How I Met

Playing Cupid is Not My Idea of Romance (Twice Univ AU)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Discrepancy: in Handcuff Challenge, Jackson is Sana’s ex and Tzuyu’s RA on freshman year.

Jackson is still Sana’s ex… but not Tzuyu’s RA anymore.

MINJOONG.

Soft, furry, and fluffy.

That’s what welcomed her in their shared apartment as Nayeon removes the blindfold as soon as she sets foot inside the spacious, luxurious place.

 

The cute medium-sized dog stuff toy is sitting on the floor, almost like a real dog, with its tongue out, looking expectantly at Tzuyu. Tzuyu is… well she doesn’t know what to think about it yet. But a small smile is already making its way towards her face. Nayeon wraps her arms around her, squeezing her arms, “So, so?! Do you like it?!”

 

And Nayeon… for her part is already bursting with excitement and delight. A pure ball of energy and enthusiasm. She sets Tzuyu’s luggage bags inside, pulling it towards the living room. She spins, putting her arms on the side pointing at everything. “It’s mixture of us. Okay? I know you like some pastel colors so I had the walls repainted.” Tzuyu looked around and indeed the walls are now a mixture of pastel blue and white, a slight tinge of brown wood on the cornice and baseboards. There’s one wall in the living room painted with a dark indigo, with the wall TV and drawers. Slick, almost the same as Tzuyu’s headboard in her room.

She looks down and picks up the stuff toy on the floor, rubbing its head almost as if it’s a real dog. “Do you like it? Do you like it?! I saw it at the department store when I was looking for throw pillows. I know you’re sad about leaving Gucci behind… and ooh! Ooh!! Get this!” Nayeon leaps, dashing towards one of the rooms. She hugs the stuff toy, not moving from her spot in the middle of the room. When Nayeon comes back, she has a big rectangular board in her hand, wrapped up with a ribbon.

 

“Open it! Open it!!”

Tzuyu chuckles at Nayeon’s giddiness. She pulls the ribbon and unwraps the board as Nayeon holds it from behind. A picture of her and Xin Yi winning their first Cup was revealed soon after. The exact same picture Tzuyu gave Nayeona as a gift when she was younger. She puts the stuff toy on her side and grabs the picture frame from Nayeon. When you look up close, it’s a collage of all the pictures Tzuyu had sent Nayeon of her riding Xin Yi since she got her up to last month. “Wow.”

Nayeon laughs, “I totally nailed this, right? I got it enlarged and had all the pics you gave me into a Mosaic."

Nayeoon moves towards the side of Tzuyu hugging her, almost kissing her neck. “We’re gonna have so much fun!! Ahh~~ You’ll love it here, Tzuyu. You won’t regret it I promise!”

JIHYO.

Tzuyu meets Jihyo first at Registration.

“Just look for Jihyo. She has a shoulder-length brown hair. She is with me in the Fashionista Club, she’s also in the University Student Council. I told her about you and she’ll guide you, ‘kay?” Nayeon said as they both walk side by side towards the University. It is Tzuyu’s first day and she has mixture of excitement and nervousness brawling inside her. Which is not a good sign. Not when she’s trying to remember her Korean and already repeating the things she and Nayeon practiced the night before.

 

Noticing Tzuyu’s slow pace, Nayeon looped her arms towards Tzuyu, leaning into her, “Don’t be nervous. You’ll do just fine.”

Tzuyu sighs, “Are you sure you can’t come with me?”

 

Nayeon pouts and hangs onto Tzuyu tighter, “I’m sorry! I need to get my schedule as well from the other side of the Campus ground. But I’ll meet you at lunch, alright? And call me if you get lost.”

Tzuyu’s eyes widen and bit her lower lip. Nayeon was quick to comfort her, “Not that you’re gonna get lost. Heh… It’s a small campus, okay? You won’t get lost.”

Tzuyu narrows her eyes at Nayeon and says, “You just outright lied to me.”

Nayeon laughs, “Ok, ok. Just… You won’t get lost, alright? Even if you do, I’ll find you.”

“Are you Jihyo?”

“Oh! Are you Tzuyu? Nayeon-unnie’s Tzuyu?”

Tzuyu has half a mind to correct her. But Nayeon explained her that’s how they pronounce her name in Korean. So she nods instead, “She told me to look for you?”

When Jihyo sends her a warm smile, she immediately relaxed. From all Nayeon’s story, Jihyo is the one who keeps her grounded, who keeps her in line. Even from stories alone, Tzuyu already knows she already likes Jihyo.

“Yes. Let me help.”

 

Chaeyoung

It’s her third class for the day, and Tzuyu thinks it’s not so bad after all. She has a break after this until 5pm for her last class. Her classmates have been nice so far, always greeting her and she can see that most of them has no idea what they’re doing as well.

 

She sits in one of the Middle rows, minding her own business when a girl plops down next to her with a heavy groan. It is just after lunch and it’s that time where most people would rather take naps. She cautiously take a quick glance at her left, taking in the small girl.

 

She wanted to say Hi and introduce herself but she finds the words stuck in , that she almost wanted to groan. Why can’t she make the first move for a change? She inhales deeply and puffs air in her bangs in frustration. She hears a chuckle on her side and she turns to look subtly. To her surprise, she finds the girl looking at her, as she taps the pen on her hand. She can’t help but blush and look away. Did the girl notice she was staring at her?! Well she wasn’t staring! She was just curious what the girl is doodling in her notebook! She saw her sketching some rabbits and Tzuyu thought it was cute.

 

The class ends and Tzuyu couldn’t wait to get out of there any quicker. But the girl stood faster blocking her way. So Tzuyu hugs her notebook tighter and adjusts the strap of her back consciously. To her surprise the girl extends her hand, “Hi. I’m Chaeyoung.”

 

Tzuyu blinks and wets her lips before answering, “H-hi. I’m Tzuyu.” She shakes the hand extended to her.

 

Chaeyoung chuckles, “Great. Now that we know each other, we should work on being friends.”

“W-what?”

Chaeyoung nods, now pulling Tzuyu towards the door, intertwining their hands. “Ah~~ your hand is soft. And you smell good.”

“I what?”

Chaeyoung laughs and Tzuyu decides she likes her laugh. “I like you Tzuyu, I think we’ll be best friends.”

 

After finding out that Chaeyoung also has free time after that class she sighs in relief. They were walking side by side when Tzuyu clears , “So uhm… I saw you drawing during class.”

“Yes. I was so bored. I mean can you believe that guy? Telling about his first day at College like, does anyone even care?”

“Uhm—”

Chaeyoung laughs, “What? It’s true.”

Tzuyu laughs.

Chaeyoung looks at her in amusement and opens her notebook, “I doodle when I’m bored.”

Tzuyu looks at her notebook and nods, “You’re good.”

“Thanks. You looked busy awhile ago. Don’t tell me you took notes on his anecdotes. ‘Cause if you’re that kind of student, then I’m reevaluating our friendship.”

Tzuyu looks at her sheepishly and showed her notebook as well. “I tried to write the words I didn’t understand, so I can ask my roommate about it later on.”

Chaeyoung raises her eyebrows. She quickly grabs Tzuyu’s ID. “Chou Tzuyu? You’re a foreigner?!”

Tzuyu nods, “Uhm. My mom is Korean but she… She doesn’t use it very much at home. But my friend… I communicate with her in it.”

 

“Woah!! But you’re pretty?! You look… Korean. I mean. When you smile like that and your eyes disappear, you look a bit foreign—Ahh~~ So pretty.” Chaeyoung continues to gush as Tzuyu changes her expression depending on what Chaeyoung is saying. It’s weird for her… to stick with one person after one class, enough to spend her free time with her. But there’s something about Chaeyoung that makes her want to stay.

 

“T-thanks. I think you’re cute as well.” Tzuyu says, noting Chaeyoung’s dimple that comes out every now and then.

Chaeyoung laughs heartily. She was about to return Tzuyu’s notebook to her when she noticed something that made her eyebrow furrow, “Wait, Political Government 101?!”

“Yes.”

“Was that not English Lit?!”

“Uhm—”

Chaeyoung hits her forehead with her palm and groans, “Did I get into the wrong classroom?!” Chaeyoung quickly puts her notebook on her side, locking it with her arm and then rummaged through her bag. She gets a piece of paper and runs her eyes through it, “Ah! 512! Not 521!”

 

Tzuyu laughs at Chaeyoung’s misfortune and Chaeyoung hits her arm lightly, “Don’t laugh! I just missed my first class in one of my Majors!”

Tzuyu puts her hand in but still continues to laugh. Chaeyoung pouts and hits her again. “Ahh~~ It’s not so bad, I guess. I mean, I get to meet you so.” Tzuyu blushes when Chaeyoung puts her arm over her shoulder tugging her. And then she taps her head with hers, “This is destiny! We were meant to meet and become friends!”

Tzuyu was never superstitious, but she wouldn’t mind agreeing with Chaeyoung on that one.”

 

Fashionista club

“Ahh~~ so pretty. You should join the Club, Tzuyu.”

Okay, at this point Tzuyu is already 1 month in at the University and she's hanging on tight! It's not as bad as she thought it'll be and to be honest, she's actually having fun and already making friends here and there. Starting her new life in this foreign place is in a steady and stable pace.

“Uhm… I don’t know anything about fashion design, unnie~~.” Tzuyu says as she plays with the clothing patch lying around as Jennie continues to pin sleeve into her arms. She’s been waiting on Nayeon in their Org Room every Thursdays so they can go home together and Jennie would always use her as a mannequin for her design. She would also be thankful that Nayeon had introduced her to her friends and had looked out for her ever since.

 

Jennie pulls back and gives Tzuyu a once-over and nods. She smiles and clasps her hands together, looking at Tzuyu excitedly, “We can teach you. Or you could just be our little doll.” Jennie laughs, as she reaches for the measuring tape, “Although you’re not so little. Agh! I would kill for these legs.” Jennie says as she puts the measuring tape from Tzuyu’s waist to her mid-thighs.

 

Quickly came Jihyo (Tzuyu's favorite so far), “Jennie-ssi, keep it professional, would you?” She goes near the duo and puts the juice with a straw up to Tzuyu’s lips so she can drink. Then she taps Jennie’s fingers which are in Tzuyu’s thigh.

Jennie rolls her eyes but smiled anyway, “I’m just saying… it wouldn’t hurt to have an eye-candy in here. Most of our members are seniors and would be gone next term to focus on their theses. We need fresh members and Tzuyu is here all the time anyway. What club did you join during Recruitment Week?”

“Uhm—"

 

“Did someone say eye-candy? Ahh~~ you guys shouldn’t talk about me when I’m not here.”

 

Jihyo just looks at Nayeon, now entering the Org Room, while Jennie rolled her eyes, “How are you friends with her?”

Tzuyu just chuckles.

Jihyo looks at Jennie with a smirk, “Didn’t you two hit it off last year?”

Jennie glares at her and quickly loops her measuring tape in Jihyo’s neck, “Is this how you want to die, Park Jihyo?!”

Nayeon comes to them and gives Tzuyu an appreciative nod, “Looking good.” Then she puts her elbow in Jennie’s shoulder, “What truth bomb did Jihyo drop this time?”

Jennie glares at Jihyo and Jihyo tried not to choke.

Tzuyu looks from Jihyo to Jennie, then to Nayeon with a teasing smile, “Jihyo-unnie said you and Jennie-unnie used to date.”

“Tzuyu~~”

Nayeon laughs and kissed Jennie’s cheek immediately. Jennie lets go of Jihyo and immediately wiped the side of her face with the back of her hand. Nayeon looks at her incredulously, “Oh please~~ Don’t act like we didn’t—”

Jihyo steps on Nayeon’s foot shutting her up. She looks at Tzuyu and then says, “Tzuyu, maybe you should just room with me. Sweet summer child. I mean it’s not much but I’m sure it’s better than living with Nayeon-ssi.”

Nayeon glares at Jihyo as she rubs her foot. “Really? After handicapping me, you’re gonna steal my roomie?!”

 

Jennie sighs, “See this is why I dumped her . She’s very dramatic.”

“Who said you dumped me?! I dumped you because it’s like dating myself. Only, you’re cold sometimes and sav—”

“Okay, first things first—” Jennie rolls her eyes and puts her hands on her hips then turned to Jihyo and Tzuyu now looking amused at them, “This girl and I didn’t date! Sure, we used to be inseparable for some time--”

Jihyo quips, “Almost a full term—"

“And okay, maybe we like to be touchy with each other—”

“They made out quite a lot—”

Jennie had completely ignored Jihyo and Nayeon’s whine, now glaring at Tzuyu, “but we didn’t date! We hooked up one time and that’s it!”

Nayeon scoffs, “Twice! And how dare you downplay it! You were the only girl I’ve been with! You should feel special.”

Jennie laughs then rolled her eyes. She and Nayeon had been bestfriends ever since freshmen year and she’s used to this. “Whatever. It’s not like I’d date you.”

Nayeon would almost laugh because not that she'd want to date Jennie. She really is her bestfriend. But hearing someone wouldn't want to date her is scratching her ego. “Why won’t you date me?! I’m an awesome girlfriend—”

“Awesome girlfriend where? You haven’t been in any relationship! ‘Cause you’re a snake. It’s not even funny—”

“Not my fault, no one can tame me! I mean look at me. Oh wait, don’t. It might hurt your eyes, you mere mortal--”

“If anything, I’m a goddess myself!”

 

As Nayeon and Jennie continue to bicker on why they didn’t date, or why they should date – it’s making Tzuyu confuse, Tzuyu nudges Jihyo. Jihyo laughs then turns to Tzuyu. “What?”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter