Rose Bud 03

Till The Last Rose Dies

“By the way, you don’t have to wait for me after classes today, okay?”

But Taegi paid no attention. Still in a world of her own, she watched steadily as Sungyeol dug his plastic fork into his lunchbox, and was amazed by his huge appetite. His ruffled, black hair was like a nest on his head, and no matter what angle she looked at him from, she wouldn’t be able to help but notice the cute curling of his lips as he spoke. Despite seeing it everyday, it never failed to distract her inwardly every time.

“Taegi?”

She was obviously totally still in a trance, so he tapped a finger onto the tip of her nose. Taegi only responded upon feeling an electric bolt zap through her body at his touch.

“H- Huh?”

“Yah, if you keep staring, you’re going to go trippin’ like you did for me on mmfpf–” But before Sungyeol could finish the sentence, she had gotten out of her seat and cupped her hand over his mouth. He tried playfully to muffle the last few syllables through her grasp, unaware of the fact that they were both looking very suspicious at the moment, but until he went silent, she didn’t remove her hand.

“I wasn't staring! And how can I trip when I'm in my chair...”

He laughed. She was such a bad liar.

There Sungyeol went again, teasing her. Aish… this choding… But he was quite right about everything she was feeling at the moment. Exploiting the moment, she remembered the incident in cooking class they had, when she was partnered with him through some random generator the professor at the campus invented. It was also the day Taegi first fell for Sungyeol. Like, literally. All through class time, they had gotten along smoothly, but if he hadn’t dropped that tiramisu cake that was meant to be baked and presented to the teacher for marks, and she hadn’t tripped on it, then the two of them wouldn’t have been as close as they were today.

“I don't know, but you trip everywhere you go.”

Taegi held her ground. “Says who? Butter fingers?”

Despite it already being a year, it was from then on that they never stopped reminding themselves of the humiliating accident. Mainly, it was his fault, but Sungyeol would always just get away from her accusations with his clever words. His sweet words. He always did. And Taegi always let him.

Who said she was secretly crushing on him.

She didn’t even know why the university made their students take that class. Just because the campus was renowned for its department for the ‘highly talented in creative arts’ didn’t mean that they had to offer six periods a week of the prerequisite class. Both knew well they showed a mutual disinterest in the Italian cuisine course.

However, that didn’t mean in least that Taegi was complaining. Ultimately, it was still one of the very few periods each week she was able to spend with the boy she liked. She didn’t know if Sungyeol had felt the same way, but no matter the circumstances, she was still happy. It was the class that brought her closer to him, and the class that managed to give her butterflies no matter her mood previously whenever she stepped in and was able to see his effortlessly perfect face from the bench in the back corner of the room.

After getting through together all the classes they had on their timetables for the day, Taegi and Sungyeol were finally able to leave their seats and return their trays to the canteen through the closest route around the school population they could get access to. And for the rest of lunch time, they found themselves casually taking a walk around the school, hiding the giggles and smiles on their faces from each other in the bustle of the students and teachers around them. It never felt so good, catching up with a person.

 

 

--`,-{@}-`,--`,-{@}-`,-`-,-`-,--

a/n: there will be more dialogue, and Myungsoo soon I swear LOL.