...

A Grain of Salt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter





PLOT - 27

Originality - 10 - very few people give reasons behind a Kings turn to evil. Also, very few mix dreamwalkimg and fantasy so yay
Setting - 9 - loved the descriptions of everything and the feel of the story. Loved how comfortable magic was with everyone. Would have liked and explanation for Magic, for the politics, for the people, etc.
Believability - 8 - progressed a little too fast for my taste. If only there were 5 chapters... one in between 2 and 3 to set the pace better, and one at the end to wrap up questions. I really do think this could be a great long story though.

CHARACTERIZATION - 26


Presentation - 8 - very good for Rowoon. However, you described him multiple times but only mentioned that Minji was tall... nothing about her features or anything was ever described.
Development - 8 - Rowoon's character is really good but has an inconsistency with how he feels about serving. Minji's character is also really good but she goes back and forth between naive and brave Would have liked more consistency with them, as well as more characterization for the side characters. For instance, why did Siyeon not meet her eyes? I thought it signified betrayal tbh.
Purpose - 10 - definitely only had people in for their purpose, which was good so the story didn't get bogged down. However, the side characters felt TOO side.

WRITING STYLE - 27

Narration - 10 - your narration here was really nice... Ive got nothing at all to comment on!
Consistency/Flow - 7 - the time breaks are too brief - I get that it was a short story that was rushed but it feels like it when it comes to events. When you have a characters introduction take only 2 paragraphs, you know the story is rushed. Take the time and flesh out the characters and the scenes properly so that they breath life into the story and don't just jump from one to the next.
Spelling/Grammar - 10 - good as always. Typos here and there, several times a chapter, but those I don't take off for. Also, mentioned "you" instead of "her" once.

Prompt Use - 10
Just great... I loved the use of this prompt and the tie in to the culture here. Maybe could have showed that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter