final

I SMILED BECAUSE YOU WERE BEAUTIFUL

“Mina-yah, don’t forget about today’s plan okay? I’ve been waiting to visit Momo ever since she gave birth to Hayeon. Should I wait for you or are you going alone?” Mina was tidying her table when she heard her phone rang. An incoming call from her fiancé. They had made a promise with their childhood friend, Momo, to visit her family after the girl gave birth to a lovely baby girl.

 

“Yes, baby. Please wait for me. I’m almost finished with most of my job. My boss let me out early today.” She talked to Sana with phone between her ear and shoulder. Her hands were putting everything important inside her back, including some of the paper that she had to do in her house.

 

“That’s great to hear, babe. I’ll pick you up at the last station near Momo’s house. Is that okay?” Mina smiled when Sana said she was going to pick her up. she and Sana were friends for most of their lives, but a snowy winter day from 2 years ago changed everything between them.

 

“It’s more than okay, Sana-yah. I’ll be there.” and after that, she hung up the call after Sana said ‘See you’ with a small giggle from the other line. Mina really loved Sana. And that was enough. Because Sana felt the same too.

 

Mina rose up from her seat and bid goodbyes to her co-worker. She left the office with a relaxed pace. She missed Sana today. Even though they lived under the same roof, Mina always felt lost whenever Sana wasn’t by her side. Sana had an early schedule this morning and Mina had to wake up without Sana by her side. Sana was an actress while Mina was the heiress of her parents company, she worked as an ordinary worker to prove herself worthy in her parents’ eyes.

 

Mina decided to walk to the station since she wanted so breathe in some fresh air. It had been a while since the last time she went out for a walk. Then she heard her phone rang in her pocket. When she took it out, she found out it was from someone she had been contacted for a surprise she was going to get on her anniversary with Sana.

 

“Hi, Hyo. How is it going?” Mina greeted. The person from the other line was Jihyo. Mina and Jihyo were best friends from high school and it was still going strong until now.

 

They talked and talked until Mina got into the train station. She tapped her e-money on the scanner and got inside. She waited for the train to come and she was still talking by the time the train came. “I’ve done the things like what you’ve told me and you can pick it up today at my place.” Mina hang up the call after saying goodbye to Jihyo and got into the train.

 

She took out her headphone and plugged it on her phone once she wore it. Mina decided to scroll her phone’s gallery and saw so many pictures of her and Sana together. She looked so happy in the picture. And once she saw a picture of her and Sana wearing the matching dresses with different color (Sana’s was baby blue and hers was soft purple), she immediately put it as her lock screen wallpaper. Both of them wore it on Jihyo and Tzuyu’s wedding. Mina’s home screen wallpaper was the picture of Sana’s back with her tied blonde locks. Mina was honestly whipped for Sana.

 

Mina scrolled through her gallery until she found a picture that broke her heart. the picture of her ex. Mina let out a bitter chuckle. Mina smiled so widely while looking at the pouting girl. ironic. That girl wasn’t someone precious in her life anymore, yet she still managed to make Mina felt bunch of feelings. “We used to love each other so much, and yet you still broke my heart.” Mina let out to herself.

 

And then she continued scrolling. She found herself tearing up at one particular picture. The picture of Mina kissing the girl’s lips gently with love. there’s a birthday cake there. and it was written like this, ‘No matter how hard it is, I’m always here for you, Im Nayeon’. Mina scoffed inside her heart. she really regretted on trusting her heart to that girl.

 

She sacrificed everything for her, but what she got was heartbreak. She remembered the last time she saw Nayeon and felt her heart shattered into another fine pieces. Nayeon had been pushing her away since months before they separated. Mad every times Mina tried to make Nayeon laughed. Furious every times Mina tried to divert her attention from her phone. They had it for 3 months. Even Jihyo and Jeongyeon who were Nayeon’s best friends told her to stop everything before Mina’s heart broke even more.

 

She left the gallery and opened her chatting application. She scrolled her timeline and found out that she hadn’t deleted their previous chats from 2 years ago. Maybe she was just forgotten. She scrolled up until it was November 3rd. The day they began to fall apart.

 

Mina smiled bitterly as she remembered everything happened on that day. Nayeon was disregarded by her own parents. Mina’s parents consoled her, assuring that everything was okay when it wasn’t. Mina was disappointed to be honest to say. Meeting their parent meant that they needed to stop playing and got serious on each other. It was only Mina trying to bring their relation into the next stop, but in the other hand Nayeon was only playing with her. She hated her, really.

 

Eventually she closed the application and locked her phone. Not wanting to see the remaining of Nayeon and her memories. She would delete them later. Then she turned her stare at the window. The scenery was pretty. It was still Autumn and Mina could see people started to wear scarfs as the wind got colder day by day.

 

When the train got into the tunnel, Mina could see a familiar face on the reflection of the window. ‘Is that Sowon?’ Mina thought to herself. And when she tried to look even closer, her eyes met with the eyes once she often found herself got lost into. And at the same time, Mina’s song changed into I Smile by Day6

 

It’s been a while
I didn’t think you’d call first
“If you’re free,
Let’s meet up”
How can I say no to that?

 

Mina laughed to herself. If that happened before Sana mended her heart, maybe she would accept it right away. Even after what happened to her heart. That eyes were still looking at her, but Mina refused to let her own anticipation got ahead of herself. She wasn’t going to talk to Nayeon. Not after she broke her heart. And not even once did she try to contact her after their broke up from 2 years ago.

 

Mina removed the headphone from her ears and placed it on her neck once she arrived to her last stop. Without sparing the couple any greetings, Mina just left with smirk on her face. She knew Nayeon knew what that smirk meant.

 

When Mina got out from thr train, she headed to the exit immediately. She tapped the same e-money on the scanner and left the station. She found Sana waiting for her with a soft smile behind the mask she used to cover herself when she was out in public.

 

Mina walked almost too fast to reach Sana. There was a smile plastered on Mina’s face. Sana pulled the mask down and gave Mina a peck on her lips. It wasn’t a secret to the public that Minatozaki Sana the famous actress who won countless of awards was dating Mina. Both of them cared anyway. And Sana’s fans reaction were okay too. So why not give them something they wanted?

 

“I missed you today.” Mina admitted to Sana with a grin on her face.

 

“I missed you too actually. I kind of regret to leave you alone at home today.” Sana said with a smile. The grin on Mina’s face was getting wider and Sana only rolled her eyes.

 

“Mina, no. We’re in the public.” The moment Sana said that, Mina pouted her lips and gave Sana her magical puppy eyes.

 

Sana tried not to give in, but it was harder than she thought. Because if she gave in right now, she knew she could lose all the control in herself. “No, Mina. Later at home.” And then, Mina sulked for not getting what she wanted. It was the first time Mina acted like that. Usually Mina would be the calm one while Sana was the extra clingy one. But today their roles were changed.

 

Mina was never the whiny and needy one, it was always Sana. Something might have happened to her, Sana thought. Mina always became like that whenever something she didn’t like happened to her and making her felt so vulnerable. Sana turned her back to Mina and grabbed her hand. “Let’s go. Can’t make Momo wait any longer.” Sana said as she pulled Mina together with her. Mina could only sighed when she didn’t get what she wanted.

 

When both Mina and Sana left the station, they were greeted with Dahyun and Chaeyoung waiting for them in front of a black Audi. Dahyun and Chaeyoung were looking Mina weirdly when they noticed Mina wasn’t acting like her usual self. “Unnie, stop acting like that. You’re not even close to be called cute. More to be, you looked disgusting right now.” Dahyun stated with one of her eyebrow raised.

 

Sana chuckled and Chaeyoung let out a loud scoff. Mina always looked like she was about to lose her patience whenever it came to Dahyun and this time was no exception. Mina and Dahyun rarely got along together, but whenever they were left alone with each other Mina would take care of her like her own sibling.

 

“What are you two doing here? Aren’t you supposed to take care of Momo, Dahyun-ah? Beside, why is Chaeyoung here without Jeongyeon-unnie? I’m surprised that she even let you out without her.” Mina asked. Dahyun and Chaeyoung shrugged their shoulders and pointed their fingers to Sana. Mina looked at her fiancé and tried to ask for any explanation. Sana sighed and decided to walk ahead and got into the car. “Chaeyoung, you drive. I’m going to explain later when we already arrived to Momo’s place.”

 

Mina nodded and walked along to the car. it was her car Sana usually used whenever she went to work. when she joined Sana on the backseat, Sana leaned her head on Mina’s strong shoulder. “Jeongyeon was the one who asked me to bring Chaeyoung along when she heard Dahyun was going to pick you up. for the measurement to prevent you choking our poor Dubu last time.” Mina blushed when Sana exposed her like that. well, Sana and Jeongyeon weren’t wrong though.

 

They reached Dahyun and Momo’s house 15 minutes after leaving the station. They got out from the car and Dahyun walked ahead of them to open the door. Dahyun invited the girls in and locked the door.

 

There was a faint sound of television when they got into the house. Momo was at the living room watching the TV while waiting for her wife to come home. There was a baby crib next to the sofa where Momo was sitting at and Momo was seen holding their sleeping baby daughter in her arms. “Babe, I’m home.” Dahyun announced as she made her way toward Momo with a smile. Momo turned around when she heard Dahyun’s voice and smiled when she found Mina, Sana, and Chaeyoung right beside her wife.

 

“Mitang, Satang, Chaeng.” Momo seemed to be so happy whenever she saw her childhood friends. well, they grew up together and spent their childhood together after all. It wasn’t that surprising.

 

Sana ran to Momo and went to look at Momo and Dahyun’s daughter. Sana seemed to be so happy when she saw Hayeon’s sleeping face. “She really looks alike with you, Momoring. I hope she won’t be loving foods like how you do. and I do hope that she won’t be having any of Dahyun’s skill on making corny jokes.” Sana said without even thinking twice. Momo only laughed after hearing that, but Dahyun shot Sana her glare when the said girl unconsciously insulted her.

 

“Glared at her and I’ll choke you later on.” Mina threatened Dahyun and Dahyun only scoffed. Mina was always serious with her words and Dahyun never felt threatened than that honestly.

 

Mina walked to where her fiancé and her childhood friend was. she saw the baby once through the pictures Chaeyoung sent to her. Momo looked at the approaching Mina and smiled. “Do you want to hold her?” Momo asked to Mina. Mina smiled so wide that it surprised Sana. Mina was so happy at this moment and it was enough for Sana.

 

“Can I?” Mina asked softly. Momo nodded and handed her daughter in her arms to Mina. Mina rocked the girl in her arms softly and nuzzled her nose on the baby’s cheeks. Sana looked at Mina fondly. Mina always had a soft spot inside Sana’s heart since they were little. And it only grew to something more as they grew. Both Momo and her had a crush for Mina since high school but both of them got broken when they knew she was dating with the Im Nayeon. Momo got lucky though. She had Dahyun from high school and tied the knot directly after Dahyun’s graduation from college and after Momo found a decent job that could support their family.

 

Sana’s wish was only one. And that was to see Mina became happy no matter what the conditions were. When she saw Mina smiling that happily while holding Momo’s daughter, Sana had this longing in her heart. it felt like home and she wanted her own. she didn’t want to rely on her current thought. she would make it happen for Mina’s happiness.

 

‘One day, Mina. One day. I swore I’m going to make you happy just like this moment. We would make a family of our own.’ Sana swore to herself in her heart.

 

Sana and Mina wanted to stay longer, but they couldn’t do that. Mina returned Hayeon to her mother’s arms and let out a small smile. “I wish we could stay any longer, but Mina needed to rest.” Sana said. There was a small regret painted on her eyes. She really wanted to stay longer with Momo but what could she do?

 

Momo shot her a glance of reassurance and there was a small smile on her face. “It’s okay, Sana. I understand. But you better visit us next time.” Sana smiled at that remarked from Momo. They hugged each other before leaving the house. Mina didn’t really wanted to leave. She wanted to stay with Momo’s baby and pampered her. but she couldn’t and she pouted her lips.

 

“Mina, come on. let’s go.” Mina sighed and followed Sana from behind like a duckling following his mother.

 

Dahyun gave Sana the car’s key and left the house. Both Sana and Mina got into the car. Sana started the engine and she drove away from Momo’s house. Both Sana and Mina’s apartment was a little bit far from Momo’s house but it was worth the wait.

 

Mina’s hand went to reach out so Sana’s and intertwined their fingers together. Mina gently caressed the back of Sana’s hand with her thumb. Sana smiled at her action. But if Mina did something like that, it only meant something. “Mina, I’ve told you to wait until we got home, haven’t I?” Sana let out a low growl as a warning to Mina.

 

Mina let out a small whimper and frustrated whine, that made Sana gripped the steering wheel even harder. She greeted her teeth and her feet stepped onto the gas pedal hard. Sana drove the car in a high speed that Mina might get worried with their safety in her current state.

 

They got into their apartment safely in 30 minutes. Mina almost thought she might die at that moment. Sana was not joking when she said she used to be a racer during her college period.

 

Mina was honestly startled when Sana pulled her out harshly from her passenger seat. Mina gulped. She saw the dark look on Sana’s eyes and that could only mean one thing. Mina was ruined. After making sure the door was already locked, Sana walked toward their apartment room without even removing her grip on Mina’s wrist. She knew it was going to be hurt and red once she let it go, but Mina needed to learn her own lesson.

 

The receptionist man were looking at them with a weird look on his face, but Sana ignored it while Mina was getting red from the embarrassment. They got into the elevator when it opened suddenly. Sana pressed the highest number on the touch panel. Mina suddenly felt cold on her spine and it made her shivered.

 

In a few second, the elevator door opened and both of them stepped out from it and made way to the only room on that floor. Sana successfully opened the door after she put the password in. And now, Mina was honestly terrified of what Sana might do to her once they were in the comfort of the four walls of their room. Sana got into the room first and followed by Mina soon after that.

 

By the time Mina closed the door, her wrists were pinned to it and she was kissed harshly. Mina wanted to resist, but thus was what she wanted. Sana’s attention only for her and her alone. A single on her bottom lip managed to make her entire body shook from the sensation and opened willingly. Sana let her tongue played with Mina’s as she removed her hands from Mina’s wrist and proceed to get rid of the clothing on her fiancé’s body.

 

Both of them parted their lips when oxygen became a problem between the 2 of them. Mina was panting so hard when she realized Sana’s heated gaze on her. She squealed when Sana suddenly carried her on her front with hands gripping tightly on Mina’s tight. Tired of her lips, Sana trailed her lips to Mina’s jaw and neck instead. A soft moan escaped from Mina’s lips when Sana suddenly on the skin behind her ear.

 

“Mina” Sana whispered sensually on Mina’s sensitive ear. Mina closed her eyes while trying to ease the sudden need rising in her tummy. Her hands were becoming putty as she gripped Sana’s shirt hard. Hard enough that it could be ripped.

 

Sana reached their bedroom in no time and laid Mina gently onto the bed. She got rid of the clothing from Mina’s upper body on their way to the bedroom. Sana looked incredibly hot from how her neck was covered with bite marks from Mina, Mina was in a same condition with Sana or not, worse. That was what Mina wanted anyway.

 

“You’re mine” Mina heard what Sana said lastly before she devoured the girl that night. Mina hopelessly nodded her head and gripped Sana’s shoulder as hard as she could while letting out whines, moans, whimpers, and Sana’s name for the rest of their night.

 

A few hours passed and Mina’s body was covered under the thick blanket they had. Mina had one arm covering her eyes as she panted, coming down from the high Sana had brought her for the 3rd time. Sana still had her black shirt hanging loosely on her shoulder. She turned to look at Mina and let out a smile.

 

“Good?” Sana asked as she pulled Mina close to her and placed her hands on Mina’s waist and her head on top of Mina’s. she had her eyes close as she tried to enjoy Mina’s soft labored breath.

 

Sana felt a smack on her shoulder but then a gentle touch on it “Sore. You didn’t need to be that rough on me.” Sana couldn’t see it, but she was sure Mina had that cute pout on her lips based from her whiny tone. She just laughed it off and pulled the younger woman closer to her. Mina hid her face on Sana’s chest as she nuzzled closer. Sana’s hand starting to caress Mina’s hair gently.

 

Now that she had satiated the hunger and the need Mina had since this afternoon, Sana needed to talk to her fiancé. Mina wouldn’t have acted out if there was nothing happened to her. “Babe, is there something you want to talk to me?” Sana gently asked. her hands didn’t stop caressing her hair and Mina felt grateful for the action.

 

“I met Nayeon inside the train.” Mina started. Sana chuckled.

 

“Is that so? You can tell me everything that is bothering you. I won’t be mad.” Sana gently persuaded. Mina let out a soft okay to her.

 

Mina sighed and tugged Sana’s shirt gently. Sana stopped all of her movement and look at the girl. Mina pouted her lips and Sana gave a peck on them. Both of them giggled at the same time and Mina let out the brightest smile on her face. “I met both Nayeon and Sowon today. Nayeon noticed me because our eyes met. But I don’t think Sowon noticed me. she was too busy with her phone.” Mina confessed. The things she had kept up from 2 years ago finally resurfacing and she was ready to tell Sana every of it.

 

“That night from 2 years ago, I’ve never felt so betrayed and played before. She made me believe all of the things she said. she put the blame all on me. and she even made me lost my trust to someone easily. She made me believed that she loved me with all her heart despite her reputation and the warning I’ve got from her friends. I do know that she and Sowon were close, but the way she chose Sowon over me just made me mad. I mean, do I look that little on her eyes? She could do that to people, but not to me. I still had heart and feelings. if she didn’t had both of that, she didn’t need to make me lose them right?”

 

Mina really let out her frustration on Sana who was willing to listen all of it. Sana was the one with her that night after her broke up with Nayeon. She still remembered about it clearly. The day the snow fall on her was the same day she lost her love. but at the same time, it was the day she found her true love. her soulmate. Mina couldn’t be more grateful than that.

 

“It’s okay, Minari. Some people aren’t meant to be together. I’m sure you know about this too. you couldn’t tie the knot with her, but you still have me by the end of the day. even if you didn’t end the things between you and Nayeon, I would always stay by your side and hold you close to me. sometimes love makes you lose the things you love, but at the same time love makes you appreciate what you have. Love is blind, I know. but I’m glad I’m not blind enough to make me lose you from my grasp.”

 

Sana felt lighter after letting out the feelings she had been keeping for years. It made her remembered the pain she felt when she almost lost Mina from her life. but what made her glad was her foolishness was the one who made her got the one that she had been loving. She was glad she didn’t let Mina go easily.

 

“I love you, Satang.” Mina gently confessed. Mina already said I love you countless time to Sana, but every time she said it felt so intimate that Sana could feel the tingling sensation inside her heart.

 

“I love you more, Mitang.” Sana pulled Mina back into her arms and pulled the blanket higher to cover Mina’s body.

 

Both of them closed their eyes almost at the same time. the soft breath both of them exhaled was enough to lull them to sleep. it was only silence who accompany them to sleep, until Mina decided to destroy the moment by asking, “When is our pre wedding photoshoot again?” Sana shot her eyes opened and glared at the younger woman.

 

“MINA CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME SLEEP?” Sana let out a frustrated whine and Mina could only laughed as she gave Sana a peck on each of her fluffy cheeks. And once she finished, she nuzzled back on Sana’s chest and buried her face on it. Sana just sighed as she caressed Mina’s hair gently and place a soft kiss on the top of her head. ‘You might not know it, but you’ve been my Cinderella since the day one, Minari.’ Sana said to herself before slowly drifting into dreamland.

 

~FINISH~