Prologue: White as Snow

White as Canvas

Everything is white as snow covers the road, the top of cars, roofs of houses. With each breath every person breathes out, white smoke emerges. Minjoo never minded it though, she prefers snow than the sun, which is why she hates summer.

 

Winter just started though, she never expected the snowfall would be this hard so soon. So while sitting inside the classroom, Minjoo stares through the window watching each snowflake fall from the sky before it lands on the pile on the ground.

 

"Miss Kim." Minjoo looks at her teacher with surprise, she didn't notice she was already zoning out, "I would appreciate it if you paid attention."

 

Minjoo muttered a soft apology and kept her head down. She went on with her day as per usual. Attending all her classes and barely surviving while heading straight to the afterschool academy she attends.

 

While walking, she noticed it's getting colder. She didn't exactly prepare for the temperature so before heading inside the academy building, she went to the convenience store nearby. Minjoo decided to buy a few heat packs and hot chocolate to bring inside. 

 

Before paying, she noticed a few students inside the store. She saw a few who were in the same sessions as she is but she never really got the chance to get close with them.

 

Minjoo, of course, had the chance to talk to them before. But she didn't have the time to get to know them. Her parents always expected her to head straight home right after her sessions, so every time they asked her to have dinner, she declined.

 

She always wondered what would happen if she defied her parents just once and go with the other students to hang out.

 

---

Hi hi! Welcome to my new fic~ This will be different from Lean on Me so I hope you won't expect too much from this lol. Hopefully you will be able to enjoy from White as Canvas though~

Again, any and all feedback will be very much appreciated so please don't hold back! Leave them in the comments down below~

For now, I'll leave you be and I'll see you in the first chapter~ This marks the beginning of a new book and I hope you'll read it until the end. I'll try my best to upload regularly. Subsribe to be notified for updates too~

Until the next chapter, ppyong!