Chapter 4: White as Cream

White as Canvas

 

 

Cream is an interesting twist from milk. It isn't as white due to the yellowish appearance, but when whipped it turns into a fluffy white delicacy. Minjoo enjoys eating anything with cream with it like cake or creampuffs, mostly because of the sweetness that is hidden behind it.

 

When she has the chance, Minjoo would stop by at a store on her way home. She would buy those ready-made creampuffs people can buy in bags and snack on them while walking. Her parents aren't particularly happy when they found out about it, but Minjoo explained eating sugar helps her with focusing on studying.

 

Her parents didn't believe her but they let it go.

 

~

 

Minjoo went to the cafe she and the other girls ate at a week before to meet Nako and apparently Hitomi. She noticed it has gotten colder, so rather than ordering an iced americano, she settled with hot chocolate. She loves the cold but she doesn't plan on getting hypothermia.

 

Before coming here, even before coming to school earlier, she was wondering what Nako and Hitomi wanted to talk about. They weren't really close, but she found out they were the same age. Minjoo also noticed the girls were still struggling a bit with their Korean, which is understandable she believes. It has been around two years since they came here.

 

While waiting, she decided to get a few things done. She wanted to sleep early tonight, Mondays do that to her. Minjoo was so focused on the task at hand she didn't notice the two Japanese girls were already making their way to her table. She only looked up when Nako knocked on the table.

 

Minjoo looked up in surprise and saw Nako was sporting a cheeky smile while Hitomi was trying to stop her laugh, "sorry. I didn't notice you guys."

 

Nako shook her head before sitting down, Hitomi following her lead, "no worries. Sorry we took long though, our Korean instructor decided to hold his class longer." 

 

The tallest girl only smiled and told the two new arrivals to order first before they should talk. Once finished, Nako and Hitomi decided to talk to Minjoo about their Korean class first. Saying the instructor is pressuring them to improve faster and they should've been fluent by now.

 

This caused Minjoo to crease her forehead, she didn't say it but Nako and Hitomi could hear her thoughts loud and clear. That's complete bull.

 

Minjoo was starting to notice where the conversation was going but she let the two set the pace. She saw Nako started hesitating, which is a first in the entire conversation they've had. The smallest girl was literally the only one talking.

 

Hitomi saw her friend struggling to ask for a favour too, "Minjoo." The said girl looked at the taller Japanese, "can you please tutor us?"

 

Minjoo expected it but that doesn't mean she isn't surprised, "why not ask for Chaeyeon's help though? She's fluent in Japanese so it'll be easier for you guys."

 

Nako then gathered enough confidence to defend their stance, "Chaeyeon was the one who suggested you though! We didn't even think of getting a tutor but when we told Chaeyeon about our situation, she recommended asking you to tutor us."

 

Hitomi nodded her head in agreement, "besides! Chaeyeon told us you are great in speaking Japanese too!"

 

Minjoo was taken aback, Lee Chaeyeon I swear. She thought Chaeyeon was lucky they were friends.

 

~

 

Minjoo agreed and she didn't hide her glare towards Chaeyeon. The latter only laughed at her and patted her head, "It'll be fine. You need to venture out more."

 

Minjoo stared at Nako and Hitomi's notes in front of her, studying where they are in their lessons to make sure she'll be able to teach them properly.

 

She doesn't know it yet, but Chaeyeon was right.

 

---

hi ho~ how are you guys doing? I'm still in a kind of slump which is why the updates are slower than usual :((( 

Anyway, how are you finding the fic so far? Again, any and all feedback is appreciated so leave them down in the comments. I'll do my best to write this fic prettily.

for now, I'll see you in the next chapter. Ppyong!