Annoying Bunny

Playing Cupid is Not My Idea of Romance (Twice Univ AU)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tzuyu groans when she sees the Do Not Disturb sign on her door knob again. She rolls her eyes and struggled to get her phone. When she fetched it, she groans again when she sees Nayeon’s messages.

 

Annoying Bunny: Don’t come home for an hour maybe? Pretty please? Unnie needs to destress

Annoying Bunny: Make it 2. This one’s a hottie.

Annoying Bunny: I promise to treat you dinner!

Annoying Bunny: Unnie loves you! xx

 

Tzuyu rolls her eyes. Okay, there’s the downside of putting Nayeon on mute. In her defense, she wouldn’t have to if the older girl would stop sending her stupid stuff.

Nevertheless she dials her number. She has learned to call first before opening the door even though she has a key… to their shared apartment. She wasn't even in 2 months living with Nayeon and she was already scarred for life.

 

To her surprise, Nayeon had quickly picked up the phone after the second ring. “Tzuyu?”

“Didn’t see your messages until I was at the door. I need to get my books. I have an exam tomorrow.”

“You’re at the door?”

 

Tzuyu rolls her eyes and knocks on the door to prove her point.

There are whisperings on the other line and Tzuyu taps her foot while waiting.

 

Door swings open, and there she is… Nayeon looking thoroughly ed. If the post- look doesn’t suit her very much, Tzuyu would’ve hated her less.

“Stay. We were just done.”

“No thanks.” Tzuyu said, brushing pass Nayeon quickly.

Times likes this, she applies her kidnapping lessons.(Yes, she's that kid who had kidnapping lessons) Don't have an eye-to-eye contact with your kidnapper--in this case, Nayeon's random one night stand. He leaves the room quickly, being pushed by Nayeon, almost brushing pass Tzuyu on his way out, with some begging for Nayeon to call him, and Nayeon saying, 'Hmm... Don't hold your breath.' Tzuyu shakes her head, 'another poor soul', she thinks.

Once the door is shut, Nayeon went a beeline towards Tzuyu's room. She whines when she sees Tzuyu packing her things, “Oh come on, Tzuyu. I promised to treat you dinner!”

There's mumbling of some bribes, but Tzuyu quickly gets her books in her night stand and was ready to leave. But Nayeon stood there in their main door, crossing her arms. She rolls her eyes and adjusted the strap of her bag, "Can you please move?"

"No. Come on, stay," Nayeon says softly. When Tzuyu doesn't answer she says, "I'll take a quick shower and put the sheets in the laundry basket and change it!"

Tzuyu just stares at her, unfazed with Nayeon's implication. "No."

Nayeon whines and kneels in front of Tzuyu... Kneels. (Nayeon could swear she only kneels for Tzuyu) "We haven't even spent the night together! You're always spending the night at Chaeyoung's!" Chaeyoung... Who lives inside the University Campus... In those small cramped dorm rooms... With a single bed. Nayeon could only imagine them cuddling to fit in the small space.

Tzuyu just hums and says, "You told me you need space 'cause you're busy with your plates."

"That's 'cause you can't study when my things are all over the place. I get messy when it comes to MachDes."

"Yes. And I still have an exam tomorrow, so..."

"Tzuyu~~ If you leave, you'll find me here, on the floor... On my knees... 'till you come back."

Tzuyu rolls her eyes and clicks her tongue, "Stop being dramatic."

"Try me."

Tzuyu groans and went around Nayeon and grabs the door knob.

"I'll call you all night, Tzu. If you don't answer, I'll bother Chaengie as well."

"Could you be any more annoying?"

"Just stay, please? Let's have dinner! And watch one or two episodes of How I Met, and then I'll leave you to study, I promise."

Tzuyu looks at Nayeon. They can have a battle of wills right here. Nayeon would've probably stood up the moment Tzuyu leaves and shuts the door. But she's definitely gonna keep her word in bothering her until Tzuyu comes back.

Tzuyu sighs deeply.

When she slowly lets go of the door knob, Nayeon knew she had won. She couldn't even contain herself, quickly standing up and enveloping Tzuyu into a tight hug, kissing her on the cheeks. "I knew you couldn't resist me."

Tzuyu calls Nayeon over when the food delivery arrived, and Nayeon came out of her room, drying her hair.

"You didn't eat your lunch, did you?" Tzuyu says, tapping the sticky note on the table, clearly untouched.

Nayeon shrugs, and pouts towards Tzuyu hoping the girl would forgive her. Even though Tzuyu doesn't sleep in their apartment, she comes home to get her things and to make sure Nayeon eats well. Tzuyu knows the girl can't cook to save her life, and at some point, Nayeon had actually set the alarm off just by using the Microwave. Tzuyu doesn't know how she survived without her. And if there isn't any food available, she wouldn't even bother ordering for herself. Especially when she's busy with her plates and exams. It's been a busy week for them both, being Midterms and all. It's why Tzuyu left a meal on the table with a sticky note that says: 'Eat well. <3'

"I did eat your cupcakes!" She shrugs and says, "And I had some coffee... Lots of coffee..."

Tzuyu rolls her eyes, "Yes. And I'm sure if you bleed out, coffee would come out of your veins."

Nayeon laughs and says, "You know how I get when I'm busy."

"Not busy enough to invite a stranger in our home."

"Tzuyu~~"

Tzuyu sighs, opening Nayeon's meal in front of her, the one they got from the delivery service, and putting the one she prepared in the refrigerator. "I'm just saying... You barely have time to sleep, you're stressed... And you're doing extra-curricular activities. You should keep your health up by eating well."

Nayeon smiles, and puts an arm over Tzuyu's shoulder pulling her close. She snuggles into her, and enjoys the whine from the younger girl, trying to get away from her. "I love it when you care."

Tzuyu rolls her eyes, finally getting out of Nayeon's grasp. She sits across the kitchen island to keep a distance from her roommate and her. "Sure," Tzuyu says, sarcasm heavy in her tone. "But when your mom calls and asks about you, you know I'll be honest."

Nayeon pouts and whines, "She calls you more often than me! My mom loves you more ever since you were a baby. Pretty sure if given a chance, she'd gladly exchange daughters."

Tzuyu smirks, "Then you should be thankful my mom doesn't want you."

"Hey!"

Tzuyu laughs and dodges Nayeon throwing a carrot stick at her. Their banter was interrupted by a phonecall. She raised her finger up to indicate a 'Time Out' and puts her phone over her ear.

"Hey, Chaeng."

Nayeon smiles, "Put it on speaker, I want to say hi."

Tzuyu did so.

"Chaeyoung-ah! Not really sorry that my Tzuyu is staying in tonight."

She hears a laugh on the other line. "Unnie~~ I was about to call the campus police. I thought Tzuyu has been kidnapped."

"One glare and the kidnapper would run away from our girl."

"Oh, I wouldn't know. She never glared at me."

"Is this another episode of 'Who Tzuyu loves more'? 'Cause I'm pretty sure I win this round."

"Sure. I mean, your living room looks better than my dorm room and she chose to stay here for a week. And we all know it's not because of my stiff mattress."

"Okay but--"

Tzuyu picks up her phone and turned off the speakerphone. She ignores Nayeon's pout and says, "Ignore her. She hasn't been eating well."

"Hey!"

Tzuyu laughs and then says, "Yeah. I'll study here. I'll bring your sweater tomorrow. Alright. Bye~"

Nayeon points her chopsticks at her, pouting, "You used to follow me around like I'm the sun and then Chaeyoung comes, swooping in, and now I'm just your roommate. You're lucky I’m fond of her or I would've kept you away from each other."

Tzuyu chuckles, shaking her head, "I don't follow you around like you're the sun, and how would you have kept us away from each other?"

"Some scheming you only see on K-dramas."

“Why would you mute me?!" Nayeon pouts as she puts Tzuyu's phone out of the younger girl's reach, displaying 'Annoying Bunny'.

"I put it on Silent." Tzuyu says as she tries to grab her phone back from her annoying roommate, the show clearly forgotten playing on the TV. She contemplates whether she should hover over Nayeon, who's lying back on the other end of the couch, outstretching her arm, while another arm on Tzuyu's shoulder is keeping the younger girl at arm's length.

"Lies, lies, lies! Chaeyoung called earlier and your phone is not on silent! Who's teaching you to lie?!"

Tzuyu rolls her eyes and decided to hover Nayeon. Maybe if her tall frame is towering over her, she'd be intimidated. Very unlikely, but Tzuyu is not in the mood to play.

Seeing Tzuyu's move, Nayeon immediately put Tzuyu's phone beneath her, readying herself beneath Tzuyu, who now has her arms on both sides of Nayeon's head, gripping the pillow hard. "Tzuyu, I have a special ringtone for you so I can pick it up fast whenever you call, and you’d put me on mute?!” Nayeon is whining, but Tzuyu can see she's just playing with her. Not when the familiar glint is in her eyes...

The taller girl glares at her and sneers, “Because! You're just as relentless on the phone as you are in person!!”

"I wanna brighten your day with my humor."

"We're not even in the same spectrum when it comes to humor. And why do you have the need to send me selcas every hour of everyday when you look exactly the same?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter