ACATALEPSY

Finding Meaning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ACATALEPSY

(noun) the impossibility to truly comprehend something

 

 

 

 

 

"Why are they so cute?" Tzuyu asked Chaeyoung, his friend since college/ her colleague as he watches another video of baby and children playing while it is their lunch break.

 

For the past week, he has been watching videos of babies and children ever since he stumbled upon a video of babies playing with each other and it happened that he likes them so much.

 

Chaeyoung rolled his eyes because Tzuyu been asking that question to him for the ninth time that day. "It's their nature. Babies are really cute."

 

"I want to have them." Tzuyu absent-mindedly mumbled making Chaeyoung snapped his head at him.

 

"Wait what? What are you talking about?" Chaeyoung asked with surprised look. Last week, Tzuyu just asked him if he knows any videos of babies and now he is saying that he wants to have them.

 

"Babies are cute and children are adorable." Tzuyu answered without removing his eyes to his phone's screen; focus on watching the babies as they make cute noises.

 

"I know but how are you going to have them then? You don't even have a girlfriend." Chaeyoung stated while shaking his head.

 

Tzuyu sighed heavily. "Right,"

 

"You know, there are lots of girls that is totally into you and even our colleagues but you are just ignoring all of them." Chaeyoung explained while looking at their newest co-worker behind Tzuyu as the girl is busy giving heart eyes to Tzuyu.

 

"It's because they're not my type." Tzuyu reasoned.

 

"For Pete's sake Chou Tzuyu, those girls are pretty, smart, kind, successful and y women. What quality do you want that is not with them?" Chaeyoung asked exaggeratedly.

 

Tzuyu shrugged his shoulder. "I don't know. I just don't like them."

 

Chaeyoung clicked her tongue. "Then keep on dreaming about having a child." An idea suddenly popped on his head. "Or..."

 

Tzuyu immediately snapped his head at his friend. "Or what?"

 

"You can adapt." Chaeyoung answered.

 

Tzuyu instantly shook his head."But I want my own."

 

Chaeyoung heaved a long sigh while shaking his head. "Then go somewhere where you can find the girl that you like and then have with her. That's it. Job's done!" He said with a frustrated tone. How did they become friends again? This friend of him is really picky and stupid.

 

Tzuyu also sighed. "It's not that easy you know."

 

"What you want to do then?" Chaeyoung asked and then moved closer to him. "Right, I almost forgot, tomorrow is your birthday right? Why don't you wish for a baby? You know, maybe, a miracle might happen." He stated and then laughed hilariously.

 

"Stop joking around Son, it is not funny." Tzuyu threatened.

 

That made Chaeyoung laughed even louder. "Not as funny as you wishing to have a child without a girlfriend."

 

Tzuyu ignored his friend's words and then continue to watch bunch of videos of babies and children before their lunch break is finished.

 

 

 

 

 

When he went home, he watched another bunch of video's until sleep finally took him away.

 

 

 

The next morning, he woke up by the loud ringing of his alarm clock.

 

He immediately opened his eyes in surprised. Shoot! He woke up 30 minutes late.

 

He then took a quick shower and then wears his office suit before getting his uncharged phone from his bed.

 

'Great. I woke up late on my birthday and I'll probably get a scolding from my boss. And now, I have to conserve this 24 percent battery of my phone for the whole day? this.'

 

He heaved a long sigh before opening his messenger and saw his friends messaged him.

 

'Good morning Chou! Happy birthday! Don't forget to wish for a child okay.' That was obviously Chaeyoung.

 

"Idiot," He mumbled with a slight chuckle.

 

He opened another one.

 

'Hello there, the great Chou Tzuyu! Happy birthday from your prettiest Noona and her wifey.' And that was Nayeon, the one who always think she's the most beautiful girl in the world. He always contradict her for that but he actually find his Noona pretty. He just hates to admit it since every time that girl gets a compliment, her head would become bigger; frankly speaking okay?

 

'Chou Tzuyuuuuuuu! Bonjurrrruuuuuu! Happy birthdayyyyyy! Mwuah!' And that one was Dahyun, the most energetic one who works abroad. How long did they have seen each other? Two years? Or three?

 

And here comes the most over-protective Noona of him; Park Jihyo. 'Happy birthday, my babyyyyyy! Noona is coming to your house! Let's go to work together, okay!? Be there in an hour.' That message was sent an hour ago so it means that in a second, that lady will knock on her door.

 

And there it is.

 

Tzuyu get his black leather brief case from the sofa in his living room before opening his door.

 

"Hi Noona," He said with a soft tone and then kissed the girl on the cheek.

 

Jihyo immediately hugged him in a bone crushing hug. "HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYYY!"

 

"Noona..." Tzuyu called her as he rolled his eyes.

 

Jihyo immediately looked at him. "What?"

 

"You are babying me too much." He complained.

 

Jihyo gave him an annoyed look. "Why not? You're still my baby, okay?"

 

Tzuyu sighed but didn't say anything.

 

"Have you eaten breakfast?" Jihyo asked because she knows that Tzuyu often don't eat breakfast before going to work and she always have to ask him if he already did.

 

Tzuyu shook his head; not like he could lie with this girl in front of him. "No,"

 

Jihyo suddenly hit him on his right arm. "I told you, you should eat breakfast before going to work."

 

"I woke up so late." Tzuyu reasoned while rubbing the spot where Jihyo hit him.

 

"And why is that?" Jihyo asked with arms crossed.

 

"I've been watching videos of cute babies and children until 3 AM." Tzuyu admitted while scratching the backside of his head.

 

"A what?" Jihyo asked with confused face.

 

"Videos of babies and children," Tzuyu answered.

 

"And why?" Jihyo asked again. The hell is wrong with her you get brother. Well, not biology.

 

Tzuyu shrugged his shoulder. "I don't know. Because they are cute?"

 

Jihyo rolled her eyes at the answer. "Whatever. Let's go to work now. But before that, we need to pass by in some coffee shop because I haven't eaten anything yet too. I will buy you your breakfast."

 

"No need Noona," Tzuyu immediately declined.

 

"Shut up. It's your birthday okay? Take that as my gift." Jihyo stated.

 

"That's your only gift for me?" Tzuyu asked. But honestly, he doesn’t need any gift from her. Just Jihyo's existence is enough.

 

Jihyo instantly shook her head defensively. "Of course not,"

 

"Then what is it?" Tzuyu asked and then they both walked out of his house.

 

"I already asked our boss if we can go out with our colleagues after work and not go to work for tomorrow and she said yes. I will pay for the drinks and foods don’t worry." Jihyo explained as Tzuyu is busy locking his house.

 

"That's your gift for me?" Tzuyu asked once he finished locking his house.

 

Jihyo nod her head. "Yes,"

 

'More like a gift to yourself and to our colleagues.' Tzuyu internally commented.

 

"But I don't drink." He reasoned.

 

Jihyo gave him a gummy smile. "You will later."

 

"Noona," Tzuyu complained. He doesn't drink. Never. Ever since he saw her friends got drunk during their college years, he promised himself that he wouldn't be in that kind of situation.

 

"Tzuyu, you're all adult now okay?" Jihyo said and then chuckled.

 

Tzuyu heaved a long sigh. "Fine,"

 

"Let's go now!" Jihyo said happily before pulling him on her car and then they drive off.

 

 

 

When they arrived at their office, he was surprised because his boss didn't scold him or anything. Instead, he got a lot of greetings from his co-workers which reciprocated with a 'Thank you'.

 

 

 

"Okay, is everyone here already?" Jihyo asked while they are all inside her large van with Tzuyu beside her on the passenger's seat since she didn't allow him to sit on other seats because their other colleagues are giving Tzuyu looks like they all want Tzuyu to them. And she cannot let that because Chou Tzuyu is her precious baby.

 

"Yes!" The heavy drinkers answered with glee.

 

"Okay, let's go and get wasted for our birthday boy!" Jihyo shouted back before starting the engine and then drive at the bar.

 

 

 

'.' Tzuyu internally cursed as she looked at his drunken colleagues dancing on the dance floor inside the bar while he is just sitting and taking small sips on his drink.

 

Suddenly, their newest colleague walked towards him and then sat on the empty seat beside him. "Hi Tzuyu,"

 

Tzuyu snapped her head at the girl. "Uh... Hi." He greets awkwardly.

 

"You now what?" The girls started and then moved a little closer to him.

 

Tzuyu blinked his eyes. "What?" Here it comes, he was certain that after a second the girl will confess.

 

And he wasn't wrong.

 

"I've liking you for a month now." The girl admitted while blushing furiously.

 

Tzuyu cleared his throat awkwardly. "Really? Thank you."

 

That was the signs for the girl to leave him alone.

 

The girl stands up with a huff and then sits back down on her previous seat.

 

"Why are you like that?" Chaeyoung asked from beside him.

 

"What do you want me to do then?" Tzuyu asked while furrowing his eyebrows.

 

"At least try to flirt back with her. She can be the mother of your child." Chaeyoung stated with a chuckle.

 

Tzuyu shook his head and then sighed. "Stop it Son." He warned and then we continue to take his last class of tequila for that day and forever.

 

 

 

"Is it really my birthday today? Why do I look like I am the one who suffering from all of these?" Tzuyu mumbled to himself as he helped the drunken Jihyo to enter her own car.

 

When he finally put her on the passenger's seat, he immediately go to the driver's seat and then drive the girl to her house which is 5 blocks away from his own.

 

"Noona, don't move too much please. I am driving." He demanded when the girl beside him moved uncontrollably.

 

"Hmm..." Jihyo groaned and forced herself to sit properly again.

 

"Aish." Tzuyu mumbled when Jihyo absent-mindedly put her hand on his side which he immediately pushed back slightly.

 

 

 

After 30 minutes, they finally arrived at the wasted girl's house.

 

"Coming!" He heard a muffled voice from inside the big house.

 

"Tzuyu! What happened?" Jihyo's mom asked with concern when she saw Tzuyu carrying the drunk Jihyo; her right hand on Tzuyu's shoulder as he keep a great posture to not make the two of them stumble on the floor.

 

"Drunk," Tzuyu answered with an awkward smile. She knows how much Jihyo's mom hated when the girl drinks.

 

"I'm so sorry if she bothered you at your birthday." The old lady apologized as she gets Jihyo from Tzuyu.

 

Tzuyu immediately shook his head. "It's okay auntie." He said and then gave the car key to Jihyo's mom.

 

"I will bring her to her room now. Happy birthday!" The old lady greets with a smile.

 

Tzuyu smiled back. "Thank you."

 

'Okay. Now, I have to work for five blocks.' He said to himself before walking. But before that, he decided to go to a convenience store first to buy something for his head because he is certain that he will wake up with a headache tomorrow.

 

 

 

"Is this good for headache?" He asked the cashier inside the convenience store as he laid the box that has a word 'Headache' on it.

 

The cashier nodded. "Yeah,"

 

"Okay, I'll get this." He said and then pays for the item along with bottled water. "Thank you."

 

"Please come back!" The cashier shouted before she exited the store.

 

Oh gosh, no. He won't go back to that store to buy medicines for headache again. He won't drink again; ever.

 

He stands outside the store, drinking the water when he heard an elderly voice speak. "Excuse me,"

 

He immediately gulped the water in his mouth and then wiped the excess water outside. "Uh... Are you talking to me?" He asked as he pointed to himself.

 

The old lady nods her head. "Yes,"

 

"What is it Ma'am?" He asked and then moved closer to the old lady.

 

"Can I ask for some water?" The lady asked with a small smile.

 

Tzuyu instantly nod hi head. "Sure, I will just buy another one for you."

 

"No need, I can just drink that." The old lady pointed at the bottled water she just drank awhile ago.

 

"You wouldn't like what it tastes like Ma'am. I just drank alcohol an hour later." He reasoned with a soft chuckle. And that would be such an immature act if he would give someone something that's not enough if he could give it without having any difficulty right? So why not give this unfortunate lady bottled water and some food? "I would love the buy you another one, please. Just wait a second." He stated and then walked back inside the convenience store.

 

"Uh... Where is she?" He asked himself; confused as to where is the old lady now.

 

"Hi!" Someone suddenly exclaimed from his back making him surprised.

 

He immediately turned around and saw the old lady from earlier. "Oh gosh, you startled me Ma'am."

 

"I'm sorry." The old lady said with a soft chuckle.

 

"Where did you go, Ma'am?" He asked curiously.

 

"I just get something." The lady responded.

 

"Okay, uh, here's your water and I added some bread with that." He said and then handed the lady the bottled water and some bread.

 

The old lady shook her head. "I don't need that anymore."

 

He blinked his eyes. "Oh... Okay?" He said with confusion as he withdrew the food and the water.

 

"Maybe you're the one who need something." The old lady stated with a smile.

 

That confuses him even more. "I'm sorry, what?"

 

The old lady slowly reveals something behind her back. "Here, have this." She handed him a dandelion.

 

"Uh... What is this?" He asked as he scanned the thing in his hand. What he really meant by that question is why is this lady giving him a dandelion all of a sudden?

 

"You can wish something you want. You just have to blow on it." The old lady stated without answering his question at all.

 

He snapped his eyes back at her. "What?"

 

"Happy birthday," The old lady greeted him; her smile never leaving her face.

 

"How did you know it is my birthday?" He asked with wide eyes.

 

'Is this some kind of a prank or what?'

 

"Remember, be careful what you wish for." the old lady worn before suddenly disappear with a smoke covering the entire place.

 

He blinked his eyes at a sudden disappearance. "What the?"

 

He scanned the dandelion for a good three minutes before shaking his head and then walking towards his house with the food she bought for the old lady which she didn't accept at all and the dandelion in his other hand.

 

 

 

'There's nothing to lose if I believe right?' He asked himself as he sat down on his living room that same night while still looking at the dandelion.

 

He heaved a long sigh before finally agreeing at his own idea and then closing his eyes.

 

Okay, he had been wishing for this so why not wish for children, right?

 

He closes his eyes even tighter before saying his wish through his head.

 

'I wish to have my own children.'

 

And children it is.

 

 

 

When he woke up the next day, he was disturbed by the repeatedly ringing doorbell of his.

 

'Who the hell is that? They act like a child.' He stated internally while a huff.

 

He rubbed his eyes before slowly walking outside his bedroom and then towards the front door.

 

He immediately opens the door. "What is..." He cut his own sentence when he saw a child carrying another child on her back in able to ring the doorbell. "...it?"

 

"Get down of me now, Minjoo!" The kid below who is carrying the girl called 'Minjoo' demanded.

 

"Hey, don't rush me! If I fall, I will tell Mom about this!" Minjoo warned before slowly getting off of the other girl's back.

 

"Hi Tzuyu!" The 'carrier' kid greeted him using his name.

 

Minjoo instantly nudged the other kid beside her. "Hyewon, Mom said you should call him Dad! She will kill you if she hears you." Minjoo warned as Tzuyu is just watching them with confused look.

 

"Whatever." The girl called 'Hyewon' said with a roll of her eyes before entering Tzuyu's house without asking any permission from him and then opened the TV and the game console on the living room.

 

Tzuyu blinked his eyes. "Wait what? Dad?"

 

"Hey, what are you doing? And you cannot just enter into someone's house like that." Tzuyu warned the kid.

 

'Even if you're cute. And since when did I have a game console?' Tzuyu internally asked himself while looking at the kid inside his house who's busy playing video games and not minding him at all.

 

"I'm sorry Dad if she's like that." The other kid, Minjoo suddenly mumbled which made him look at her again.

 

"I'm sorry but what did you called me?" Tzuyu asked with a frown.

 

Minjoo blinked her eyes like how Tzuyu blinked his eyes earlier. "Dad?"

 

Tzuyu sighed and then slapped his own face to try to wake himself up if ever this is a dream. "Look baby girl, you must've mistaken me as your dad but I don't remember I have a daughter." He tried to explain to not hurt the kid who assumes that he is her father; especially two daughters.

 

But he failed, the small kids suddenly cried loudly making him panic but if you could react another voice interrupted him.

 

"Chou Tzuyu, you’re at your jokes again. Look what you did to our daughter." A beautiful lady stated before standing beside Minjoo and then wipes the tears on the kid's face before continuing. "Stop saying you don't have daughters because you're the one who keeps on asking me to have them already okay?" The woman said while throwing a death glare at him.

 

"Come here baby, don't mind your Dad. He's just playing around." The woman said with a soft voice as she engulf Minjoo with a hug; still throwing a glare at Tzuyu.

 

'WHAT THE IS HAPPENING!?' Tzuyu asked himself while he is actually going crazy on the inside.

 

The woman suddenly entered his house along with Minjoo; brushing Tzuyu off on her way.

 

Tzuyu turned around to look at the three strangers and then closes the door before walking closer towards them. "Wait! What exactly is happening?"

 

The woman rolled her eyes as she huffed angrily. "Minjoo, Hyewon, go to your room. Your dad and I just have something to talk about."

 

Both kids didn't budge because Minjoo is still sitting on the couch, crying, while Hyewon is still playing with the game console.

 

"Chou Hyewon, bring your sister to your room now. And take a shower already because we will go to your Sobo and Sofu." The woman said with a warning voice.

 

Hyewon huffed in annoyance but complied. "Come on, get up! Mom said we should go to our room and prepare." She said to the crying Minjoo and then pulled the girl along with her.

 

'Did she just use my surname?' That question didn't get an answer. Instead, he suddenly felt a sudden hard hit on his arms and some parts of his body.

 

The woman slowly out the paper bag down on the floor before beating the hell out of Tzuyu. "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!?" She loudly exclaimed as she hit Tzuyu repeatedly.

 

"OUCH! STOP IT MISS. I AM NOT DOING ANYTHING OKAY? WHAT DID I DO WRONG!? OUCH!" Tzuyu exclaimed back as she tried to dodge every hit that the girl is making.

 

The lady finally stopped hitting him but speaks angrily. "I already told you not to joke around your daughters especially Minjoo because she will cry!"

 

Tzuyu scratched his head crazily as he is about to cry in total confusion. "What!? I don't even remember I ha--"

 

The lady stopped his sentence before he could even finish it. "Stop your jokes now. It's not funny anymore."

 

"But I am not joking. I don't really know what the hell is happening." Tzuyu reasoned while shaking his head.

 

Theasy raised a brow at him. "I am not joking too. Take a shower now." She ordered.

 

Tzuyu furrowed his eyebrows. "What?"

 

"We promised Mom and Dad that we will celebrate your birthday with them this year right?" The lady asked; now in a calm manner.

 

"Today is my birthday? Again?" Tzuyu asked. This is making her confuse more and more. (Low-key promoting TWICE's comeback). Yesterday, he happened to meet an old lady who asked for some water but didn't actually need it and then now he had daughters and who the hell is this girl in front of him?

 

"What do you mean again? Yesterday was! We're just celebrating it today!" The lady reasoned.

 

"Okay?" Tzuyu mumbled; unsure about his own answer.

 

"Go take a shower now!" The lady repeats her order.

 

"I'm sorry but who are you?" Tzuyu asked as he tilts his head in total confusion.

 

"Chou Tzuyu! I'm your wife for 's sake!" The lady frustratingly exclaimed.

 

"You're my what? Wife?" Tzuyu asked with a treasure mark floating around in his head.

 

'Since when did I get married? I don't even have a girlfriend.'

 

"You will take a shower or I will divorce you!?" The girl asked angrily while suddenly holding her collar.

 

Tzuyu blinked as he takes a gulp. "R-right, I said I will take a shower now."

 

'Why am I complying over someone who barged into my house cleaning that she's my wife and I'm her husband with two daughters when in fact I barely knew them at all?' He asked himself but comply anyways.

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm done. Can you tell me what really is happening now?" Tzuyu asked once he stepped out of the bathroom with some water running down from his wet hair as he hold a towel to remove the water.

 

Sana wrinkled her eyebrows. "What are you even trying to ask?"

 

"All of this." Tzuyu answered with the same confusion as the girl.

 

That made Sana snapped. "Do you have amnesia or something? Your daughters and I just went out to do some shopping to buy some gifts for you because we weren't able to buy and give it to you yesterday because you were out all day with your colleagues and you went home drunk and now you suddenly forget about us? Are you nuts? Or are you taking drugs?" She asked with red face from anger.

 

Tzuyu widened his yes. "What!? Why would I do drugs?" He asked back.

 

Sana shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know. Go ask yourself that."

 

"The kids and I will wait for you in the car. Follow us if you are finally backed to your senses." Sana said before walking out of their shared bedroom.

 

"." Tzuyu cursed.

 

He slapped his cheek before getting his phone from the side table.

 

"What the?" He mumbled with what he saw on the wallpaper of his phone. It was him wearing a wedding suit together with Sana who wears a wedding gown; smiling happily at the camera.

 

He really doesn't know what's happening but he surely don't want the girl to get mad even more.

 

He put his phone in his pocket before going out of the house.

 

He saw the kids or his daughters rather, inside his car that he personally bought as his give for himself last year and his so-called-wife outside the car facing him with angry look.

 

"I will drive for us now but you will later when I went back home." Sana stated before entering the driver's seat without waiting for his reply.

 

'You got this Chou. Just act normal and then everything will go back to what it is before.' He reminded himself before entering the car beside Sana.

 

"Mom, are we really going to Sobo and Sofu!?" Minjoo asked excitedly while beaming in happiness.

 

Sana turned to look at her with a smile; match different with what she gave Tzuyu earlier. "Yes baby,"

 

"Yehey!" Minjoo started to bounce up and down on the car's seat.

 

"Minjoo, I am sure they will give us another toys!" Hyewon exclaimed with a bright smile.

 

Tzuyu turned around. And he didn't notice that he also started to smile because of the scene in front of him.

 

"Finally! Another doll!" Minjoo exclaimed again.

 

"I hope they will give me Nintendo switch!" Hyewon said with dreamy eyes.

 

"Were they always like that?" Tzuyu mumbled unintentionally before he turned to face the front again.

 

Sana didn't answer him. Instead, she started the car's engine and then drives off.

 

Tzuyu lowered his head. He hates it when someone is mad at him. He cleared his throat to shake the awkwardness before speaking. "I'm sorry about earlier. I think it's because of the alcohol." He reasoned. But we all know the reason.

 

Sana heaved a long sigh. "Just don't to do that again in front of your daughters."

 

"Yeah," he replied.

 

"You know, you should spend more time with your daughters." Sana suggested. "You are missing out a lot. Soon, they will grow up and then you wouldn't be able to see them like that ever again."

 

He didn't reply. If he REALLY is their father, he felt bad for the kids.

 

Sana noticed his silence so she continued. "Minjoo has been complaining to me why you're always not at home. Hyewon, she doesn’t tell me about that but I am sure that she misses you too."

 

"I-I'll try." He replied with a shaking voice.

 

"You must." Sana corrected him and then focuses on driving.

 

'I don't really know what to do.' Tzuyu said to himself with a sigh.

 

He turned his gaze to look at his hand and then saw their 'wedding ring'. He slowly looked at Sana's hand and saw the partner of his ring.

 

'So, we're really are each other's spouses.' He mumbled to himself; slowly accepting the idea.

 

 

 

 

 

"Sobo!" Minjoo shouted as soon as she went out of the car without waiting for their parents.

 

"Sofu!" The next one was Hyewon who shouted with the same enthusiasm as her twin sister.

 

They both run towards their grandparents and then hug each of them.

 

Sobo- Grandmother

Sofu- Grandfather

 

'This is it. I will meet another stranger again.' Tzuyu mumbled to himself before going out of the car after Sana.

 

"Kids, why don't you go inside the playroom? We have gifts for you there." The old woman, which he presume is Sana's mom stated with a bright smile.

 

"REALLY!? THANK YOU SOBO, SOFU!" Minjoo and Hyewon exclaimed at the same time before running inside the big house with glee.

 

"Haha, Otousan," Sana mumbled before kissing her parents on the cheek.

 

"Sana, my child," The old man said and then hugged Sana for few seconds.

 

'So Sana is her name.' Tzuyu stated internally. Finally, he knew the name of his so-called-wife.

 

"Tzuyu! Happy birthday!" The old woman greets her and then gave her a tight hug.

 

"Uh... Thank you." Tzuyu respond awkwardly.

 

"How are you guys doing?" The old man asked as the four of them stand in front of each other.

 

"Why don't we get inside first?" The old woman suggested.

 

"Sure," Sana agreed and then they all walk towards the big house with Tzuyu following them with awkwardness.

 

What the hell is he supposed to do? How should he act in front of them?

 

"So, how are you guys doing?" The old man asks with curiosity as they all settled down inside the living room.

 

Tzuyu didn't fail to notice that he is really curious but what is happening between the two of them and he assumed that maybe he is just worried about his daughter's state.

 

"The same but Tzuyu becomes more busy." Sana answered with a slight butter tone.

 

"Really?" The old man asked for confirmation while looking at him.

 

Tzuyu slowly nods his head. "Ah yeah,"

 

Both parents didn't reply so he assumed that maybe he said something wrong so he tried to explain. "But S-Sana and I had talked about it already. I will try to take a week off so that I can spend time with them; especially with the kids."

 

"That's great for all of you!" The old woman exclaimed; much to Tzuyu's relief.

 

"Yeah," Tzuyu answered with a small smile.

 

"Why don't we just eat for now? I am sure the kids are hungry." The old woman suggested and then they all went to the dining room; with Tzuyu just following them. He needs to be careful since he didn't really know this place.

 

"Kids, let's eat for now. Check out your toys later." The old man shouted to the kids inside the playroom.

 

Soon, they heard footsteps and then two twins finally appeared in front of them and sit beside their parents. Minjoo beside Tzuyu and Hyewon beside Sana as the grandparents sat on each end of the table.

 

"Let's eat a lot since it is Tzuyu's birthday!" The old man suggested.

 

"Otousan, remember, you have to maintain the intake of calories in your body." Sana remained before her dad could even take a single bite of the fancy food in front of him. "Haha, no sweets okay?" She continued, directing the question to her mom.

 

That made the old man chuckled. "Even though you're married with Tzuyu for five years now, you still don't forget to remind us that like how you used to do five years ago."

 

"Of course," Sana replied.

 

"She's a great wife Tzuyu, isn’t she?" The old woman asked while staring at him.

 

"Of course she is!" Tzuyu instantly answered.

 

'I think?'

 

They finally start eating.

 

The kids were the first ones to finish their food. They both bid their goodbyes and then went back to the playroom.

 

"Let's drink some wine, shall we?" The old man asked but he actually didn't acknowledge if they reject his suggestion.

 

'Oh no here comes the alcohol again.' He's a lot afraid of alcohol now since when he drank last night he wake up and found 4 year old kids in front of his house and a beautiful wife.

 

"Dad, I told you, you should stop drinking alcohols now." Sana scolded while shaking her head in disapproval.

 

The old man chuckled. "It's okay, it if my first time this year. I won't drink too much. I just want to celebrate your husband's birthday. Plus, your mom and I had talked about this already. Right honey?"

 

The old woman nodded her head even though she really hates the idea.

 

He snapped his fingers and then an old lady, maid, entered the room. "Here's your drinks Sir, enjoy." She slowly laid the 40 year old wine on the wide table.

 

Tzuyu looked at the woman since he thought that he already heard that voice before.

 

'Wait, why does she looks so familiar?' He asked himself with curiosity.

 

This train of thoughts cut off when Sana's Dad speaks. "Tzuyu, come on." He raises his glass of wine in the air.

 

"Uh, yeah," Tzuyu mumbled before they did a toast.

 

"May I excuse myself?" He asked after he drank his wine.

 

"Sure," Sana's Mom answered with a smile.

 

'Just where are you?' He asked himself as he tried to look for the familiar lady.

 

Suddenly, someone speak beside him. "Are you looking for me?"

 

He slowly turns around and then find the woman she's looking for. "Huh?" He cleared his throat. "Ah... Yeah,"

 

"Are you confused with what has been happening right now?" The old lady asked as he shows confusion in his face.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter