Prompts (Text)

Girl Power Writing Contest (WINNERS ANNOUNCED)
  1. Two people are crazy for each other, but can’t ever be together due to circumstances out of their control.
  2. Two people know they are perfect for each other, but the timing is just never right.
  3. Two people within an arranged marriage actually fall in love - after getting married.
  4. Two lives are changed forever when they embark on a short but sweet love affair.
  5. Your main character’s boring, predictable life is shaken when they discover a stranger dying in an alley. They want to call 911 but the person begs them not to. They decide to take the person back to their place to fix them up. Once the mysterious stranger is better and feels stronger, they reveal that they are actually a supernatural being. Their species holds strongly to the “eye for an eye” and that includes saving lives. Your protagonist is now stuck with this being as their sidekick until they are able to save their life. At first, this is annoying, until feelings start to develop.
  6. Your main character is a vivid dreamer. Some are wonderful experiences and others are horrible nightmares. Suddenly, the terrible people and events from their dreams start appearing in real life. Their partner then dies suddenly in a tragic way. They are devastated but hopeful because their dead partner starts appearing in their dreams. They spiral into the tragic existence of frantically searching for their partner in the real world during every waking moment.
  7. Futuristic world. Women in this society are only allowed in males presence if they are wearing masks, until they are married and can reveal themselves to their husbands. Story of a girl whose husband is not happy with what he finds, but she finds love in an unexpected place.
  8. Character has the gift (or curse) of using snowstorms to travel to different realms of existence. Character has no say in when it happens or where they go, but it is always to fix a balance between right and wrong. Fights to get back to their original world but falls in love along the way.
  9. You finally build enough courage to talk to that cute someone you see on the bus everyday. Their face turns dark as they respond, “You shouldn’t be able to see me!”
  10. Let’s play a game. Let’s sweet talk, let’s play fight. Let’s talk 24/7. Let’s tell each other good morning and good night every single day. Let’s take walks together, give one another nicknames, go on dates. Let’s talk on the phone all night long about nothing at all. Let’s hold one another, let’s hug, let’s kiss. 
    And whoever fall in love first? Loses.
  11. You live in a world where your soulmate is unable to hurt you, intentionally or otherwise. You are fighting in a war when one of your enemy’s weapons harmlessly glances off of you.
  12. There is a beautiful statue of a person in a large city, and rumor has it that when their soul mate touches their hand, they'll become human. Naturally, tourists from all over the world take selfies with the statue. Then one day a tourist touches it's hand to take the selfie and the statue falls into their arms.
  13. A story themed on "the steps to get you back". Lead character makes a mistake and has to take steps to gain back the trust and love of someone.
  14. I come here when I want to be alone and I didn't think anyone else knew about this spot, so who are you and where did you come from?
  15. Your significant other died a year ago after being sick for a long time. You finally open the notebook they were always writing in, thinking it is a diary, and find that it is letters. All addressed to you.
  16. strangers sitting in a holding cell waiting for their friends to bail them out, and find they actually hit it off really well
  17. Character A leaves for college and meets their roommates, and as the last one comes around the corner, recognize them as the Character they kissed over the summer.
  18. Character A can taste lies. While comforting their friend (or crush) they say, "you're only human" and nearly vomit at the horrible taste in their mouth
  19. A secret organization by the name of Black Widow trains assassins from birth. They take the unwanted children of the world and raise them to play the part of friend, confidante, even lover for their targets until the time comes to take them out. One Black Widow realizes that when that time comes, they are not willing to do it.
  20. Dystopian future. There is a perfectly structured world in which the lead character consistently has either A) a voice in their head or B) dreams telling them to "break from the script".
  21. A government lab, working with chemicals mined from a different planet, explodes in a radical terrorism act. The janitor is caught in the explosion and instead of dying, is given powers. But so were the people who set the explosives, and now they're decided to go after the government itself. Janitor must learn to use their powers and protect the government from the power-infused terrorists. (Thoughts: the government is being attacked because the radicals hate the mining on other planets)
  22. Coffee Shop workers and their relationships. Dont pair with one another, but show their lives through their interactions and conversations with one another in the shop.
  23. A homeless person, who just moments ago was shouting at thin air, dies in your arms. Right before they take their last breath, they give you their glasses. Once you put them on, you see who they were shouting at.
  24. Humans start out at birth with milk white blood. The more crimes they commit, the darker their blood becomes. The love of your life has just started to bleed, and their blood is as black as night.
  25. Your entire life, you’ve been told you’re deathly allergic to bees. You’ve always had people protecting you from them, be it your mother or a hired hand. Yoday, one slips through and lands on your shoulder, and a tiny voice says, “Your majesty, what are your orders?”
  26. You wake in the woods with three others, each of you wearing what you went to bed in. You have no idea who they are, how you all got here, or why. There are four boxes with your names on them and inside each box is a clue as to why you’re there..
  27. Born with a birthmark of a 9 on their wrist, Character A is in a fatal car crash that kills everyone but them. They wake in the hospital and realize that their 9 has turned into an 8.
  28. Character A is intensely jealous of this one Character B. Character A also happens to be a witch. When they are drunk one night, they cast a curse that whatever Character B loves most in the world will slowly wither and die. As time passes nothing happens except that Character A has become sick. 
  29. Character A is vacationing in a city they've never been to before, when they find themselves in a place they have been to a hundred times before in their dreams. And they see a figure they recognize from their dreams, and character B recognizes them too..
  30. As a child,  Character A used to believe that creatures came from the stars at night to walk the earth and watch the people as they slept. Now Character A has just awoken to find one in their room, watching them. 
  31. sisters by birth? No. It was the tragedy of the past summer that forged an unbreakable bond between them.
  32. Character A has a choice: go through the ancient gate into who knows where, or go home and never know what happened to their father/mother/family member.
  33. A drunk who would freeze on a winter night is saved and set to rights by random act of kidness. Finds it isn't so random after all, and is drawn into returning favors for their savior that they desperately want out of.
  34.  you see statistics of things you touch, and when you touch your house, instead of seeing the usual "contains three dogs", you see _____.
  35. I didn't believe in magic until today, but I see now it's real. And you're simply a wicked, cruel magician like the ones in the stories.