Love Is. . .

Lyrics of My Love Stories

Song: Love Is…
Artist: Dong Bang Shin Ki
Characters: Park YooChun and Kwon BoA

Kwon BoA’s perspective

“No, no I can’t lose it!” I searched harder in my school bag but it was another failure attempt. My phone was still missing. My parents are going to punish me. This is the seventh time I lost my cell phone. I checked under my desk for the fifth time however there was no sign of my blue phone anywhere. Where is that thing? It was four in the afternoon when I realized it was lost. School was over at that time. Silent devoured the room as I stopped to think. The classroom was deserted except for my best friend, YeonHee and me. She was sitting on her chair amused seeing me panicked. She may be evil but truly she cares about me. I continued to destroy my school bag as I took every single object out.

“BoA, enough before your bag is torn apart,” YeonHee shook her head. She was smirking too. “I’ll call your phone and you try to find the ring tone.” She took out her cell phone and started dialing. We waited in silent. “It’s ringing, where was the last time you had it?” I thought about her question and I remembered I was in computer room earlier.

My legs immediately rushed out to the abandoned hallway. In the desolated computer room, I saw the lights were still on and some computers were not shut down. Strange, was someone still here? I scanned the room and confirmed that not a soul was here except for me. This is wasting electricity. I walked to one of the still running computer and shut it down. I did the same to the others. As I was walking to the last working computer, I heard my cheerful ring tone. My mobile phone was here. I turned around to find the source and it was coming from the cabinet. The cabinet was full of CDs and records. My blue phone was between a CD and a book, perfectly arranged. Funny, I don’t remembered going near the cabinet. Anyway I grabbed my still ringing phone and answered it.

“Thanks YeonHee, I’ve found it~.” I cheerfully said just to annoy her. I was waiting to hear her voice of irritation as a replied but the voice that responded to me was completely different. It was a male’s voice, deep and full of amusement.

“Glad you found it. I was worried you never going to come.” At first I was confused. Questions started to fill my head within seconds. Continued with shock, my hands were shaking. “Next time try not to lost it again. Bye BoA.” The line went dead after that. He knows my name too? I checked my phone if he did anything to it. Fortunately, all of my contacts and messages are still in it. He did not do anything to it. When I saw it was almost five, my legs sprinted again. My parents are going to kill me if I do not get home. The hallway that used to be busy with students was vacant and dimmed. I could only hear the sound of my own footsteps walking alone, gradually slowing. It was creepy as the sun settled down bit by bit. I tried to control my breathing as I walked. Out of the blue, my phone rang. Without thinking, I answered it. I need to hear a voice. I do not want to feel unaccompanied.

“Do you have a phobia about being alone?” the deep voice spoke. My feet froze the moment I heard it. I scanned the deserted hallway and saw no one. “It’s no use in trying to find me.”

“Okay, who are you and what do you want from me?” I was frustrated when I asked that. Reason because he can read me like a book! He just knew me and he knows what I’m thinking while I only could guess who he is. He just laughed as an answer. His laugh was sweet with his unusual deep voice. His voice was uniquely deep and compelling.

“I just want to be friends, that’s all. What’s the harm in that?” I was getting sick hearing his voice full of optimism. “I like you BoA.” I heard him muttered, though it was low and almost whispering that I could barely hear it. His statement made my cheeks hot. There was a short pause before he spoke yet again. “You better go home before your parents get worry.” the moment he mentioned my parents, I dashed to my classroom. While I was packing my books, the stalker was mumbling about how forgetful I am sometimes. Why does he know so much about me? It was getting on my nerves.

“Yah, at least give me a nickname to call you. If you refuse, I’ll call you stalker.” in fact I already call him a stalker. The other line was quiet for some time before I heard some movements, maybe he was thinking. As I set my last book in, I found a note from YeonHee. It was on my desk beneath my entire books. She was tired of waiting for me so she went home ahead. I should have called her or something, I felt bad. When I was about to hang up my phone, the stalker voiced out.

“How about Micky? As in the mouse only without an e.” I was on my way out from the classroom when I started to laugh. “What’s so funny?” I told him nothing. Does he know I like Mickey Mouse? After that, I ended up talking to him all the way back home. I found out that he likes to joke and he too, likes Mickey Mouse. Though he still refuses to tell me who he really was.

Ever since that incident, Micky started to call me everyday. At first I was annoyed, however I got used to it and he was a great listener. YeonHee and I always bicker plus I feel somewhat relief whenever I told my story to Micky. He would listen quietly as I babble on and on. After each story I told him, he would give me advice or joke about it. His jokes managed to make me laugh every time. His laugh also made my heart smile; it was always pure and childlike. It made me believe he would never lie to me. I also learned that he played the piano; I once heard him play over the phone. He sang me a song, which I never heard before. He told me he likes to write songs. The funny thing is he is like my ideal man. Someone who would talk or listen to me, make me laugh, sing me a song and give me happiness. I just needed to hear his deep voice and already my lips formed a smile.

“Micky, who are you?” I was gazing at the clouds in my bedroom. It has been approximately three months since Micky found my phone. I’ve grown attached to him and nowadays I’m the one who calls him. I heard some soft muffles in the background. It was mixed voices of males and also an engine purred quietly. Where was he?

“I’m Micky and you’re BoA.” He simply answered. I really want to strangle him right now. He still has not told me who he really is. In the background again the muffles went softer and softer until it was silence. There was still an engine sound though. After a few seconds I heard a bang sound. I asked him about that. “It was the door.” His tone was soft and lifeless. It made me worried. He would never talk to me in that tone. His voice was usually cheerful and full of life.

“Micky, are you okay?” he did not answered me. I called out him name but there was no replied. I shouted his name but it was still responded with silent. I listened intently on the background. I heard a faint breathing and the engine purring quietly. I was getting anxious. Why isn’t he answering me? I called him name over and over again. When there was still answer, I felt my tears forming and my heart accelerating. Micky, please answer me.

“Micky can’t answer you right now,” a tenor voice suddenly spoke. It shocked me. It was not the voice that I wanted to hear. Where was the voice that always comforted me? “I’m Xiah, Micky’s friend.” His voice has a hint of squeakiness in it. It was also colored with concern. It made me feel unease more then ever.

“Where’s Micky?” my voice shook as I breathe. My breathing got shorter and shorter as my mind focus on Xiah’s voice. I bit my bottom lip to suppress my sobs. My heart was still racing as I managed to stop my tears.

“Can you come to the Seoul Airport?” he didn’t answered me directly but I have a feeling he wanted to tell me something else, something important. I replied yes to his question and he ordered me to go there now. I hung up as soon as I rushed out. Seoul Airport was just a few kilometers away from my house. It’ll take me approximately fifteen minutes if I took the taxi. My mind focused on my memories of Micky when I sat in the taxi. The days when we talked to each other, how I miss his voice if he didn’t call, the jokes that made me laughed and the first song he sang to me. I placed my hand over my chest and I could feel my heart beating. Why do I feel so worried? Why do I never want to let Micky go? Why all of a sudden?

The Airport was busy as ever when I arrived. My eyes look around as soon as I stepped into the entrance hall. I’ve always had an imaginative image of Micky. I remembered one night when I asked him to describe himself. He answered he had white smooth skin, mushroom hairstyle and baby like cheeks. I tried to picture it in my head and find anyone who had those characteristics. My heart felt so uneasy as I searched.

“BoA?” my eyes stopped scanning and my body froze when I heard that deep voice. It was the voice that made my day so much happiness. I was afraid somehow and I was also tensed. My whole body was shaking as I slowly turned to see my mysterious friend. My heart pounded faster at every centimeter I moved. At first he smiled at me, his smile was like an angel’s. He had the pale smooth skin, mushroom hair and baby like cheeks. He was my Micky. “BoA, what are you doing here?”

I couldn’t answer him. I couldn’t say a word. My vision was getting blurry as my tears accumulated. “Micky? Are you really Micky?” my voice cracked as I took little steps towards him. My tears slowly flowed across my face. My hand reached for him, wanting to hold him. He nodded in responded and at the same time, he took my hand. His hand was bigger than mine and warmer. I held it tight as I tried to memorize him.

“Are you disappointed in seeing me?” he looked at me directly. His low voice was full of fear. I shook my head as I bit on my lips. “Then why are you crying?” his right hand caressed my face. I closed my eyes and placed my hand on top of his. This is like a classic drama. I finally met him…but in an Airport? It’s not fair. I could my tears flow on my hand. I couldn’t stop it. I couldn’t stop him.

“Are you leaving me?” I subconsciously asked. I hold his hand tighter as I gradually opened my eyes. My sight was blurry but his face was perfectly clear. He looked at me with a mixed expression before placing both of his hands to cup my face and rested his forehead on mine. He closed his eyes after doing so. I suddenly felt my cheeks blazing. I tried to control my breathing. Our faces were so close now. I could feel his warm mint breath on my lips. I could hear my own heart beating faster and harder. “Well?” I whispered. He didn’t answer me right away. The pause seemed like without end to me. I don’t mind though. This way I could treasure his existence more.

“I’m not going anywhere silly,” he teased me. I pushed him away and he laughed at my face. I wonder what was my expression because he couldn’t stop chuckling. “My friend is the one who’s leaving,” he pointed at a group of boys across the airport, all four of them were grinning at us. I felt blood rushed to my face, have they been spying on us? This is embarrassing. One was really very tall and had short black hair. The other one next to him was shorter but more feminine looking with his clear pale face. Another one has a muscular body and dark brown hair. The last person also had a muscular body but smaller and he had the hugest grin among all of them. He also had a suitcase with him. Soon the four boys walked to our direction.

“Glad you could make it BoA. I always wanted to see you before I depart,” his squeaky voice sounded like Xiah’s. He was the one holding the suitcase. “Now I can leave Micky safe in your care,” he laughed. His laughed was unique and it sounded high, almost like a dolphin’s. I could feel my cheeks burning once again as I stared at Micky. He had his head down and smiled at me. His cheeks were flushed and his smile was a shy one. I gave him a smile too as I reached for his hand.

“I love you BoA” was the last statement he said before his lips engulfed mine.

Without realizing it, I have fallen in love…

carameltouch.blogspot.com