EPILOGUE

Damn You Park Jimin (Aka. Suga How You Get So Fly)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They’ve been dating for six blissful months, but Yoongi has a secret, and he needs to get it off his chest. They’re snuggled on the couch in Yoongi’s penthouse. Taehyung’s studying for an upcoming test, and Yoongi’s reviewing paperwork to finalize the branding of MY TECH’s new global partnership.

“I have a confession to make,” Yoongi declares suddenly.

“Confession?” Taehyung inquires, putting down the textbook he’s been reading and giving Yoongi his full attention.

“Mmm, it was something I planned on telling you that night in your studio when you said we should date. That evening, I had planned on confessing to you. I even practiced my speech on the way over to see you, but then you beat me to it. After that, it didn’t seem as important as living in that moment, you know? Afterward, I just kind of forgot. But I don’t want us to have any secrets, so I need you to know.” Yoongi pauses and takes a breath before speaking again. “The first time I saw you wasn’t on my first visit to the café,” he confesses.

“What? You saw me before that? Where, how?” Taehyung questions, eyes wide with shock, and Yoongi feels a bit guilty.

“So, you know how Namjoon and I are actually old friends? Well…”

 

One Week Before Visiting The Café

“Hyung, to what do I owe this visit?” Namjoon asks, flinging open his office door. “I’m sure our meeting was set for next Thursday, and Jin hyung already reminded me about our monthly dinner.”

“Nothing really. I just finished a meeting close by and thought I’d drop in and say hi. If you’re busy, I can come back another time,” Yoongi tells his friend as he walks into the man’s spacious office.

“No, no, hyung, I always have time for you. Also, I could use the distraction. I've been looking at documents since I got in this morning. I think my eyes are actually numb from reading.” Yoongi chuckles at Namjoon’s words.

“So, what have you been up to Joonie? Seokie says you met someone.” Namjoon blushes at the statement. “Oh, so it’s true.”

“It is. It’s kind of new, at least the seriously dating part. I, uhm—so, you know how we have fancy dinners and that we need to attend. Promise not to judge me, hyung. This job doesn’t give me much time to play the field, so to speak. But I needed a date for a function,” Namjoon pauses as though trying to find the right words, and Yoongi wonders what could have the man looking so flustered. “So, I—uhm, I signed up on a Sugar Daddy site.”

“You what?” Yoongi can’t help his outburst. “Joon, you are the least impulsive person I know. How the hell?”

“I know, I know, but I was desperate, hyung,” the younger man tells him. “It brought me my Jiminnie, so I don’t regret a thing. The site was called MY Baby Babe. Ironically, I chose it because the name reminded me of MY TECH,” Namjoon admits with a chuckle.

“Happy I could help. Jiminnie?” Yoongi repeats the name, eyebrow raised quizzically.

“Here,” Namjoon states, grabbing a picture frame off his desk and handing it to Yoongi. “Jimin’s the one in the middle, the one that looks like an angel from heaven. Jungkook’s on the left. Can you believe how tall that kid’s gotten? Remember when he threw up in your lap? God, that’s still funny.”

As Namjoon reminisces about their youth, Yoongi’s mind is preoccupied with other things.

“Wh-who’s the guy on the right?”

Did he just stutter? The boy in the photo catches Yoongi’s interest immediately. There’s something about the man’s boxy smile that is both alluring and endearing. He stares at the image a beat longer than necessary, almost missing Namjoon’s next words.

“On the right? Oh, that’s Taehyung, Jimin’s best friend and roommate. Ironically, he works at Jin hyung's newest café, the one over in Daejeon. Jungkook works there too. Eomma wants him to learn the value of money,” Namjoon tells him.

Taehyung .

Yoongi commits the name to memory.

“I miss your eomma. How is Eomma Bug? I miss her cooking,” Yoongi declares.

“She’s good. I miss it too,” Namjoon tells him with a pout. “She sends care packages for Jungkook all the time, and I typically nab a thing or two from them. Don’t tell.”

Yoongi laughs.

“Mr. Kim, your two-thirty is here,” Namjoon’s secretary states over the intercom.

“Oh , I forgot about this meeting,” Namjoon says with a disgruntled sigh.

“No worries, it’s about time I get going anyway. See you later, Joonie,” he tells the man as he gets up from his seat.

“See you later, hyung,” Namjoon bids him farewell as he begins to leave. “Hyung, you should stop by the café sometime. I know Jungkook would love to see you.”

Yoongi waves and smiles at the younger man as he leaves. He has every intention of visiting the café. However, Jungkook is not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter