have some other plans.

“Here,” she says, planting some food in front of her sister and plopping next to her with a relieved sigh. Daeon prepares herself, and looks away from Chanyeol’s captivating eyes. “Mom says you need to eat.”

“Thanks.” Daeon takes a mouthful of food and returns to watch the tall guy, in what she hopes, is secretive stares. Dani’s not letting this off the hook, though. 

“You know,” she begins, plunking some grass from the ground beside the large mast they’re all sitting on. “I think he really likes you, too.”

Daeon whips her head towards her little sister and tries to muffle the uproarious beating of her heartbeats with a forceful gulp. “What makes you say that?”

Dani looks at her like she’s stupid for being so oblivious. “Because the whole time you’ve been watching him, he has been watching you, too.”

“I don’t—I don’t know,” Daeon stutters, and she fiddles with her fingers in a kind of nervous gesture. “I still think you’re delusional.”

“You still think that?” Dani gasps in offense. She doesn’t believe that her sister still believes in that. “What have I ever done to make you think I’m delusional?”

“Uh; let me count them,” Daeon raises her fingers to count, in both hands. “You once mistook my mom’s coat on the hanger as a ghost that’s precisely there to haunt you, and remember that time you actually threw a really expensive lobster dad bought because you’re convinced it’s been poisoned to kill you? Oh, don’t let me remind you about the apples.”

“Oh, the damn a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter