Chapter 2: White as Sugar

White as Canvas

 

Sugar is an interesting ingredient. The pure white grains contained a certain sweetness that tasted like no other. But what makes it unique is where it came from. Sugarcane's outside is a clear green colour. Green is known to have a calming effect on people due to its appealing appearance. Minjoo wonders if that is why she feels calm when eating anything sweet. 

 

The white grains exude a certain scent, proving to be the sweet delicacy it is. But if a person isn't careful, that one ingredient can turn into something unappetising. There's a reason why people mistake salt at sugar at times.

 

Minjoo thinks that's how life is, salt tends to be more powerful than sugar though.

 

~

 

When Chaeyeon said they would eat dinner, Minjoo didn't think they would stay at the cafe. She didn't mind though, the cafe in front of the academy had a good menu for dinner. She loves pasta and pastry so it's a win for her. 

 

There were 12 of them together. Luckily other students' academy sessions weren't finished yet so they managed to get enough seats for all of them. Minjoo didn't get to talk to all of them much, except for Chaeyeon, but she knew all of their names. 

 

She was sitting next to Chaeyeon at the other end of the table and Nako was on her right. Next to Nako was Sakura and Hitomi, the three of them are from Japan and are exchange students at a school near the academy. Then we have Hyewon, she was from the same school as Chaeyeon so there were times she would also walk to the academy with her. Chaeyeon explained Hyewon doesn’t get to walk with her often because she always had to stay behind.

 

Then we have Yena and Yuri at the other end of the table. The two go to separate schools but they first met at a vocal academy. They didn’t plan enrolling to the same after school academy though. Chaewon and Eunbi are cousins. Although the latter is older by a few years, she’s only a grade above Chaewon because she decided to start schooling late. Wonyoung and Yujin have known each other since they were younger, coming from the same home town.

 

Minjoo was almost always silent throughout their dinner, only speaking when the others asked her something. They didn’t push her though, luckily Chaeyeon knew her well enough to know her shy personality. She thought it was interesting, how the others seem to understand her so much despite speaking properly for the first time.

 

Maybe this was a good choice. Minjoo continued eating and listening, laughing at Yena and Yuri’s shenanigans. She felt comfortable, something she hasn’t felt in a long time. She was intrigued. 

 

Minjoo thinks it’s time for a little sweetness in her life.

 

---

hi hi~ here's the second chapter for WaC!! I hope you're enjoying this so far, please do leave comments as it'll help me fix things up.

how are you doing? I hope you're keeping safe and healthy! So far, the fic is flowing slowly but similarly to Lean on Me, it'll start picking up soon. I hope you'll be with me until the end of this fic too~
 

again, any and all feedback is very much appreciated so leave them below~ Subscribe to be notified of updates or follow me on twitter: twitter.com/izone_universe ! For now, I'll leave you be. I'll see you in the next chapter, ppyong!