dissonance.

dissonance

They were perfect. Their voices melded together well, and it felt right when her unnie had her arms wrapped around her thin frame. She would constantly find it difficult to focus on Yong’s voice while trying to tune out her erratic heartbeat, or to fight back the wide grin threatening to grow when her hand would easily and effortlessly clasp around her leader’s.

 

Everything was there. All of the pieces flawlessly put together to form a beautiful image. It felt so right for Byul, and her heart was certainly vocal about it. What they had was a potential songa chorus of beautiful memories, and a backstory akin to a romantic movie.

 

“Byul-ah, something happened today..”

 

The girl simply focused her gaze on Yongsun, completely trained on the toothy grin plastered on her soft features. She’d never get tired of the creases by her leader’s eyes whenever she smiled, or the continuous optimism Yong seemed to radiate no matter the occasion.

 

She’d hum, a brow raised curiously as she leaned over to rest her head on the older’s shoulder.

 

Moon Byulyi would note that it gets increasingly harder to maintain eye contact with Yongsun as time passes, and even internally curse at her weak heart for making her feel this way.

 

She couldn’t comprehend the train of words that escaped her leader’s lips as she was busy enjoying the moment of intimacy, appreciating the lilt to Yongsun’s laughter and the animated hand gestures.

 

This was okay to her.

 

 Byulyi had already come to terms with the fact that things won’t ever be anything more between her and her unnie. She would force herself to find solace in whatever small touch they’d share, and be there as a friend.

 

What they had was a potential song, but it was dissonant.